Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2021, 12:52   #901
BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Thank you sir !

Hi @nutcracker, I'd suggest you try a seat cover from Sahara seats. I've installed it on my CB350, and it offers improved cushioning over the stock seat. You can also spec it with added gel, foam, or rubber cushioning if required. You can check them out here:
https://saharaseats.com/honda/honda-...tro-seat-cover

Cheers!
Thanks a ton for this. This is exactly what I was looking for.
I'm a bit weary about the prices. In Karol Bagh they charge between Rs. 200 - 400 for the seat cover. On Sahara they are charging 4 times more. Is this justified?

I'm considering ordering a seat cover with Gel. Will these guys install it for me too, or will I have to install it myself? In the second case, will it be easy for me to do an impeccable job, as I have no experience with installing seat covers.

Last edited by nutcracker : 10th March 2021 at 13:00.
nutcracker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 14:43   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
Thanks a ton for this. This is exactly what I was looking for.

I'm considering ordering a seat cover with Gel. Will these guys install it for me too, or will I have to install it myself? In the second case, will it be easy for me to do an impeccable job, as I have no experience with installing seat covers.
My pleasure. You'll have to install it on your own, but it's very easy. It's just a matter of removing the seat, slipping the cover over it, and fastening it using the attached velcro tabs. Here's a video to guide you through the process:

Also, use this code when you're ordering it on their website - RADMOT0. I found it on YouTube, and it'll get you a 5% discount.

Cheers!
Turbojc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 11:40   #903
BHPian

Test Drive:

Start the engine and you are greeted with throaty, meaty, deep rumbling idle. Just love it. Increase the throttle little bit and it roars like lion.

Over the period of time Bullet has lost the thumping idle of the push-rod cam engine. Honda is not close to that sound but idle shows the meaty character of the bike for sure.

Bike looks puny in the picture but actually it is a big bike. I have not seen Meteor, I have feeling this bike is slightly bigger than Meteor.

Now the pickup. The bike was in second gear. I opened the throttle. It threw me back. It was bit scary. I was not expecting this kind of explosive pickup. Bike pulled, no I don't want to use the word 'pull', bike pushed me forward relentlessly. Hence awesome pickup.

Low speed beahaviour of this bike may not be as refined (smooth) as your existing bike due to pulsating torque (I don't mean vibration here) at low RPM. I need to check this again, it was very short test drive.

Riding position. I was disappointed. I'm 5'11''. My position on the bile was leaning forward that I found uncomfortable. I don't want laid back cruiser riding style either. I just want to sit perpendicular to the seat. I wish handle bar was raised and bit closer towards the rider. Is this arrangement possible?

Brake. Front brake is very sharp. Rear brake is pathetic and spongy. Is this normal?

Gear lever surely weird. You have to move foot too much forward and reverse to operate gear. It also doesn't look premium. Why Honda why?

Showroom experience:

As my friend told me, Big-Wing is total fiasco in Pune. Punekars are waiting more than three months for the bike and it finally arrived in common showroom (not big-wing) of Pashankar Auto. Then why to insist of Big-wing showroom for this bike? All bikes were lying in the open outside the showroom gathering dust. Nobody was interested in selling this bike. Is this your premium experience of Big-wing Honda?

Last edited by IP_Man : 11th March 2021 at 12:03.
IP_Man is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 14:54   #904
BHPian

Hi everyone. Today, I fixed the Zana aluminium bash plate that I had purchased earlier to my bike. The quality is top-notch, and it doesn't affect the ground clearance. Plus it makes the bike look more purposeful .

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-20210312_105843.jpg

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-20210312_105424.jpg

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-20210312_112835.jpg

It's supposed to be a straightforward fix, but I had to widen the hole on the supplied adaptor plate as it didn't align properly with the threaded bores at the bottom of the frame, just behind the left footpeg mount.

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-20210308_130855.jpg

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-screenshot_20210312143820_gallery.jpg

If you're planning to purchase this bash plate, I'd suggest you to first measure the distance between the two bores on your bike, as I suppose it varies between examples, and ask Zana to machine the adaptor plate accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP_Man View Post
Riding position. I was disappointed. I'm 5'11''. My position on the bike was leaning forward that I found uncomfortable. I don't want laid back cruiser riding style either. I just want to sit perpendicular to the seat. I wish handle bar was raised and bit closer towards the rider. Is this arrangement possible?
Hi @IP_Man, I'm the same height as well, and you're right, it is set a bit low. Fortunately, there are aftermarket handlebar risers that'll fix the issue.

However, rather than the height, I personally found the width of the handlebar to be narrow. It doesn't offer as much leverage as I'd like. Coupled with the large 19" wheels, it results in a lazy response to steering inputs. I heard that the CB350 RS comes with slightly wider bars. Maybe those on a set of risers could make the bike steer faster.

Also, I found the footpegs to be quite narrow for my liking. I can rest neither my heels nor the balls of my feet comfortably. Has anyone felt the same? This could be solved with a set of wider footpegs, akin to the ones offered by RE as an accessory for the Meteor.

Cheers!

Last edited by Turbojc : 12th March 2021 at 15:00.
Turbojc is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 22:20   #905

Thanks to all the enthusiastic members for the detailed reviews, I have taken the plunge and booked CB350 Dlx Pro in the week when bookings opened in Pune.

While I'm waiting for the delivery, I have a few questions.
1. Any suggestions for PDI checks to be performed? I have seen similar checklist for cars and I have used it when I purchased my car.
2. I'm thinking of adding bash plate, engine guard, leg guard and back rest. Are the official accessories from Honda not good in quality and/or price ? I saw many posts about accessories from 3rd party vendors.
Satish_BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 12:20   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
My pleasure. You'll have to install it on your own, but it's very easy. It's just a matter of removing the seat, slipping the cover over it, and fastening it using the attached velcro tabs. Here's a video to guide you through the process:

https://Youtu.be/rcPbp_jxACg

Also, use this code when you're ordering it on their website - RADMOT0. I found it on YouTube, and it'll get you a 5% discount.

Cheers!
Thanks a ton for this fellow Bhpian. Much appreciated. Pls excuse me late response as Ive been travelling.

With regards to your Zana bash plate post, it looks amazing! Delhi has a Zana store and I think I might visit them to get it installed. But still, Ive been waiting for the official accessory bash plate by Honda.
nutcracker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 20:54   #907
BHPian

https://www.bikewale.com/news/honda-...gearbox-issue/

Any of our members received any similar messages from Honda?
Old 13th March 2021, 21:09   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satish_BHP View Post
1. Any suggestions for PDI checks to be performed? I have seen similar checklist for cars and I have used it when I purchased my car.
2. I'm thinking of adding bash plate, engine guard, leg guard and back rest. Are the official accessories from Honda not good in quality and/or price ? I saw many posts about accessories from 3rd party vendors.
1. I did a very brief PDI of my CB350 before making the final payment. Checked general condition of the vehicle, date of manufacturing (which is on the chassis) etc.

2. Official accessories from Honda are good in quality like leg guard, tank pad etc. Some accessories like bash plate are probably not offered by Honda. Hence, owners using 3rd party vendors.
NH08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 12:27   #909

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
1. I did a very brief PDI of my CB350 before making the final payment. Checked general condition of the vehicle, date of manufacturing (which is on the chassis) etc.

2. Official accessories from Honda are good in quality like leg guard, tank pad etc. Some accessories like bash plate are probably not offered by Honda. Hence, owners using 3rd party vendors.
NH08, Thanks for the suggestion to check the date on chasis.

Last evening I went to the dealer to checkout the accessories. Here are my views and some more questions to the forum..

The leg guard is named as 'engine guard-upper' in the official list. It appeared good quality and reasonably priced but seems to be small in width compared to the leg guard we see in similar bikes like RE. Will it provide sufficient protection to legs in the event of an accident or is it only engine guard?

What I saw as sump guard in some videos is named as 'engine guard-lower' in the official list. Again, I'm not sure if it will provide required protection to the engine from stones with its piped structure, especially in comparison to a bash plate which I could see on a newly arrived CB350RS.

Finally, I'm thinking of going for the split seat but the dealer says that they do not trade-in the original seat. Not sure what will I do with the spare seat lying at home ? Is this the experience at other dealerships ?
They also have chrome plated side stand in official list and I believe they swap it for the original stand.
But they are not ready to do the same for the seat.

Thanks.
Old 15th March 2021, 13:52   #910
BHPian

Hi everyone. It was quite an eventful weekend for Geneva. At the suggestion of many a motorcycling guru on the Internet, I had the oil changed early, at 200km. This was recommended in order to get rid of the metal particles that may have accumulated during the manufacturing process early on for a smoother run-in. I got it done at SVM Honda's service centre at Aynavaram, where they have a dedicated bay for premium motorcycles. It took about 30 minutes, and cost around ₹1800 for the oil and labour. While I was there, I also got a metal visor that I bought from Bandidos Pitstop fitted.

Post oil-change and visor-fitment:
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-20210315_10212401.jpeg

On Sunday, I took Geneva out for its first proper ride, accompanied by a friend on his RC200. We covered close to 170kms circumnavigating the periphery of Chennai. I must say, the CB350 is a wonderful highway companion. Get it up to the speed limit, slot it into 5th gear, and it'll cheerfully putter away all day long. The chassis and suspension come into their element here, lending rock-solid stability at highway speeds, all while soaking up undulations like it's nobody's business. I also thoroughly enjoyed riding the bike on the narrow winding roads snaking through idyllic villages. Of course, it is by no means an enthusiastic corner carver, but for a street bike, it feels quite sure-footed. However, it's on the open highway where it truly shines. I can't wait to take it out on longer rides !

Here are a few pictures we shot during the ride:

Riding through the city early in the morning, through a thin layer of fog hanging around in the air, as the first wisps of sunlight filter down through the trees, with the bassy exhaust note reverberating off building walls, always feels magical:
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-20210314_204054.jpg

As different as apples and oranges, yet they are equally tasty:
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-image_64873272010101.jpeg

Savouring the beautiful sights offered by our coastline:
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_834601.jpeg

One makes the rider feel like royalty, the other probably serves riders royal tea :
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-20210314_155403.jpg

Until we meet again..
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-20210315_11454101.jpeg

Cheers!

Last edited by Turbojc : 15th March 2021 at 14:18.
Turbojc is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 17:50   #911
BHPian

N00b question coming up:

I have massive difficulties in mounting the bike on its centre stand. I think I am using the wrong technique. Any tips to achieve this? It gets rather embarrassing at parking lots when Im trying super hard to mount the bike and eventually somebody has to come to help me.

I dont think I lack in strength. I work out regularly: gym and yoga. Can squat 100kgs with ease.
Old 16th March 2021, 18:12   #912
Senior - BHPian

Wrong technique I think. Or is your stand damaged? I stand on it and hold the underseat rod to haul it up. In fact it comes up by itself
Quote:
I have massive difficulties in mounting the bike on its centre stand
Sebring is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 18:18   #913
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Any of the Honda Owners got a recall for their CB 350 due to transmission issues.
Do share the experience please.

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-honda-cb.jpg
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 20:12   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Riding position. I was disappointed. I'm 5'11''. My position on the bile was leaning forward that I found uncomfortable. I don't want laid back cruiser riding style either. I just want to sit perpendicular to the seat. I wish handle bar was raised and bit closer towards the rider. Is this arrangement possible?
Quoting myself. Just now I come across 'Motovin77' youtube video on handle bar raisers that solved 'leaning forward' position to upright sitting position.

IP_Man is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 21:28   #915
BHPian

Quote:
I have massive difficulties in mounting the bike on its centre stand. I think I am using the wrong technique. Any tips to achieve this?
Initially for a day or two, I also faced this problem as the motorcycle's weight is almost 3 times that of mine. And I do not do any exercise.
Later on, I realised that instead of using right leg to press the center stand (which most of riders do), if I used left leg, then putting the bike on center stand was easy.

You may try this.
NH08 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks