Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2021, 16:04   #976
BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
There are rumours of CB350 production being suspended temporarily. Anyone who’s heard this?? Is this for the new ECU update??

Guess this rumour is from a Big Wing dealer in Mumbai…
Honda is definitely working on a fix for the altitude problem for CB350. Have heard that through multiple sources now.
I don’t think they will halt the production due to this as its minor issue in my opinion and faced by few people only.
Old 11th August 2021, 00:20   #977

Has anyone faced the issue of the front disc brake pad wearing out earlier than it should? The front brake pad on my H'ness has completely worn out and all the service centers around me don't have them in stock. I have done around 3500kms now. I know people who have done around 1.5-2k kms and they too have completely worn out their front brake pads. The solution that one of the service center gave me is, "Bike chalao mat, hum kuch nhi kar skte abhi" (don't ride the bike, we can't do anything).

Also, can I use a different bike's brake pad on the H'ness? A mechanic close to my house suggested to use the RE Interceptor's brake pad.
Aryansood295 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 07:15   #978
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryansood295 View Post
Also, can I use a different bike's brake pad on the H'ness? A mechanic close to my house suggested to use the RE Interceptor's brake pad.
Now this is something I appreciate, Consistency!

When I'd faced concerns sourcing even basic consumables for the CBR250R I though maybe the motorcycle being phased out had something to do with it. But now seeing a recently launched motorcycle face the same has given me some solace.

Jokes apart, follow the below steps;

1. Find out what brand of Caliper your motorcycle uses.

2. Make a list of motorcycles that use similar brand calipers.

3. Take your brake pads out and visit said motorcycles spares outlet and do a visual comparison and make a purchase.

4. Install and inspect whether the pads perfectly lock in place and do not drag along the pins or have unwanted play, also make sure that there is no rubbing when disengaged.

And that's about it.

Ride Safe,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 07:43   #979
Senior - BHPian

I thought this wasn't a problem (sourcing), because when i visited Motousher (They're online vendors, look them up), he had a range of specialized pads which I wanted to try out next. He said those were much better in quality than original ones. In Bangalore we have plenty of niche garages too, who source such stuff. I'm sure your city would as well. Brake pad wear entirely depends on how you use them. I use engine braking mostly, so the pads grab quite well
Quote:
Has anyone faced the issue of the front disc brake pad wearing out earlier than it should? The front brake pad on my H'ness has completely worn out and all the service centers around me don't have them in stock. I have done around 3500kms now.
Old 11th August 2021, 13:44   #980

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
1. Find out what brand of Caliper your motorcycle uses.

2. Make a list of motorcycles that use similar brand calipers.

3. Take your brake pads out and visit said motorcycles spares outlet and do a visual comparison and make a purchase.

A.P.
Honda uses Nissin caliper and there are not many motorcycles out there that have the same size brake pads. A mechanic suggested me to try out CBR's pads but they are not a perfect fit either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Brake pad wear entirely depends on how you use them. I use engine braking mostly, so the pads grab quite well
A.P.
Apparently Honda is changing their vendor for the brake pads due to quality issues, and that is why there is a shortage in some cities.
I was part of a ride organized by one of the BigWing dealership recently and the sale executive's acknowledged the fact that the quality of the brake pads is not up to the mark.

I too use engine braking most of the time and, thus, wasn't expecting them to wear out so soon.
I changed the brake pads on my Aprilia SR150 after I hit the 14000 km mark, which is why I'm surprised that the pads on Musafir (my H'ness) wore out at 3500kms.
Aryansood295 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 16:28   #981
BANNED

Quote:
Honda uses Nissin caliper and there are not many motorcycles out there that have the same size brake pads. A mechanic suggested me to try out CBR's pads but they are not a perfect fit either.
The Nissin on the CBR250R is a 3 Pot CBS Caliper.

You would need to look for a Nissin 2 Pot Caliper.

The newer Unicorns got a Nissin front Caliper post ABS integration, do have a look at that.

The Karizma came with a 2 Pot Nissin Caliper and the Apache RTR also has a design coppied from Nissin albeit cheaper at around 280 bucks for the front pads.

Hope that helps.
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 20:18   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone faced the issue of the front disc brake pad wearing out earlier than it should? The front brake pad on my H'ness has completely worn out and all the service centers around me don't have them in stock. I have done around 3500kms now. I know people who have done around 1.5-2k kms and they too have completely worn out their front brake pads. The solution that one of the service center gave me is, "Bike chalao mat, hum kuch nhi kar skte abhi" (don't ride the bike, we can't do anything).

CB350 is no superbike so brake pads getting shot so early is definitely shocking. All points to the poor part quality. My CB350 is April 21 make and has done 2000kms till now and brakes seem to holding well. I will now keep a close eye on them.
Hope you get the replacement part soon.
nerdgalore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 08:12   #983
BHPian

Fixed mud flap with allen screws, got this done this at Honda service, so no issues with voiding warranty.

Attachment 2174658

Can you please confirm where you bought the mud flaps from? If online, a link will be helpful. They come with CB branding and fit looks snap on. Also, nice to know the service centre fixed this for you, in my opinion fixing it with screws is the best option. Don't mind asking, which city/state are you from? I booked my CB 350 DLX Pro yesterday and making a list of all the accessories and fitments.
Old 12th August 2021, 09:27   #984
BHPian

Hi,

Here is the link

https://carbonracing.in/collections/...-on-pre-orders

I am located in Bangalore but due to COVID situation, been working from home since 2020. I bought the bike from Muthoot Honda, Kollam, Kerala. In my town, accessories options are extremely limited, but in Bangalore it is a different story
Old 12th August 2021, 10:32   #985
Senior - BHPian

My bike is from the first batch and the pads are holding up, luckily (I'm riding almost daily these days). This could be an issue with one particular batch, else the two Honda CB350 groups here in Bangalore would have brought it up in the forums. I hope your steed Musafir (apt name ), is back in action soon
Quote:
Apparently Honda is changing their vendor for the brake pads due to quality issues, and that is why there is a shortage in some cities.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 10:59   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Of all the parts in a bike, I feel the brake pads of a disk brake will have multiple compatible vendors.

I have an out or production car. finding replacement parts has never been a problem for the breaks as multiple car manufacturers use a similar break setup.

As already suggested, please identify the break manufacturer. you should be able to find a compatible break pad.
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 16:08   #987
BHPian

Regarding the brake pads issue, mine have gone in around 6k.I thought this was due to zanskar ride I took past month.
From what I have learned, brake pads of suzuki gixxer and cbr 250 can be used in cb350. I cannot vouch for this info but no harm in checking out. I am attaching a pic of stock front brake pads.
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_20210813_160659.jpg  

manojsolanki87 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 20:39   #988
BHPian

Has anyone installed a visor on their CB350? I saw a sweet-looking OEM visor on RE Meteor today and was wondering if it would be a straight fit on our beloved Honda.
Old 15th August 2021, 00:27   #989

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdgalore View Post
Has anyone installed a visor on their CB350? I saw a sweet-looking OEM visor on RE Meteor today and was wondering if it would be a straight fit on our beloved Honda.
It fits on the CB350. The clamps for the RE Meteor visor fix on the front forks so you don’t need any special mounts or any extra drilling. Someone from my riding group got one for his CB350 and it looks quite good.
Aryansood295 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 08:41   #990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It fits on the CB350. The clamps for the RE Meteor visor fix on the front forks so you don’t need any special mounts or any extra drilling. Someone from my riding group got one for his CB350 and it looks quite good.
This is interesting, which means this could fit on many bikes with 41mm front forks. Just saw some pictures and looks very much a possibility. Might look at it as an option for my Bonnie.
Liked the simple design of the mounting but not very sure if it might vibrate, as it has effectively just one mounting point on each fork for a large screen. Feedback would be welcome
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-ebc120263335445eb07fc33bfe124073.jpeg  

Last edited by dinu2506 : 15th August 2021 at 08:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks