Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2021, 06:54   #76
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Best Pre-worshipped Enthusiast Bikes available for a bargain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doo_Dev View Post
With no offence to the messages / members , this thread is quickly changing to "What bike thread ? ".
It's inevitable for such a thread. Check out the enthusiast car articles. As long as the queries are for pre-worshipped enthusiast bikes, that's totally cool. If not, please "report" and we'll delete.

Thanks for the support & understanding
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 07:44   #77
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone compared KTM Duke 390 and RE 650 twins just for fun per rupee factor? Apples to oranges as far as categories go but both make similar power. I would like to think I'm not the only one who is comparing these two

The Dukes (even the face lift model) have depreciated a lot and seem like terrific value if bought used. RE twins (2019) models also can found around 2.65-2.85l range. Not as bad as Duke but still a cool 1l saving. Most of these bikes are low mileage too because no one actually rode anywhere for most part of the 2020.

Thoughts?

Last edited by amol4184 : 20th March 2021 at 07:48.
Old 20th March 2021, 09:08   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManasN95 View Post
So considering the bad roads and occasional pillion, which are the options in front of me?

FZ-16 and? I was eyeing Karizma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
If you want fun to ride budget options, look at Apache RTR, Karizma, or Pulsar/Avenger220 but you'll only get old/high mileage options within your budget.

But keeping in mind your short term requirements, I'd suggest to get a frugal 125 cc (Honda Shine for example) from Hero or Honda stables considering the skyrocket fuel prices these days. Or choose from plethora of options available in 150 cc (Unicorn, SZ/FZ, CBZ Xtreme). Since it's just a short term compromise, focus on practical options over fun to ride ones if you have to choose between the two.
I agree with Camitesh's recommendations. For some reason, even I had the Honda Shine in my mind, though I dont know anyone who owns it. The resale value of the CBR250 has been rising recently, so I am sure you will get a fair amount when you part with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
I could get the 390 ADV now, or I could get myself a used RC 390 (plenty of ~5k-15k run examples available on OLX here in Pune), thrash it for a couple of years, and graduate to the ADV 490 or a larger capacity motorcycle ( Interceptor / V Storm / Trident / Street Triple / Z1000 depending on my experience with the RC 390).

I am roughly 6 ft tall and weigh 82kg with a 32 inch inseam. I was about 96kilos about 18 months back but then I have consistently lost weight. At my earlier weight, I never considered a committed sports bike but now I really can and I want to experience living with one. I have ridden the all the Hyosung 650s for a total of 150 odd km in the past but apart from that, I have never ridden anything more powerful than my 220.

I used to ride a lot but now I am hardly able to ride at all. I currently have a Pulsar 220 that has run 40k km out of its total 85k on the Highways on tours. Never babied. RC 390 will probably be a weekend ride bike till I can find time again to resume my longer tours.
What about option C - a preowned Duke 390? If you are fine with the rev happy nature of the 390 engine, then either the original BS3 Duke or the facelifted and smoother Duke, will make for a very good weekend ride. These A2 level bikes are fantastic VFM choices for rider who want an upgrade now and then plan to upgrade to a larger bike in future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Has anyone compared KTM Duke 390 and RE 650 twins just for fun per rupee factor?
Both are excellent options. It just depends on which flavour of A2 motorcycles appeals to the rider in you. Many of my good friends love the rev happy nature of the KTM Duke 390, while I prefer the easier, laid back RE 650 twins. Cant go wrong with the KTMs or the REs to be honest.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 08:27   #79
BHPian

So, it has been 6 months now since I have owned the Interceptor 650 BS6, it came home as a replacement for my Benelli TNT 300 which was a pre worshipped one and I had fun with it, especially it being my first multi cylinder bike and the kind of sweet sound it makes kept on bringing huge smile on my face whenever I rode it. But was getting very expensive to maintain and the SVC in Kolkata was very unreliable and ofcourse damn expensive. So I switched to the superb interceptor, which is great in all senses except one, the sweet tone of a sport bike. So I am just once again exploring the thought of having a big bike, 4 cylinder and keeping it just for the fun of it. I don’t know how practical I am with this thought and I am more than sure I will have to face the wrath of my mom and wife if ever I decide getting it. But seeing the options, a budget of 3-4 lakhs max will I get anything better than a Benelli 600i? Can I get a decent pre 2015 CBR 650 or Ninja 650? Or any other suggestions around the 3 lakh mark? I don’t have fancy for abs or modern instrument console, just the engine, the power, and the sound.
arpanjha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 08:35   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
So I am just once again exploring the thought of having a big bike, 4 cylinder and keeping it just for the fun of it.

Can I get a decent pre 2015 CBR 650 or Ninja 650? Or any other suggestions around the 3 lakh mark? I don’t have fancy for abs or modern instrument console, just the engine, the power, and the sound.
My advise would be to enjoy and put miles on the Interceptor for now and do a proper upgrade to an inline 4 when you want to. This will also give you a better insight into what kind of riding you enjoy and therefore what format of bike would suit you the most when it is actually time to upgrade, Secondly, it will allow you time to collect a more reasonable budget for the upgrade too. 3 lakh is not going to get you any proper recent enough inline 4 today.

Some other specific points. Ninja 650 is a parallel twin not an inline 4. I assume you specifically want an inline 4 only - in that case your best bets are used CBR 650s, Z 900 / 800 or the Ninja 1000. A 2015 ish model of some of these specially the Honda / Z 800 should be available for less than 6 lakh. Whenever you do hit this market, since you are buying a relatively older model (5 years plus), I would say the Honda should be preferred for sheer peace of mind and lower cost of ownership.

I would stay steer clear of Benellis in general. Move up to the Japs or other international brands if you want a high quality inline 4 bike.
Axe77 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 14:34   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
My advise would be to enjoy and put miles on the Interceptor for now and do a proper upgrade to an inline 4 when you want to. This will also give you a better insight into what kind of riding you enjoy and therefore what format of bike would suit you the most when it is actually time to upgrade, Secondly, it will allow you time to collect a more reasonable budget for the upgrade too. 3 lakh is not going to get you any proper recent enough inline 4 today.
Thank you, yes my thought process is I keep and use the Interceptor as my primary 2 wheeler and in 1 or 2 years time buy an inline 4 cylinder for the sheer fun of it. Will be on the lookout for CBR 650s or Z800, probably in another 2 years will be able to save up enough for it. Thanks again.

Last edited by arpanjha : 25th March 2021 at 14:35.
arpanjha is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks