Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2020, 16:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Peugeot Django 125 retro-styled scooter spotted in India

Peugeot's retro-styled Django 125 scooter has been spotted in India.

Peugeot Django 125 retro-styled scooter spotted in India-peugeotdjango125spied.jpg

The Django 125 is a pretty unique looking scooter. Unlike the Vespa, which is a modern interpretation of a classic, the Django looks like a scooter from the 1960s. It has dual-tone bodywork with chrome trim and a vertically oriented tail lamp. Even the wheels are painted white.

Peugeot Django 125 retro-styled scooter spotted in India-peugeotdjango125.jpg

The scooter has a split seat with large silver grab handles on either side and chrome mirrors. Besides these retro-styled bits, it has a round instrument cluster that has a small screen.

Peugeot Django 125 retro-styled scooter spotted in India-peugeotdjango125spiedrear.jpg

The Django 125 is powered by a 124.6cc, single-cylinder engine that produces 10 BHP and 8.9 Nm.

Since last year, Peugeot has also been testing the Pulsion maxi-scooter in India.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 16:26   #2
BHPian

Re: Peugeot Django 125 retro-styled scooter spotted in India

It's really good to see manufacturers are thoroughly testing before premiering their models in our country's one of them most competitive segment (scooters).

Waiting to see their sales & after sales network support and model pricing's with BSVI being mandated for all vehicles.
Old 21st December 2020, 17:36   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks cute ! And nice wide seats from the looks of it.

Wonder what's in /behind that glove-box kind of thing in front of the foot-board area. People using scooters would like some useable space there - either open to carry stuff, of a box that one can keep small items in.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 18:44   #4
BHPian

These retro scooters are not appealing to me. I find the design lacks flair. Going by the trend, I think Mahindra will kill this brand also. Okay the last one is my personal opinion and not a speculation.

Last edited by amvj : 21st December 2020 at 18:46.
Old 21st December 2020, 19:10   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

No one is going to buy a "Peugeot" scooter in India. Unknown brand to the masses, weird looking IMHO, typical Mahindra parental support (read = shoddy) and well-entrenched incumbents in the market. A new entrant has to do a "Kia" to gain traction, but neither Mahindra nor Peugeot have it in them.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 08:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

I was wondering if it would be safe for men to sit behind this hump, especially when a strong front brakes are applied

Peugeot Django 125 retro-styled scooter spotted in India-a1.jpg
Old 22nd December 2020, 08:57   #7
BHPian

This scooter would never work out in India. First off, not many know about Peugeot. Established players like mahindra and Bajaj( not talking about 2 strokes) failed to sell scooters here. If Peugeot are going to sell they need to bring in a scooter that looks like say activa/access and offer loads of features at cheaper prices and we all know that's not going to happen. They don't have the same brand recognition of say vespa.
Old 22nd December 2020, 09:32   #8
BHPian

This looks plain weird. Looks like one of those cars adorned by owners with tacky unnecessary chrome garnishes.
Old 22nd December 2020, 11:07   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks aren't to my taste, but then that's subjective. They are trying to make it retro and have certainly succeeded - not doubt. The scooter is immediately reminding of the machines of the yester-years.
Where are the rear turn indicators by the way? Are they what appear to be the extended endings of the chrome strip on the sides?

Also - is it just me OR the scooter has a really L-O-N-G wheelbase relative to others?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks