Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2021, 11:13   #991
BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh

I am going to take a stab at the smaller one (https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/gma/KXA00063/). It looks compact and should be able to support its weight via one mounting point on each side.
Does RE sell their accessories through their showrooms since there is no buy option online? Sorry I am new to this.
Old 15th August 2021, 11:53   #992
Senior - BHPian

This is for Interceptor and is not correct fit. You'll need the Himalayan one. My friends have fitted on the CB, and I had pics in my folder. Let me look for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdgalore View Post
I am going to take a stab at the smaller one (https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/gma/KXA00063/). It looks compact and should be able to support its weight via one mounting point on each side.
Does RE sell their accessories through their showrooms since there is no buy option online? Sorry I am new to this.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 12:11   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
This is for Interceptor and is not correct fit. You'll need the Himalayan one. My friends have fitted on the CB, and I had pics in my folder. Let me look for them.
@Sebring No its for Meteor and has mounting points on the forks unlike the one for Interceptor (https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/gma/1990467/)
Also just saw this article - https://indianautosblog.com/royal-en...-hness-p323430. This is the Meteor touring visor but has the same mounting points as the smaller fly screen which makes me hopeful.
nerdgalore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 15:26   #994
BHPian

Quote:
It looks compact and should be able to support its weight via one mounting point on each side.
Finally managed to install RE Meteor visor on my CB 350. Though it was not as straight forward installation as I had initially thought, I am happy with the outcome. The clamps which came with the visor were oversized so did not fit on the CB 350's forks. I had to order a smaller set from Amazon and with lots of elbow grease, finished the install. The new clamps looks skinny but are holding pretty well with no vibrations. Here is the final result.

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-inkedimg_e0962_li.jpg

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-inkedimg_e0961_li.jpg

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-inkedimg_e0957_li.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 27th August 2021 at 16:41. Reason: Quote trimmed. Pictures inserted in-line.
nerdgalore is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 15:42   #995

Quote:
I had to order a smaller set from Amazon and with lots of elbow grease, finished the install.
Looks nice ! I was also planning to do this for quite some time. Heard that the meteor stock clamps fit on the CB forks (not sure if using any rubber padding) but would touch the tank while locking the bike.

Could you please share the Amazon link of the clamps which you bought ?
sreejithsin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 17:15   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithsin View Post
Could you please share the Amazon link of the clamps which you bought ?
The stock clamps that came with the visor were bit big and as you said, they would hit the petrol tank on turning the handlebars.
I had ordered these. They turned out bit smaller for the fork and the screws that came with it were shorter as well. But I got bit longer ones from local hardware store. Also there is a few mm gap now when turning the handlebars in.

Last edited by Sheel : 26th August 2021 at 21:23. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
nerdgalore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 18:32   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojsolanki87 View Post
Regarding the brake pads issue, mine have gone in around 6k.I thought this was due to zanskar ride I took past month.
From what I have learned, brake pads of suzuki gixxer and cbr 250 can be used in cb350. I cannot vouch for this info but no harm in checking out. I am attaching a pic of stock front brake pads.
Wow that would be some ride. Would it be possible for you to share your impressions of the Honda on this ride ? A travelogue would be ideal but at the very least do share your experience with us. Thanks in advance.
Old 27th August 2021, 16:20   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350 View Post
Wow that would be some ride. Would it be possible for you to share your impressions of the Honda on this ride ? A travelogue would be ideal but at the very least do share your experience with us. Thanks in advance.
Sure. Would try to write a travelogue when I have time.
But for a brief, it was a solo ride in which I covered 2500kms.I loved the place, specially crossing the Shinkula. It is a challenge as well a dream. The route i took was Delhi-Bairagarh-Darcha-Padum-Zangla-Kargil-Srinagar-Jammu-Delhi.
It was difficult enough to enter Zanskar from Darcha side, but many times more difficult to exit the same way. The Shinkula from Padum side is a nightmare. I planned to return the same route, but could not gather the courage. The loss of power and weight doesn't help either.

The bike performed fine except for the power loss issue. At every pass, the bike lost power taking time to sputter back again to life. On way to Shinkula, bike completely died before a slope where construction work was going on. A worker helped push the bike across and it started again.

The water crossings are dangerous to say the least. Some places, water goes to knee levels, but it is the rate of flow which makes it wild. Believe me when I say this as i have done both Ladakh and Lahaul-Spiti circuit.

The place is a dream but the bike needs a lot of improvement. I would again go to Zanskar without any second thought but with a different bike maybe.

Last edited by aah78 : 27th August 2021 at 16:45. Reason: See note. Random upper/lowercase & spacing fixed. Please proof-read. Thanks!
manojsolanki87 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 20:16   #999
BHPian

Quote:

The bike performed fine except for the power loss issue. At every pass, the bike lost power taking time to sputter back again to life.

The place is a dream but the bike needs a lot of improvement. I would again go to Zanskar without any second thought but with a different bike maybe.
Thank you for your detailed response. It seems that the bike does not perform well at high altitudes. In such a case it can probably be used for touring everywhere else.
A350 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 15:18   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your detailed response. It seems that the bike does not perform well at high altitudes. In such a case it can probably be used for touring everywhere else.
It's a new bike in the market.Teething problems are always there.Whatever the problem is - ECU or anything else will be sorted out in due time.
It is fine to ride on plains.i did around 720ish kilometre on the first day of ride.No issues.
Old 29th August 2021, 17:10   #1001
BHPian

There was a very minor oil leakage from head gasket on my CB350 so I decided to get it checked at Bigwings service center. They said they will replace the gasket but Honda is closed on weekends to process warranty claims. So I decided to pay from my pocket to avoid another visit. They changed two things and the total bill came out to be INR 112.
Also chatted with the sales representative there regarding the altitude issue with the bike. He said a team of about 8 people including engineers have left for Ladakh couple of days back to test the issue. I am hoping they find the problem and issue a fix.
Old 29th August 2021, 19:27   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
He said a team of about 8 people including engineers have left for Ladakh couple of days back to test the issue.
I came across a group of 7-8 Delhi and Gurugram registered CB 350 bikes today on a checkpoint 30 kms before Leh on NH 1. We were supposed to show our RTPCR reports at that place, it was absolute chaos and they left before I could get free and speak to them. Since this group had only CB350 bikes this may be the group that you are talking about.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th August 2021 at 05:38. Reason: Quote tag fixed
A350 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 21:32   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
I came across a group of 7-8 Delhi and Gurugram registered CB 350 bikes today on a checkpoint 30 kms before Leh on NH 1. We were supposed to show our RTPCR reports at that place, it was absolute chaos and they left before I could get free and speak to them. Since this group had only CB350 bikes this may be the group that you are talking about.
i am member of a watsapp group of cb350 riders in delhi.About 6-7 of our members are on ladakh tour right now.One of them works for HONDA.
I also had a leakage from neutral switch after my tour.Got the rubber seal changed from the service center,all is fine till now.
Another news is that,we had a CB350 group operated by sales team of BIG WING GURUGRAM.That group was abruptly deleted by the sales team as they were the administrators without telling any reason.It is a heresay that the gurugram dealer has put the dealership on sale.Can not vouch for this info.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th August 2021 at 05:37. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Old 29th August 2021, 22:23   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Another news is that,we had a CB350 group operated by sales team of BIG WING GURUGRAM.That group was abruptly deleted by the sales team as they were the administrators without telling any reason.It is a heresay that the gurugram dealer has put the dealership on sale.Can not vouch for this info.
I asked the sales guy on the group situation yesterday as well since I had asked him to add me in the riding group. He said that few people were behaving badly and abusing after drinking so they had to close the group and might create a new one. Though I took it with a pinch of salt.
Regarding the Gurgaon dealership, couple of time I have been there, I have hardly seen anyone come in for big bikes, mostly its people interested CB350 only. Same situation at the service center, 90% bikes are CB350. I wonder how they stay afloat.
If they close shop, the only other option would be the new Bigwing service center in East delhi though I prefer Gurgaon for easy commute.
Old 29th August 2021, 22:30   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
i am member of a watsapp group of cb350 riders in delhi.About 6-7 of our members are on ladakh tour right now.One of them works for HONDA.
It is possible that this was the group that I met, it was a group of DL and HR 26 bikes only. Also saw another mixed group with CB 350 and RE riders, I probably saw every touring bike today while traveling from Drass to Leh
except a Harley or a Triumph. Loads of riders driving single or with pillion. Looking at the roads anyone who enjoys biking should be here once.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th August 2021 at 05:32. Reason: Quote tag fixed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks