Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2021, 23:39   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Honda CB350 RS. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.96 lakh

I'd been to BIGWING Topline (last week) to check out the 500X and someone from my apartment was taking delivery of his red RS. He is very much riding it, everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G View Post
Fingers crossed for the RTO "Gods" to show mercy and bless the poor "mortals" to ride it.Waiting patiently (that's the curse, we Indians have submissively accepted over years from the authorities)
Old 2nd April 2021, 10:04   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Sir, Thanks for the detailed review.
Thank you so much Sir!

Quote:
Fingers crossed for the RTO "Gods" to show mercy and bless the poor "mortals" to ride it.

Waiting patiently (that's the curse, we Indians have submissively accepted over years from the authorities)
. I know how frustrating the uncertain waiting can be. Hope you get your RS soon.
Old 3rd April 2021, 21:31   #123
Team-BHP Support

Spotted a CB350RS parked in the neighbourhood for the first time today, and I really really loved the way it looks.

If the H'ness was 7/10 in my books, this one scores a 9!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 23:31   #124
BHPian

Finally, after 181 days of drooling, and tested patience to the core, with 2 premium bigwing dealers, 2 bookings (CB350 & CB350RS), enduring all disappointments and stupid (RTO rules) I finally brought my Ladybird "Adalia" (CB350RS red) home. 50Km maiden solo ride home from the dealership in the late evening. Enjoyed the ride in daylight and night through dusk. Its been after 26 yrs of living on 4 wheels and now back to 2 wheels, "cycle of life".
Hoping to miles of exploration from now on.

Last edited by Jo-G : 9th April 2021 at 23:33. Reason: Correction
Jo-G is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 07:18   #125
BHPian

Quote:
) I finally brought my Ladybird "Adalia" (CB350RS red) home.
Congratulations Sir.

Quote:
Its been after 26 yrs of living on 4 wheels and now back to 2 wheels, "cycle of life".
Wish you loads of happy and safe miles with Adalia.
klgiridhar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 20:54   #126

Quote:
Finally, after 181 days of drooling, and tested patience to the core, with 2 premium bigwing dealers, 2 bookings (CB350 & CB350RS), enduring all disappointments and stupid (RTO rules) I finally brought my Ladybird "Adalia" (CB350RS red) home. 50Km maiden solo ride home from the dealership in the late evening. Enjoyed the ride in daylight and night through dusk. Its been after 26 yrs of living on 4 wheels and now back to 2 wheels, "cycle of life".
Hoping to miles of exploration from now on.
Congrats on your purchase of an amazing machine. Wishing you many rides and happiness.
Looking forward for your review of your beauty.
Old 21st October 2021, 19:40   #127

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd October 2021 at 07:50.
Piyush Singh is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th November 2021, 01:41   #128
BHPian

Hi everyone.
I am not sure of this is the correct thread to ask but I am in the market to get my first bike and have some years of riding experience. After a lot of brainstorming, I have shortlisted 2 bikes: The Gixxer SF250 and the CB350RS.

Now the thing is there are no proper comparisons between these 2 bikes as they are of different segments but only these 2 seem to fit in the things I am looking out of my 1st bike: a slight sporty attentive stance, exclusivity and good highway manners for occasional long rides, decently good mileage and no hooligan performance (I need a easy progressive throttle). I have test ridden the SF150 and found the seating posture to be the right amount of sporty though it felt a little underpowered. The SF250 will have the same seats but with double the power. The CB350RS is also awesome and I have probably watched all YouTube videos on it. Please let me know your inputs on the basis of how the ownership experience might be over at least 5 years and how easily spares and services will be available. A comfortable pillion seat will be good to have but not something mandatory.

Thanks.
Old 28th February 2022, 18:04   #129
BHPian

Hi everyone! The CB350 RS is now available in this brilliant shade of blue. I'm not sure what it's called, but it did seem a little darker than the blue on the Hness.
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda CB350 RS. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.96 lakh-honda-cb350rs-blue.jpg  

Turbojc is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 20:28   #130

First Post in team-bhp

Like @sebring has quoted in his Smurfy page : "We Indians have waited a lifetime for a bike (of this capacity) from Honda, and at this price" and i couldn't have waited more .

Proudly i was one of the first few in Bangalore who was mad enough to take the delivery of the CB350RS during the infamous second lockdown last year. Delivery was taken on April 19th 2021 from BigWing Topline , Lavelle road after couple of weeks waiting .
Then the lockdown came visiting within a day or two , which made the beast to be safe and not so sound in the garage for almost two months or more.

Being completing 6500 Kms in 10 months with majority through Bangalore city potholes and a couple of Bangalore - Kerala Trips , here is the one year feedback of the 350 Road Sailor.

Positives :
- Looks : .. Even though i have done a pearl white 3M wrap which was just personal choice . The road presence is awesome.
- The Engine - Muwaaah. Its a "HONDA" afterall . Zero Vibrations even after 120+kmph . I feel with proper tuning , this engine can offer more than we expect it to return. This has great potential to be a true scrambler in terms of response.
- Comfort and Riding Position: This in fact is a Road Sailor . Have ridden 200-250 km ride in single stretch without any stress or backpain .
- Suspension - Right where you need it . Not so hard and not so soft .
- Sound : The roar is pure eargasmic . Raise the throttle around 20kmph in 3rd gear holding the clutch and you will know what I'm talking about.
- Brakes : The dual channel ABS works perfectly when and where you need it.
- Weight - Quite nimble and light to handle compared to the REs . I could slick it through the city traffic like i used to take my RX100.
- Horn - Loud enough . Dont need a replacement i feel.
- Acceleration : Quite responsive in lower gears .
- Mileage : 30-33kmpl in Bangalore city and 37-40kmpl in Highways offering good range.
- Tyres - Nice grip and reliable.

Negatives :
- 5th gear Acceleration : More appreciated if the gearing was not that as tall as it is . 5th gear is only for the highways and forget overtaking without a downshift.
- Charging port - Should have provided a charging port as like in Hness.
- Grab rail - Unless they are your Gf/bf/wife/husband, Pillions will have a tough time holding . Should have provided a small support without compromising the looks. Personally i felt all aftermarket grabrails are kinda spoiling the sportier look.
- Lights - . Not sure how many here will agree but these lights are actually good for nothing . After my first highway ride , had to get HJG Mini driving lights to take it back to the highways. Thanks to Adeshwars Arena , JC Road .
- Protection : Very few accessories available . The OEM crash guard was just for namesake . Added additional sliders and handguard from Motodrift , HSR.
- Lack of RPM meter.
- Monsoon protection : Forget about it and be ready to get dirty. Its a SCRAMBLER trait afterall

This is a Millennial machine born to GenX parents with solid , nimble , sporty , responsive and reliable performance.

If anyone is having a double mind to choose between 350RS and any other from bike from same segment , then i'll suggest to stop thinking and just go for the Honda Experience.

Riding Gear :
Helmet : Bell Qualifier
Jackets - BBG Xplorer
Gloves : Rynox Tornado Pro 3
Tail Bag : Viaterra Claw

Few pictures during our journey so far:
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda CB350 RS. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.96 lakh-img_20210627_114327_775.jpg  

The Honda CB350 RS. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.96 lakh-pxl_20210419_114438794.jpg  

The Honda CB350 RS. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.96 lakh-pxl_20211231_042409999.night01.jpeg  

The Honda CB350 RS. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.96 lakh-pxl_20210805_10432560801.jpeg  

The Honda CB350 RS. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.96 lakh-pxl_20210908_120245468.jpg  

The Honda CB350 RS. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.96 lakh-pxl_20210903_04004921601.jpeg  

The Honda CB350 RS. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.96 lakh-pxl_20210926_131625764.night01.jpeg  

The Honda CB350 RS. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.96 lakh-pxl_20211004_053404119.jpg  

The Honda CB350 RS. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.96 lakh-pxl_20220308_144436955.night.jpg  

The Honda CB350 RS. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.96 lakh-pxl_20220313_071637742.night01.jpeg  

The Honda CB350 RS. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.96 lakh-pxl_20210926_09255177801.jpeg  

Last edited by bblost : 21st March 2022 at 21:05. Reason: Removed excess smileys
shivkrishh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 18:00   #131
BHPian

NEW Update for HONDA 350 RS incoming in April 2023.

I had recently booked a monotone Honda 350 RS from BigWing Goa, had done the booking online on 29th Dec 2022 after test riding the bike a couple of times. After meeting the sales rep, I conveyed to him that I want a 2023 make only and not interested in the 2022 manufactured model. He told me they will get the 2023 lot in first week of feb 2023 and upon discussing with my better half decided to have delivery day on 14th FEB. Now 2 days ago I received a call from the sales rep saying that the current bike production has been halted and an new updated one which comes with OBD codes on screen. The manufacturing will start in mid March and the first lots should hit the showroom latest by mid April.

So upon hearing this I converted my booking for the new one because as per sales rep Hondas will not prioritize the showroom without bookings. No update on the price has been provided.

My question is how much of a price hike is expected and does this feature warrant a justification of paying the extra dough? I already think the current bike is overpriced by 10-15k.
Laidbackakki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 10:06   #132
BHPian

The 1966 motorcycle slogan “You Meet The Nicest People On A Honda” is perhaps the most iconic & attention grabbing ever created. Hoping to be embraced by this endangered elite clan by merely owning a machine, here I am with my CB350RS annihilating Monday blues with this blue of mine.

The Honda CB350 RS. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.96 lakh-1693192854128.jpg

Some background:
So, I was searching for a ride that's comfortable, reliable, can handle city MDR, SH roads/broken roads with ease and some NH runs. My search went around need and greed taking my thoughts and visits to dealers of MT15 to Interceptor 650
My requirements in order were - reliability, refinement, practicality, alloys, good GC, 19" front, flickable, acceleration, 6th gear,3-5 Lakhs.
Basically, to add a good vibe variety machine in my routine life. (Well, this pang hits me often)

- Ninja 400 went out because there was no connection when I sat on the bike. Then the riding position wasn't practical, 17" front, halogens and beyond budget price made me look elsewhere. If it was Z400, I'd have gone for it.
- Interceptor650 all-black would have been heavy, not good for city and would have conflicted with Tiger when it'd be time to pick a steed for highway run.
- MT15 was in contention for a less costing fun bike but multiple showroom visits with strong intent to buy same day were annulled by destiny as their stock was coming in next week.

Finally, zeroed down to Scram411 & CB350RS with possibility of Ninja400 or upcoming 390duke. In the present, in Scram I'd have to let go of the 6th & alloys and in CB350 the 6th gear.

Thinking about the moments I had to push my punctured Electra, the visit to RE showroom was a short one.

CB350 was still down the ranking until I chanced upon it during this past Sunday Polo GT drive. In flesh it looked muscular and urbane - knobby kind of tires, DRL-indicators, polish exhaust sound, 19" front stood out. 6th gear missing reminded me of my priority list, but I picked up conversation with the owner to figure out that in fact how badly would someone need 6th or is it just in my head from my T100 & RE experience. After all my expectations and requirements weren't for a super-fast or high-speed cruise with this new machine I was looking for. At the end of the talk, it turned out that absence of 6th won't be an issue till about 110 kmph. So, in nutshell, if I just let go of this one requirement, this machine handsomely ticks off all others.

Off I went to the nearest dealer in South Delhi. Given the anxiety driven, impromptu decision maker I am, I forethought that the delivery would be same day. After some discussion with Sales guy and wrapping my head around trivial differences of various models, an on-display blue pulled me towards it, allured enough I asked & they agreed for delivery in next few hours. End of search.

I didn't take any test rides, as I rarely do. For mutual understanding, aligning with the character of the bike and any adjusting to it, there'd are limitless hours, just the connection, the “click” must be wonderful at the first encounter.

Got the insurance done from Acko app then and there, 6k cheaper.

- Accessories - Knuckle guards, wind screen, leg guard.
- Handlebar gel grip covers from local shop, Rs50/-; perfect for bikes with thin dia handlebars, provides very useful comfort to palms, especially riding slightly leaned forward position bikes.
Not good for thicker ones like Ninja 1000 or Tiger I have as the handlebar holding circumference increases a lot.

Riding done - 100kms so far
No heat felt while getting the bike home on a sunny day in dense Delhi traffic. Rode the bike so far in traffic, curvy, straight, broken patches and I think I made the right decision. Here are my thoughts riding 100ks on the route I have taken with all the bikes I have had.

-On patchy broken roads, standing up riding mimics adventure bike experience - due to 19" front, ground clearance
-usual sitting and riding give a sedate urban ride feeling with sports bike like flick ability & traffic filtering
-fine angle leaning is done with aplomb thanks to 150mm width rear tyre and the overall geometry
-acceleration isn't its forte clearly, refinement and smoothness strongly are. The machine has a half to 1 sec lag to respond to the jiffy accelerator pull that seems to have happened ages ago.
- ECO mode lights up at 45kmph in 2nd gear, 65kmph in 3rd, 85kmph in 4th
This tells that there's fair amount of room for the wrist to be twisted before engine would really protest.
- Riding non-stop for about 40kms I had to stop a traffic light, the gear was shifted to 'N', another Honda steed stopped next to me, it "SHINEd". I was next to another "nice" human I thought, I smiled.
At the traffic signal, the new engine sound turned to a mild calming thump.
I had my ears zoomed in to this sound and in the process of making myself familiar to it when I realized the traffic light countdown to green is much faster today than usual.

Another 45kms to ride today for the way back home, I'll let my heart & head continue note down these emotions and experiences then.

Before closing, credit where it’s due. The lady contributed a mandatory to-be-returned part payment largely because she likes to pillion on the bikes with flat seats like the bonnie she was pillion on once or twice perhaps.
The Honda CB350 RS. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.96 lakh-1693194427086.jpg
And if staying perpetually in motorcycling world is a crime, here’s my partner in it since about 7 years egging me on in this bottomless world of automobiles (much to my pleasure though). Next year he would leave for college and that might bring me some dull prudence; something my wife is so longing for.
The Honda CB350 RS. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 1.96 lakh-1693193638742.jpg

Thanks to this forum for letting me "talk" to comrade riders.

Last edited by wangdu : 28th August 2023 at 10:35.
wangdu is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 00:12   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
ECO mode lights up at 45kmph in 2nd gear, 65kmph in 3rd, 85kmph in 4th
This tells that there's fair amount of room for the wrist to be twisted before engine would really protest.
Congratulations on getting this beautiful machine. Having ridden it for thousands of kms now, I can vouch for it wholeheartedly. I'd like to mention though that you seem to have mixed up your gears as far as the eco indicator is concerned. The values you have mentioned for the speeds align with the 'n+1' gear you've mentioned against them. 45 is for 3rd and so on.
Aakarsh Gupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 09:08   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakarsh Gupta View Post
Congratulations on getting this beautiful machine. Having ridden it for thousands of kms now, I can vouch for it wholeheartedly. I'd like to mention though that you seem to have mixed up your gears as far as the eco indicator is concerned. The values you have mentioned for the speeds align with the 'n+1' gear you've mentioned against them. 45 is for 3rd and so on.
Thanks. Well, I'm pretty sure that for my 350RS that's where the ECO is for respective gears when throttle is kept stable.
Old 22nd September 2023, 10:16   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
Thanks. Well, I'm pretty sure that for my 350RS that's where the ECO is for respective gears when throttle is kept stable.
You might wanna get it fixed in that case. Looks like a manufacturing defect to me. You must've noticed that the engine's revving too hard at those speeds and gears to consider it anywhere near as economical. I personally don't bother with the indicator at all and have permanently turned it off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks