Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2020, 15:09   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: 2020 TVS Apache RTR 200 4V launched at Rs. 1.31 lakhs

Adjustable Showa suspension?

That's a really nice functional upgrade to the RTR. Wouldn't dismiss that at all!

TVS is doing well to keep the RTR range relevant, whereas Bajaj has almost stopped updating the Pulsar for several years now.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 17:17   #17
BHPian

Now that’s a brilliant package at this price point. Love the way Apache series evolved right from Apache 150 days. It got better with every update.
Old 4th November 2020, 17:51   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

That's a really nice functional upgrade to the RTR. Wouldn't dismiss that at all!

TVS is doing well to keep the RTR range relevant, whereas Bajaj has almost stopped updating the Pulsar for several years now.
Curiously, Hero group is the manufacturer of Showa shock absorbers in India (www.munjalshowa.net), but I do not recall any of the Hero two wheelers using Showa suspensions.
Old 5th November 2020, 01:43   #19
BANNED

Wow its great to see TVS make KTM owners like me a bit jealous Features apart, I wonder if the bike is any better to ride than it was and whether it can give prospective Duke200 or MT15 buyers another option or whether this is more of a Hyundai type play where they just cram whatever features possible into an otherwise unworthy product.
Old 5th November 2020, 02:23   #20
BHPian

Ride modes are a nice thing to have, especially for beginners, and most people wouldn't mind having them if you can switch between them as easily as they claim. Adjustable levers are definitely a good thing. The new colour scheme looks very cool.

It's the adjustable suspension that seems like a tacked on thing the bike doesn't really need. But at just Rs.1000 more than the outgoing model, nobody's going to complain.

On top of this the bike already comes with LED light setup, slipper clutch, low speed throttle assist and phone connectivity as part of BS6 IIRC.

It's all about how usable the bike is for my money and TVS is doing a fine job offering more usability for barely a premium.

I'm just waiting for the right product to buy a TVS bike.

BTW, wasn't the suspension always a Showa set?
Old 5th November 2020, 02:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

The blue on matt black looks neat. TVS are also champs when it comes to the best sounding stock exhaust systems. Hopefully; they have payed attention to build quality.
Old 5th November 2020, 11:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Great to see such premium features in a bike of this segment.

Really appreciate the dedication TVS has shown towards the Apache. Compare this to Pulsar and Unicorn (closest competitors once upon a time), and you see how Apache is leaps and bounds better than them.

That said, does anyone remember the Brand VICTOR. Was such a big brand in the early 2000s. They complete gave it up!
Yes, TVS brands Apache as a no nonsense Bike. Compared to Pulsar it does lack few nifty features (like backlit switches ..etc). But I feel the bike does have raw power and this was the highlight of Apache since beginning Plus the exhaust note.
I was proud to own one (Hyperedge series) since 2011 that had dual disc brakes but not the ABS. However the brakes have a great bite and are quite sufficient for Urban rides.
Tyres from TVS are a joke as they are usually made keeping mileage and wear n tear in mind. The rubber seems to be hard as they easily run for minimum 30-40k. My suggestion is to go for softer tyres from CEAT or Michelin which gets along with the bike and makes it more fun to ride.

Also as mentioned I was also lucky to own a Victor since my college days from 2003 - 2016. This was such a great bike with awesome mileage. The Eco / Power mode was a trendy feature in those days .
Was a good competitor to the Splendors and also had a good exhaust note. I had to sell it as it was lying unused in my hometown - still regret the decision.

Looking at the features at the 200 4v version I do feel to exchange my 9 year old Apache for 1, especially that Racing blue shade is drool worthy. But my head says why sell something that is still running well and is 'almost' quick enough.
unni246 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 12:01   #23

As a proud owner of Apache RTR180 from last 8+ years, the sheer pleasure of maneuverability that it offers, brings a smile to your face, every time you ride. I am looking to switch to the new version, and, I wish to see the same retained.
shri_kul10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 12:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
very nice, i still continue to hold on to my 11 Year old Apache Rtr 160, it's a peach of a bike. In addition to what has been discussed above, I am happy to see a black Exhaust pipe, adds to the symmetry of the look, and generally looks better.
Ditto, I now love my previously disused but now restored Apache 180 RTR from 2008. It is brilliant, reliable and with a full engine clean up and a pipe change, flies like a rocket.

The torque is so addictive.

Also added handlebar risers, better LED lamps for city conditions and the bike is as good as new and yes, a black exhaust looks awesome, I powder coated mine and it looks so different and nice.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 12:57   #25
BHPian

All praises for what TVS has been doing for a while.

As the current owner of Apache 200 4V, it's such a pleasure to see the segment develop. My Apache was amongst the first ones to get connected tech, 4 months after that they launched bs6 with LEDs. The only aspect in which Pulsar betters Apache is the top end. 2020 TVS Apache RTR 200 4V launched at Rs. 1.31 lakhs-img_20191112_090223.jpg
My Love

Last edited by Abhi5868 : 5th November 2020 at 13:00.
Abhi5868 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 13:19   #26
BHPian

While bajaj is looking for smaller capacity engines for the pulsar range everyday, tvs is riding the wave of innovation and bringing never heard before features in the segment. The features list of the apache 200 amazes me, god knows what they'll be bringing next!

Meanwhile at bajaj headquarters, "let's plonk the 100 cc engine in to the pulsar series!" Although the pulsar 125cc is one of the best 125cc bike to look at, but we need some innovation too.

p.s. I had the pulsar 180 ug4 for 9 years, so i have no hate against bajaj
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 18:47   #27
BHPian

Happy to see TVS upgrading the aging apache with new technology. One very nice feature in the BS6 APACHE is the GTT mode, where it let's to creep at 7kmph without throttle input. Comes in quite handy when moving slowly in bumper to bumper traffic. They do so much but just don't address the 2 issues that are hereditary to the apache - vibrations & overall bike is small, for that much money it needs to be a bit bigger (longer). Also, note that all that racing based seating, gear shifter etc mess up with ergonomics when riding on pothole ridden roads of Bangalore. One of my friend's Apache 200 is already vibrating like the usual 160's.

They let the victor brand die, which is much respectable compared to what Bajaj did to Discover and Pulsar. Can you count the number of engine cc and variants that discover had till now. If that was not enough, they finally added a Pulsar 125 with neon edition.

Bajaj needs to stop diluting its own brands and retain a certain amount of features to some models only. If you listen to the shop keepers, they would explain the nightmare of stocking parts for different models or discover/xcd/platina.

Last edited by SS80 : 5th November 2020 at 18:52.
SS80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 07:23   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
whereas Bajaj has almost stopped updating the Pulsar for several years now.
It's a shame. I used to have a 2008 model that had done 1.16L KMS before getting decommissioned. Now, the new models are just updated with graphics, a SAI (BS norms), ABS sensors and more weight. It's shame as to what they are doing with the DTSi platform. The Twin Disc 150 variants feels like an unnecessary fork that they did to the tried and tested 150.

Bottomline to my opinions on the RTR 200: Although none of these features are what you actually need on a 200cc commuter, TVS actually knows that people are looking for fancy features these days and hence has priced this bike aggressively compared to the likes of NS to make sure that it'll sell as a popular option.
Bismaya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks