Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2021, 15:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

TVS Jupiter now gets idling engine start / stop

TVS Motors has launched an idling engine start / stop feature, which it calls TVS intelliGO. The Jupiter is the first product to get this feature.

TVS Jupiter now gets idling engine start / stop-starlight-blue-zx-intelligo-shot-1.jpg

TVS intelliGO is claimed to improve fuel efficiency. It is also claimed to reduce emissions as it switches off the engine during long idling, especially at traffic signals. The engine is fired up by just twisting the throttle.

TVS Jupiter now gets idling engine start / stop-intelligo-switch-800x520.jpg

TVS claims that the Jupiter is the first 110cc scooter in the industry to get this feature. The scooter's engine produces 7.3 BHP @ 7,000 rpm and 8.4 Nm @ 5,500 rpm. It is mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT).

TVS Jupiter now gets idling engine start / stop-tvs-intelli-go.jpg

The TVS Jupiter with TVS intelliGO is priced at Rs. 72,347 (ex-showroom, Delhi). It is available in two colour options - Starlight Blue and Royal Wine.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 2nd February 2021 at 15:57.
TusharK is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 18:29   #2
BHPian

Re: TVS Jupiter now gets idling engine start / stop

Unlike in cars, I feel this feature bit scary. Imagine someone stopping seeing a friend to stops to make a quick chat. I have seen many trying out accelerator and brakes for no reason as they talk. Then comes kids. Hope the team has taken all these into consideration in the design. Fingers crossed.
jagdish_ker is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 01:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS Jupiter now gets idling engine start / stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagdish_ker View Post
Unlike in cars, I feel this feature bit scary. Imagine someone stopping seeing a friend to stops to make a quick chat. I have seen many trying out accelerator and brakes for no reason as they talk. Then comes kids. Hope the team has taken all these into consideration in the design. Fingers crossed.
Spot on Jagdish. I have the same feature on my Honda Activa 125 BS6 and keep it switched off to be on the safe side. In fact the sales person briefed me on the dangers of this feature during delivery.

Unfortunately this feature is forced on the buyer if you want to buy the alloy wheel and disc brake variant on the Honda. The obsession for fuel economy is what makes manufacturers make this kind of stuff.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks