Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2023, 18:02   #1246

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer View Post
Does the Death Wobble mentioned above pertain to Highness only, or is it also seen in the RS 350 models?
Both.

I'm just trying to understand how serious this issue is, because of contradicting claims by various people, so it's very confusing.
BikingNewbie23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 18:34   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikingNewbie23 View Post

Some of them tried a 100 different things to fix it but couldn't. One of them called poet on wheels (on YouTube) tried a lot of things but nothing worked. I saw a lot of people complaining about this on an fb group

The dealer group that you spoke about is for which city?
I will be sceptical of all social media posts unless validated with users who own the vehicle.

I do not have this issue. The dealer group is of Chennai.
HowDifferent? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 13:20   #1248
BHPian

Yesterday evening the heavens opened up in Bangalore, most areas received around 100 mm in a few hours. I was in the office and by the time I finished with my meetings, it was pouring and though I have rain gear always in my top box, by the time I walked the 20m to the parking, my shirt was soaked. I wore my rain trouser and coat and was fairly sure it will be good enough to handle this. What I hadn't counted on was the amount of water on the road, as soon as I left my building, it was a few inches of water flowing like a river. By the time, I reached UB city, the water was at least up to my ankle. I followed a car riding right behind his right wheel. However, each time a car passed me on the opposite side, the wave of water came up at least to my knee level. I quickly worked out a route to my house to avoid any low lying areas and made it back without any issues. My shirt was relatively dry but the amount of water on the road soaked my shoes, socks and jeans.

Why is this in a Highness thread? Through the entire journey of an hour, it never even crossed my mind that the bike would face any issues. I'm sure that there were times when the water would have come up to the silencer level but it never missed a beat. Even today morning, I had to go to the gym and the bike started up on the first press of the button like always.

And my friends wonder why I love this bike!
jaganm is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 11:00   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
Yesterday evening the heavens opened up in Bangalore, most areas received around 100 mm in a few hours. I was in the office and by the time I finished with my meetings, it was pouring and though I have rain gear always in my top box, by the time I walked the 20m to the parking, my shirt was soaked. I wore my rain trouser and coat and was fairly sure it will be good enough to handle this. What I hadn't counted on was the amount of water on the road, as soon as I left my building, it was a few inches of water flowing like a river. By the time, I reached UB city, the water was at least up to my ankle. I followed a car riding right behind his right wheel. However, each time a car passed me on the opposite side, the wave of water came up at least to my knee level. I quickly worked out a route to my house to avoid any low lying areas and made it back without any issues. My shirt was relatively dry but the amount of water on the road soaked my shoes, socks and jeans.

Why is this in a Highness thread? Through the entire journey of an hour, it never even crossed my mind that the bike would face any issues. I'm sure that there were times when the water would have come up to the silencer level but it never missed a beat. Even today morning, I had to go to the gym and the bike started up on the first press of the button like always.

And my friends wonder why I love this bike!
Thanks for your post !! increases the confidence I have on this bike... yesterday did the down payment and I am going for Honda H'ness Glossy black DLX pro. Dealer is VFM motors Mahadevapura. They promised delivery within 10 days. Have added 23k worth of accessories. Now waiting for my New shiny H'ness!!
Old 10th September 2023, 21:57   #1250
BHPian

Hi All,
Sorry but couldn't find an appreciate thread so posting here.
Super excited to be an owner of the Hiness. I would get my bike on Tuesday. Are there any Hiness owners from Pune here ? I would like to connect for advice on accessories. Please let me know.
Thanks.

Last edited by ScorpWarp : 10th September 2023 at 22:00.
ScorpWarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 09:45   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
Hi All,
Sorry but couldn't find an appreciate thread so posting here.
Super excited to be an owner of the Hiness. I would get my bike on Tuesday. Are there any Hiness owners from Pune here ? I would like to connect for advice on accessories. Please let me know.
Thanks.
Congratulations! It is a very nice smooth bike!! Just that you might have to hold to a gear little longer, before upshifting.

Not from pune, but one advice on accessories, is to wait. The fork gaiters etc are not a must. Go for OEM crash guards and then give it a month or 2 before adding more accessories. Specifically the front wind shield etc you need to research how effective they will be.
gkrishn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 10:59   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Congratulations!
Not from pune, but one advice on accessories, is to wait. The fork gaiters etc are not a must. Go for OEM crash guards and then give it a month or 2 before adding more accessories.
Thank you 🙏 I was thinking on similar lines to wait till first service for the accessories but wasn't sure about fork gaiters. You read my mind and answered it seems, thanks indeed.
I am returning to biking after almost 25 years, still have my Yamaha RXG but I hardly use it. Needed something more interesting and joint friendly in addition to the current Honda Activa used for family duties so the Highness
Old 11th September 2023, 15:10   #1253

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
Thank you 🙏 I was thinking on similar lines to wait till first service for the accessories but wasn't sure about fork gaiters. You read my mind and answered it seems, thanks indeed.
I am returning to biking after almost 25 years, still have my Yamaha RXG but I hardly use it. Needed something more interesting and joint friendly in addition to the current Honda Activa used for family duties so the Highness
Do expenses on accesories every month - that ways the excitement keeps going on

I got the sump guard - fork gaitors and - crash guard on day of purchase - i would say go fo them as it all for bikes protection

Backrest i added later for pillion comfort - its expensive than the after market ones but is of really good quality - Might have issues if you want to add rack later on so think what you want

Windshield i added for winter wind blast protection - in high speeds seems to cause little buffeting on the helmet and if you are wearing riding jackets regularly this can be avoided - i wanted it for both looks/feel and wind protection in the city and it serves my purpose - but on highspeeds in highway is a bit of annoyance so depends on usage - deceide

Recently also got saddle stay / bigger pannier pipes - yet to buy bags and test them out - honda has 2 small and big options - hardly much of a differnece in price and size so went with big ones.

Knuckle guards from honda are not metal ones and these if you need can try aftermarket - i dont see the need of those as of now- if only show is what you seek then can be explored.

Confort seat and other kits are just personal preferences - i would suggest you go with what you feel like spending money on as and when.

Attached a picture of a new color combo in black with a lot of accesories i saw in the service center yesterday for reference.

Congratulations on the new bike and best of luck for the upcoming pleasant rides - first couple of months with a new bike are the best - but the waiting weeks/months before the bike comes are better
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_8914.jpg  

FieryRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 17:07   #1254
BHPian

What purpose does gaiters really serve? I mentioned it because the SA was pushing for it during my purchase!
To install it, they have to remove front suspension, put on the gaiters and reassemble it. Why on a brand new bike?!!

Quote:
Attached a picture of a new color combo in black with a lot of accesories i saw in the service center yesterday for reference.
The one urgent upgrade required on this bike, is that rear view mirror! And they didnt fix it in the bs6.2 model!

Last edited by gkrishn : 11th September 2023 at 17:11.
Old 11th September 2023, 18:18   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryRed View Post
Do expenses on accesories every month - that ways the excitement keeps going on

I got the sump guard - fork gaitors and - crash guard on day of purchase - i would say go fo them as it all for bikes protection

but the waiting weeks/months before the bike comes are better
Thank you for the detailed inputs, really appreciated. The black bike looks stunning. As of now, I have opted only for the crash guard and engine guard. I don't plan to go on long overnight road trips in the near future so Windshield and pannier bags are not a priority. Also, I didn't like the knuckle guard so I don't think I would go for them.

I would try the factory seats for a few months and then decide on comfort seats.

I wanted the Black DLX Pro Chrome version but did not like the graphics so settled for the Black DLX Pro. I plan to change the black fenders to chrome fenders and install the sump guard and backrest during the first service.

Regarding the waiting period, yes, it is killing me. I was eyeing the Highness for a long time but took a test ride yesterday, paid today, and am getting the delivery tomorrow. Can't wait

Last edited by ScorpWarp : 11th September 2023 at 18:19.
Old 12th September 2023, 11:28   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikingNewbie23 View Post
But, I'd want to address the elephant in the room - which is the death wobble

That's the only thing holding back me and a lot of other buyers

I see so many people complaining about it on YouTube but barely anybody here talks about it

Could anybody please let me know about this wobble issue and if it's solved in the latest model? Some people say it's still there, not sure whom to believe and not to.
I acquired a used h'ness about 8 months ago and never encountered this problem, until recently. Few days back, I took out the bike almost after a week and knew that the tyres were low on air. But anyway, I rode and during the ride, when I took my hands off the bars, the front started wobbling worryingly. I suspected it could be due to the air pressure or the lack of it. When I checked, the pressure in the front was around 20 0r 21 psi and I got it to the usual 30 and tried again. Guess what, this time, the wobble was gone. So, this could be one of the factors.
prakash_ajp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 11:34   #1257
Senior - BHPian

Keep it 31 front and 35 rear, and the wobble won't be there at all. I bought a pressure gauge just for this
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
When I checked, the pressure in the front was around 20 0r 21 psi and I got it to the usual 30 and tried again. Guess what, this time, the wobble was gone. So, this could be one of the factors.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 12:19   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Keep it 31 front and 35 rear, and the wobble won't be there at all. I bought a pressure gauge just for this
Thanks. The manual says 29 and 36. So, I usually go with the 30 that most petrol pumps use as standard. I just don't know how reliable their gauges are, though. But generally, the bike rides like a charm when I keep it in that range.
Old 13th September 2023, 08:42   #1259
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone changed their rear sprocket to a bigger size to improve lower gear driveability? I had done similar changes in my Ninja 300 and it did wonders to city riding.

What is the optimum size of rear sprocket one can upgrade to, without the need to change/alter the chain? The CB500X 41T sprocket is bit too big from current 35T, and would necessitate chain alteration.
Old 13th September 2023, 15:16   #1260
BHPian

Super happy today, got a new bike after 26 yeThe Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230913-3.09.09-pm.jpegars
ScorpWarp is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks