Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2022, 08:26   #181
BHPian

Re: 2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs

Hello Bhpians

Wanted to know if anyone had done silencer exhaust wrapping as shown in the below picture.

2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-29da0a0bb25e47ed93c491aafc86f28e.jpeg

2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-7287ab7f8c1b456db68b5d9e503c98d1.jpeg

I have a 4 year old son who accidentally holder it yesterday when I went to do a PDI. I would like to understand if we can reduce the risk of accidents due to heat by doing so. Any experience on it will be highly helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Vasi
Old 28th March 2022, 15:57   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRajput View Post
Even in 2022, RE is no less than a government office.
Booked a customised bike through the showroom on 2nd January and was given a verbal lead time of 45 days and a written tentative delivery date of 3rd March.
Come last week of February, I started following up with the RE store at Bandra since it's just a km away from my home. Folks at the store just gave assurances that I'll be allocated a bike on 3rd March anyhow. Come March 3, there was no sign of any allocation and I requested the showroom staff (after giving them a earful) to escalate my issue to any RM/TM, but they said it won't make a difference.
This is when I took upto their Twitter page tagging Sid Lal and also wrote a strong worded e-mail to their support email ID.
Within three days, I was allocated a chassis and on the 8th day my bike was dispatched from the factory. The registration will be completed tomorrow and I'll get my bike in a day or two.

TLDR :- Things won't really move until you escalate it
Happy Riding!
Quite frankly, I don't think things move at RE even if you escalate. I had an excruciating 4 month wait and in the meantime had done all that you mentioned in your post....tweeted Sid Lal, wrote numerous emails, numerous calls and what not. They just refused to give a point of escalation and the attitude was so bad...its not manufactured...you have to wait kinds. It arrived only when they felt like delivering it.

I hear that the waiting time has reduced now for the Classic 350, it might be just coincidence that you escalated and the bike was ready to be manufactured.

Right from the dealer experience, to follow ups to post delivery issues and the worst part the dealer took 45 days to get the bike registered that too after numerous follow ups... the whole experience has seriously been bitter. I hope something changes at RE.

The only saving grace - every ride puts a smile on your face but you should not go through all this for that and that too in this day and age. I hope RE cleans up their act soon and the attitude of the dealership...no one can save RE if that continues.
SafeDrive0107 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 16:57   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post
Hello Bhpians

Wanted to know if anyone had done silencer exhaust wrapping as shown in the below picture.

I have a 4 year old son who accidentally holder it yesterday when I went to do a PDI. I would like to understand if we can reduce the risk of accidents due to heat by doing so. Any experience on it will be highly helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Vasi
It is not recommended to heat wrap the bend pipe as that is mainly to retain heat and help the engine perform better which is not required in our climate.

It will help in protecting against accidental touches, but if that is the case the muffler too will get heated up quite a bit because of the catalytic convertor in it and heat wrapping that will look odd as well.

It is a risk with kids around for sure and what I do with my 2.5 year old is keep her at a distance as much as possible and have an eye on her when she is around the bike.
tharian is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 22:15   #184
BHPian

Thanks @tharian, I did some research over the weekend and found out a product that might be of use. You can find it here

I am considering this as of now. Youtube reviews on the same looks good too.
vasi_raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 21:03   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post
Hello Bhpians

Attachment 2288940

Attachment 2288941

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Vasi
Don't do it if you have bs6 model, it will mess with the O2 sensor and cause stalling.
Rshrey22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 23:51   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRajput View Post
Finally got my Classic Reborn Halcyon Green
Sir, let me tell you that your spec game is just phenomenal. If I had to buy a Classic 350 today, this is what it would have had looked like! Kudos on you newly acquired machine. We would love a detailed review from you! For now let me drool over these pictures and I would love some more pictures from you!
TSI_FTW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 17:10   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI_FTW View Post
Sir, let me tell you that your spec game is just phenomenal. If I had to buy a Classic 350 today, this is what it would have had looked like! Kudos on you newly acquired machine. We would love a detailed review from you! For now let me drool over these pictures and I would love some more pictures from you!
Thanks for the kind words buddy!
The bike is surely a head turner. Unfortunately I haven't been able to ride it much due to lack of time coz of Ramadan. Will surely head out for some rides in the coming months and will update the thread with pictures and other details.
Thanks!
Old 27th May 2022, 13:21   #188
BHPian

Hi Frieds,

I booked a classic 350 custom Red Chrome online on the 5th of May, the tentative delivery date for 7th June. On the 23rd of May I got a call from the dealer say the bike has been allotted and to arrange for the balance payment. Now I was thinking it will take 45 days or so, but this was a pleasant surprise. The only question I have, that I have not received any email from Royal enfield on this allotment and a email to them enquiring the allotment yield a standard reply, i.e. lead time is 60 days. Did any one here faced the same. In the meantime I have requested the dealer to share phots and the chassis number.

Last edited by tirthankard77 : 27th May 2022 at 13:23.
Old 13th June 2022, 12:05   #189
BHPian

I purchased a classic 350 two weeks back and was planning to share an initial review after a month of use but the bike didn't even run properly for a week.

Sharing few details on what happeded, will add additional details in later posts.
  • 27th May: Bought the bike, drove around 30km to home, could feel the bike overheating but ignored it as it was a new bike and also could be due to the harsh summer here in northern part of India
  • Didn't ride much for next weeks, covered about 80km in total (Individual rides less than 20km's)
  • Bike rode normally most of the time except the emanating heat from the engine. One of my friend who owns an Iron 883 also pointed out that it was generating more heat than his bike.
  • From the second week could feel the bike RPM's fluctuating during riding, even with no acceleration the bike revved to about 2000rpm and then came back to normal, happened 2-3 times. As the service center was 30km away, had plans to get it checked in mid June.
  • 10th June: Was riding the bike and the same problem returned but this time bike seemed to be revving even higher and also could feel the loss of power. After some time check engine light came and it felt like fuel is not reaching the bike, it simply refused to accelerate. Switched off the bike for couple of minutes and after that drove the bike slowly back to home.
  • 11th June: Took the bike to the service station from where I bought it. When connected to the scanner it showed error code P0198: Engine Oil Temperature Sensor Circuit High/Open. The error was cleared and the bike ran normal for about 20km's before showing the same issue again. Again the error was cleared and same thing repeated. Now third time the sensor was changed after getting approval from RE. Again the bike ran normal for about 20km test drive before the error returned and this time the error was not getting cleared. It came immediately as soon as it was cleared. Old sensor was re-installed and a lot of videos were made which were sent to RE for further analysis
  • 13th June (Today): The bike is at the service station and still under further diagnosis
    2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350. Edit - Launched at Rs. 1.84 lakhs-pxl_20220611_041736935.jpg

Last edited by P242 : 13th June 2022 at 12:17. Reason: Removed image
P242 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 00:40   #190
BHPian

Got the bike delivered, drove for about 25kms.Engine RPM seems to be stable now with no weard fluctuations. Service centre mentioned that all the issues were due to a loose coupler near the ECU and no parts were changed as part of the fix.

Need to take the bike on a longer ride to test if the issue is really fixed and if the excessive engine heating is now under control.
Old 15th June 2022, 08:07   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthankard77 View Post
Hi Frieds,

I booked a classic 350 custom Red Chrome online on the 5th of May, the tentative delivery date for 7th June. On the 23rd of May I got a call from the dealer say the bike has been allotted and to arrange for the balance payment. Now I was thinking it will take 45 days or so, but this was a pleasant surprise. The only question I have, that I have not received any email from Royal enfield on this allotment and a email to them enquiring the allotment yield a standard reply, i.e. lead time is 60 days. Did any one here faced the same. In the meantime I have requested the dealer to share phots and the chassis number.
You can inform the dealer that once you see the bike, you will pay. I bought the bike from ready stock available with dealer after inspecting the bike. However be quick in payment once you have inspected the bike and all is good. Otherwise depending on the demand they offer the bike to walk in customers with ready payment.

Hope this helps
FiatDiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 15:32   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P242 View Post
Got the bike delivered, drove for about 25kms.Engine RPM seems to be stable now with no weard fluctuations. Service centre mentioned that all the issues were due to a loose coupler near the ECU and no parts were changed as part of the fix.

Need to take the bike on a longer ride to test if the issue is really fixed and if the excessive engine heating is now under control.
Took the bike again for couple of kilometers during the weekend and the same problem has returned but without the check engine light. Experiencing sudden loss of power under acceleration and pops from the exhaust. Not sure what to do at this point as bike has only covered 300 kms (100+ kms were driven during last diagnosis). Thinking of reaching out to Royal Enfield before re-visiting the service center this weekend.
P242 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 08:51   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P242 View Post
Took the bike again for couple of kilometers during the weekend and the same problem has returned but without the check engine light. Experiencing sudden loss of power under acceleration and pops from the exhaust. Not sure what to do at this point as bike has only covered 300 kms (100+ kms were driven during last diagnosis). Thinking of reaching out to Royal Enfield before re-visiting the service center this weekend.
Did you get this issue resolved?
SafeDrive0107 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 00:59   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
Did you get this issue resolved?
It's mostly resolved I guess from what I observed after riding about 120km post service but the bike still heats up a lot.

But now the rear tire/rim is making squeaking noises and also facing the problem of false neutrals after the engine gets hot .
Old 28th July 2022, 18:26   #195
BHPian

A question for fellow Classic owners. I noticed that the bike can run quite a bit after the low fuel light comes on and the last bar starts blinking. Yesterday I rode it approx. 35km in trip F with the low fuel warning on highway. Cursing myself of not filling it earlier, I was afraid of fuel pump failure. Refueled as soon as I saw a bunk. Could still hear leftover petrol in the tank before filling it as well I might add.

My question being, is there any info on how much fuel there is left when the low fuel warning comes? Any reliable sources that have tested it?

Last edited by DriverNo.420 : 28th July 2022 at 18:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks