Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2021, 14:26   #91
BHPian

re: Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999

Just joined the band wagon. Booked it for myself. Hoping, they will undercut Ather and Chetak
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 16:20   #92
BHPian

I was interested in it till I saw the minuscule leg space , the very small seat and the fact that it will have only a single shock absorber in the front.
I expect it to be very well priced and have not more than a 60km range in real life . Good for running errands essentially
abhijit 2284 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 16:49   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijit 2284 View Post
I was interested in it till I saw the minuscule leg space , the very small seat and the fact that it will have only a single shock absorber in the front.
I expect it to be very well priced and have not more than a 60km range in real life . Good for running errands essentially
Same here - add a footboard that is not fully flat and I quickly held back.
Old 16th July 2021, 17:22   #94
Senior - BHPian

This got to be only community in the world where affordable booking price is frowned upon.
amol4184 is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 17:33   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
I also reserved it but I find it silly that the reservation price is 499! Am I buying a BATA shoe? Most people won't take Ola seriously with such silly booking/reserving price!
It's not a silly thing.
It's a clever marketing strategy.

The ridiculously low booking price, that too transferable, means that, there will be huge number of 'initial' bookings.
Even though there would be cancellations, but the sheer publicity, will provide excellent initial momentum to this product.
abhishek46 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 17:47   #96
BHPian

For folks who were always comparing Ola as an Indian replica of Uber, well they have definitely done better than Uber in a lot of segments. Penetrating rural India while Uber was looking at urban specific segments was amazing.

And now with launch of electric scooters, they are definitely taking it to the next level (very similar to how Amazon approached its ecom. Initially crowd owned store, with just logistics through them. Later they started procuring stores like whole foods in US, More in India to bolster their ecom). Only delta is they are not acquiring but building homegrown - not sure how that will pan. Ola electric - Hope they price it well and the range is good. Fingers crossed !
warp_10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 18:18   #97
BHPian

So reserved it on my dad's mobile number yesterday and this is what I received today. Is this some kind of a joke? I mean I cant even find a login option on the website. The amount was clearly deducted from my dad's account and I even received a message regarding the same. I hope they resolve this ASAP!
Attached Thumbnails
Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-img_20210716_181212.jpg  

Old 17th July 2021, 12:25   #98
BHPian

Ola Electric receives 100k bookings on Day 1.
Is that number really achievable in a day?
Attached Thumbnails
Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-img_20210717_122336.jpg  

Last edited by udaikalra01 : 17th July 2021 at 12:30.
udaikalra01 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 17:39   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

As expected, huge numbers booked. How many of this transalates in to actual sales is yet to be seen. That's more than 1 vehicle each second and ₹4.99cr of funds. Hope they keep up to all the expectations with respect tonpricing and specs.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 00:03   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
So reserved it on my dad's mobile number yesterday and this is what I received today. Is this some kind of a joke? I mean I cant even find a login option on the website. The amount was clearly deducted from my dad's account and I even received a message regarding the same. I hope they resolve this ASAP!
Same here. I think many people received the failure message in the evening. I believe payment was successful but something is gone wrong on their side. I sent an email to customer service. No response yet.
I booked the scooter, but not sure if I will really buy it. Among the current crop, I only liked Chetak from looks and practicality perspective. But I do not find it value for money. Hope OLA really surprises with good pricing.
Old 18th July 2021, 07:50   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
Same here. I think many people received the failure message in the evening. I believe payment was successful but something is gone wrong on their side. I sent an email to customer service. No response yet.
If your booking is successful, then you will receive a confirmation message and another SMS with order ID. (I have received both).
Old 18th July 2021, 13:12   #102
BHPian

I'm sure this response will help them reach a sensible price which won't be too high so that normal people can't afford it.
Old 18th July 2021, 14:31   #103
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

OLA is the disruptor that India's two wheeler sector desperately needs.

Despite being the world's largest two wheeler maker and among the rare export success stories, only one word can describe India's two wheeler industry's foray into EVs..... PATHETIC!

India's EV space is dominated by small assemblers importing chinese kits and calling them Indian, eg. Hero, Okinawa etc

The new start ups keep focussing on premium and continue pushing prices north out of the reach of most two wheeler buyers.

The majors are the worst offenders. TVS/Bajaj have a namesake EV model making a few hundred every month to sell in just 2-3 cities. What a joke?

Glad to see OLA wake up and smell the coffee!
shortbread is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 15:58   #104
Senior - BHPian

I hope this is the Jio moment in Indian 2 wheeler industry. I feel Indian villages will convert to electric 2 wheelers faster than people in cities. I am seeing more EV 2 wheelers in the villages on the outskirts of Bangalore. People in villages have very easy access to home charging, as everyone stays in an independent house.

I love Ather as a start-up, I feel the old fellows in Hero group have killed the Ather scooters. They would have asked for profits from day one, they should have been given some breathing space before mass manufacturing (ramp up of Hosur plant) and competent pricing of 450. Instead of concentrating on profits, they should have helped Ather to bring down the scooter costs, I guess the R&D at Hero is zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post

The majors are the worst offenders. TVS/Bajaj have a namesake EV model making a few hundred every month to sell in just 2-3 cities. What a joke?
I have no hopes on the 3 majors(Hero, TVS, Bajaj). Rajiv Bajaj only talks loud, all he sells is 100cc bikes in africa, copying piaggio designs. It's sad they increased the price of Chetak by 27K at once.

Last edited by SKC-auto : 18th July 2021 at 16:27.
SKC-auto is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 17:12   #105
BHPian

Booked one. Hope they price it right. Have 3 Activa's out of which one is on its last legs. Hoping to replace it with the OLA. Will decide based on how it's priced and the battery portability option.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks