Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2024, 19:35   #1306
BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyntor View Post
Hello everyone, what's the recommended interval to change tyres? My Hness clocked 19k kilometers so far and I'm trying to figure out if it's time to replace the stock set of tyres.
They say the life of a tyre is around 5 years, worn out or not. So, I think it will help if you can share the manufactured year/month of the tyre and perhaps a photo of how the tyre looks. If it's within 5 years and enough tread left, then no reason to change them. Mine, mostly ran on highways, have clocked 16K kilometers and still look good for another 3-4 thousand kms.
prakash_ajp is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 21:05   #1307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
They say the life of a tyre is around 5 years, worn out or not. So, I think it will help if you can share the manufactured year/month of the tyre and perhaps a photo of how the tyre looks.
My bad. I realized I left out this important information after reading your reply.

It's manufactured in March 2023 and I bought it in April 2023 with 8 kilometres on the odo. The tyre looks like it has plenty of tread left.
Old 12th June 2024, 09:59   #1308
BHPian

Hello. Can the rear carrier that is available as an official accessory for the Hness support top boxes like the SHAD SH39? I am planning for a topbox but dont want to go for aftermarket frames to support it.
Old 12th June 2024, 10:28   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achats View Post
Hello. Can the rear carrier that is available as an official accessory for the Hness support top boxes like the SHAD SH39? I am planning for a topbox but dont want to go for aftermarket frames to support it.
I wouldn't have had a clue if you had asked me a week before, but not now. Just this week, I happened to visit a Bigwing showroom for a minor repair. Earlier this month, the top rack I had fixed from Hyperrider had snapped and had to be welded. So, when they said they had a top rack in stock, I asked them if they can fix my SH42 top case. And it fitted like a charm. No issue whatsoever. So, go for it.

I will try to get some photos and share them later when I have the time.
prakash_ajp is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 10:39   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
I wouldn't have had a clue if you had asked me a week before, but not now. Just this week, I happened to visit a Bigwing showroom for a minor repair. Earlier this month, the top rack I had fixed from Hyperrider had snapped and had to be welded. So, when they said they had a top rack in stock, I asked them if they can fix my SH42 top case. And it fitted like a charm. No issue whatsoever. So, go for it.

I will try to get some photos and share them later when I have the time.
Thank You for the response. SH42 looks perfect. Do post some pictures. Want to understand how it looks on the Hness. And, does it fix tight? Any rattling issues? My primary use case is to carry the laptop bag for office trips.
Old 12th June 2024, 11:27   #1311
Senior - BHPian

Even mine from hyperrider snapped, and I had to ditch the full system. Not using their units anymore.
Quote:
Earlier this month, the top rack I had fixed from Hyperrider had snapped and had to be welded
Old 15th June 2024, 17:39   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You for the response. SH42 looks perfect. Do post some pictures. Want to understand how it looks on the Hness. And, does it fix tight? Any rattling issues? My primary use case is to carry the laptop bag for office trips.
I have ridden about 500 kms now with it and so far so good. In fact, I have used the SH42 for thousands of kilometers mostly with my laptop in it. When the hyperrider rack gave in, I was riding on twisty roads with my laptop in it. The Shad case tumbled along with laptop in the road. I had my heart in the mouth for a bit but the laptop was fine. I guess the laptop bag with decent cushioning also helped. The last photo with the damage gives an idea of the impact.

There's mild rattle but only when on bad road or no road.
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-20240614_0934332.jpg  

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-20240615_173451.jpg  

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-17184526739132823558070497528618.jpg  

prakash_ajp is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2024, 21:22   #1313
BHPian

Hi everyone!

I need suggestions on saddle bag protector to protect my bag from upswept silencer of my CB350 RS. My bag had got burnt a little on my very first long trip and since then I’m too worried saddling it again. Though it can be tilted to other side a bit and tightened so that it doesn’t touch the exhaust but that doesn’t give me peace of mind. So I need to buy some kind of protector that can be placed on the upper part of exhaust so that even if my bag goes down it doesn’t come in contact with heated part of silencer. Any suggestions would be great

Thanks!
Old 4th July 2024, 23:28   #1314

Quote:
I have taken it to Big Wing three times and each time, they tell me that everything is fine, kind of implying that its all in my mind. But I know something is off and the option that I am thinking of right now is to replace the handlebar, which is currently at the top of my suspect list. I will definitely get the cone set checked out but I am not facing any issues in turning the handlebar. No wobbling issues for me either but then I keep both my hands on the handlebar at all times.
Hello,

I really suspect the handle bar change might not solve the problem.
I have the same issue, although this is not a major problem but a minor niggle, it still does not make me happy.
I have taken the bike to VFM Bigwing in Bengaluru and have got handle bar, top plate and t-stem changed to see which part is causing the issue, finally the service center concluded that the issue was with the handle bar and replaced it, However the problem has not been resolved.
The bike as such runs like a dream and no other issues apart from the above.

I have run out of options as to what to check next or how to get this fixed, will writing an email to Honda help? Do they even bother responding?
srihari154 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 09:27   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srihari154 View Post
Hello,

I really suspect the handle bar change might not solve the problem.
I have the same issue, although this is not a major problem but a minor niggle, it still does not make me happy.
I have taken the bike to VFM Bigwing in Bengaluru and have got handle bar, top plate and t-stem changed to see which part is causing the issue, finally the service center concluded that the issue was with the handle bar and replaced it, However the problem has not been resolved.
The bike as such runs like a dream and no other issues apart from the above.

I have run out of options as to what to check next or how to get this fixed, will writing an email to Honda help? Do they even bother responding?
I have given up too. Changed the handlebar but that did not change anything. Its a minor issue sure, but cant get the nagging feeling out of my head on an otherwise perfectly running bike. So every week, I adjust the handlebar position, hoping against hope that the issue will just disappear at some magic angle. Will let you know if I find it.
achats is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 13:00   #1316

Hello to all the BHPians,

I'm a young enthusiast looking for a retro motorcycle. My primary usage is for city commutes and occasional long drives. To be true I'm not accustomed to travelling up of 100km in bikes and have done all my long trips in a car.

But I'm now looking to expand my biking horizons and looking for a retro motorcycle. Two great options that I shortlisted were the RE Bullet 350 and the Honda CB 350 (not the H'ness).

But it has come to a point where one of the bikes is in the heart and other in the mind.

The heart's choice - RE Bullet 350
  2. The Legendary name plate and RE badge
  3. Engine characteristics (Low end grunt)
  4. Seats and ride comfort
  5. Large riding groups and communities in bangalore
  6. Spread of service network
  7. Feel of riding the bike

Concerns:
  1. Service quality
  2. Reliability concerns
  3. Fit and finish and exposed wirings
  4. Vibrations in the long run

The mind's choice - Honda CB 350
  2. The paint looks and feels high quality
  3. Honda service
  4. Reliability
  5. Engine sound
  6. Weight balance is spot-on

Concerns:
Less community and riding groups

Seriously speaking, I'm looking forward for group rides and a community to join in bangalore desperately. So, that was the main flaw I could find in the Honda. Even the tall gearing in the Japanese brand did not bother me.

I request all the owners and senior enthusiasts to help me make the decision. Also if any CB 350 community in Bangalore, can you pls drop the details

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th July 2024 at 13:06.
Toxic_Drake is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 09:56   #1317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic_Drake View Post
...Two great options that I shortlisted were the RE Bullet 350 and the Honda CB 350 (not the H'ness).
CB350, if you plan to use it for weekend/breakfast rides, long trips in group. Honda 350's are perfect for touring.

Bullet 350 for solo long trips( easy to repair by roadside mechanics), office/daily commute, milk packet runs etc.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 11:34   #1318
Senior - BHPian

In Bangalore you don't have to worry. Once you purchase from BigWing, they add you to riding groups (and there are separate riding groups as well, exclusive Honda riders) So many invites that you might yell "stop"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic_Drake View Post
Seriously speaking, I'm looking forward for group rides and a community to join in bangalore desperately
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 14:12   #1319
BHPian

Using a BLE ODB2 dongle with a Honda H'ness (Tachometer)

Hi everyone,

I've been riding my Honda H'ness for a year now and have clocked 12,000 kilometers. One thing I found missing was a tachometer.

I decided to experiment with a BLE OBD2 dongle to get real-time engine RPM data and use my smartphone as a tachometer. I was aware that unlike car manufacturers, motorbike manufacturers aren't as strict with OBD2 protocol compliance. But I went ahead and gave it a shot anyway.

It's working well overall, but some sensor data needs calibration on the smartphone app. I recorded a demo video after installing the OBD2 dongle (apologies for the shaky footage). Check it out below:

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Sivbal
VividSiv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 14:51   #1320
BHPian

Re: Using a BLE ODB2 dongle with a Honda H'ness (Digital Tachometer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VividSiv View Post
Hi everyone,

I've been riding my Honda H'ness for a year now and have clocked 12,000 kilometers. One thing I found missing was a tachometer.

Link to the ODB2 adapter: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Link to ODB2 dongle: https://www.amazon.in/Scanner-Reader...B31FJC49/?th=1

Select a dongle with latest Bluetooth protocol so that data transfer is faster and there is minimal delay in phone. If you are going to use the phone as your tachometer, if the phone has powerful OLED display, you can see the display even in broad daylight.

I recommend Torque app from playstore but you are free to chose others based on your preference

Link to the android app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...orque&hl=en_IN
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rquefree&hl=en

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Sivbal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks