Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2021, 13:44   #946
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh

I got this as well. But am keen to drill. The double side tape will give way in rains
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesanto View Post
Carbon racing also provided screws if you want to fix it that way. It will be more sturdy for sure, but there is no way I am gonna drill my brand new bike. This will do just fine. Due to lock-down could do only grocery trips and so far everything is good. Yesterday I was riding through muddy water and mud flap is doing what it is supposed to do, there is definitely an improvement, unlike before my jeans were not covered in mud when I reached home
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 14:13   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I got this as well. But am keen to drill. The double side tape will give way in rains
Agreed Sebring, even I have my doubts about double sided tape's durability at high speeds and rains, but I know people who has covered 2K with double sided tape (with other bikes mud flap) but they do city runs mostly. I am okay with drilling if I can find the right person who can drill it perfectly without messing up the mudguard Or I will wait till Honda comes up with some solution.

I also heard you need to cut the screws a bit because the length is long and it may touch the tires? This information was shared through owners whatsapp group, not sure if it is true and I am yet to see someone fix the CR mud flaps using screws.

Right now, I will just stick with double sided tape method.

Cheers.
jonesanto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 16:53   #948

Hi guys, I am planning on going for the H'ness DLX Pro and intend to book in the next week or so in Pune. Anything I should know before booking, or any specific advice? TIA!
Old 25th June 2021, 22:57   #949
BHPian

I had a little mishap with my Highness last week. This was in Bangalore, where our corporation has dug up the entire city but done a bad job of filling the pits up. I arrived at this one and found it to be a bit deeper than I expected (4-6" I think). I took the weight off the handlebar and made it over, but the rear wheel took a whack. I wasn't going too fast so I just continued on but after a few hundred metres, I could feel the rear wheel losing air. I stopped and saw immediately that the rim was cracked and beyond repair. Luckily close to my house so I leaned as far forward as possible to get home.

I called RSA after a couple of days and got it towed. I applied for an insurance claim, but got news today that they will not accept a rim damage without any tyre damage. Does anyone know about this vague rule?

If they won't pay, I guess I have no option but to pay for it. I hear it costs around 10K and has a 2 week wait.
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-20210615_111808.jpg
Old 27th June 2021, 08:07   #950
BHPian

Sorry to hear about this jaganm.
It surely seems questionable that the insurance company is denying the claim with this absurd rule.
I had a metal rim of my bigger bike damaged, going through a pot hole and could claim it from insurance, inspite of tyre being intact. It is another matter that the payment and booking of the rim from abroad had to happen before and the amount reimbursed later after survey.

Looks like they are taking you for a ride (pun intended). You are well within your right as a customer to claim for this issue, regardless of whether you have taken insurance from the dealership, on your own or through an agent. Please make sure you escalate this matter with the insurance company, unless of course this exception is clearly mentioned in the small print, which I assume is not the case.

Cheerio!
Old 27th June 2021, 09:08   #951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
I had a little mishap with my Highness last week. This was in Bangalore, where our corporation has dug up the entire city but done a bad job of filling the pits up. I arrived at this one and found it to be a bit deeper than I expected (4-6" I think). I took the weight off the handlebar and made it over, but the rear wheel took a whack. I wasn't going too fast so I just continued on but after a few hundred metres, I could feel the rear wheel losing air. I stopped and saw immediately that the rim was cracked and beyond repair. Luckily close to my house so I leaned as far forward as possible to get home.

I called RSA after a couple of days and got it towed. I applied for an insurance claim, but got news today that they will not accept a rim damage without any tyre damage. Does anyone know about this vague rule?

If they won't pay, I guess I have no option but to pay for it. I hear it costs around 10K and has a 2 week wait.
Attachment 2171242
Is there a crack? or is it only a bend. If there is no crack, it can be repaired. There are alloy wheel bend removal equipment in Bangalore. FNG garages will be able to help
Old 30th June 2021, 15:53   #952
BHPian

The rear brake on my thirteen days old CB feels a little coarse at speeds below 10 kmph. I can feel slight vibration and unevenness in the brake paddle when the speed drops below 10kmph.

Any input, experts?

Second, the seat isn't a perfect fit. There is a slight vertical play in the pillion seat. And the rider seat, at the point where it meets the tank, also moves sideways by a centimetre or so. It's a single-piece seat that comes stock fitted and not the tourer.

Your thoughts?

Third, while driving on rumble strips (those small speed breakers you see at toll plazas) or rough patches, I can hear the front fender clank - not loud, but it clanks.

Anyone else?

Fourth, the first couple of hundred kilometres were seamless but off late, I am encountering more false neutrals, especially when downshifting. I have run close to 475 kilometres in the past 13 days. The problem started only after hitting around 250 kilometres on the odometer.

Anyone else?

Fifth, I bought my bike from Platinum Honda, a would-be BigWing dealership in Chandigarh. The experience was nothing to write about.

They put a scratched leg guard, and on pointing out, they were prompt enough to replace it with a less scratched one

I had told them beforehand that I won't be interested in buying insurance from them but they still punched it for a whopping 58% difference. Again, on pointing out, they were prompt to offer first service free, which costs just 1500 or so coupled with a few accessories at cost price whenever they are available.

And then, this is epic. They fitted the leg guard free of cost. And therefore, refused me the free helmet, which I always thought was a norm. One sane salesman offered me his own helmet so that I can at least reach the helmet shop to get a new one. I am beginning to ride after close to 14 years. And the experience wasn't confidence-inspiring and rather was typical Honda Activish.

But I did not create any scene as it was my first big purchase with my daughters Bhavya (10) and Mishti (8) accompanying me. They wanted only the Athletic Blue colour because it pops out and rightly so, as Sebring sir also said.

Overall, it's a great bike except for a few quality, and fit and finish issues which I expect should not be there in a 2 lac rupee bike. Having said that, I am loving every bit of it and snatch every chance to ride it.
jeepster_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 13:46   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster_chd View Post

Any input?
Most of your quires has been answered here at some point. I will give you my inputs regarding your questions.

1) Rear brake on my thirteen days old CB feels a little coarse at speeds below 10 kmph > I have not experienced this on my bike, so can't comment.

2) Seat isn't a perfect fit > All Honda H'ness CB350 seats has a small shake and it is not a defect or an issue.

3) I can hear the front fender clank > This is from front mudguard and this happens because it is steel and I know some who have applied foam to fix this. For me, it was not a bother at all, I rarely hear this sound.

Due to lockdown bike is not running much, reading at 1200 now, no issues or niggles to report, happy with my purchase.

NOPE! This is not my bike, a fellow rider's FE and this was achieved on a Kollam to Trivandrum NH. My Average FE shows as 38.7, 100% city use, which is quite good actually.

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-1625383797040.jpg

Fixed mud flap with allen screws, got this done this at Honda service, so no issues with voiding warranty.

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-1625383820311.jpg

A lazy Sunday afternoon... Signing off

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-1625384817765.jpg

Last edited by jonesanto : 4th July 2021 at 13:50.
jonesanto is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 19:38   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster_chd View Post

Fourth, the first couple of hundred kilometres were seamless but off late, I am encountering more false neutrals, especially when downshifting. I have run close to 475 kilometres in the past 13 days. The problem started only after hitting around 250 kilometres on the odometer.

Anyone else?
Having done close to 600 kms, I am facing this issue. Couple of highway runs and found this to be of some concern. Especially when trying to downshift to get some engine braking. Ran into false neutrals quite few times with the lever refusing to slot into a gear. Also had a display issue with the gear indicator showing blank while I was in third. Will get it checked during the first service.

Another thing I really can’t fathom is where is the 30 NM torque playing around!! Agree the engine is super refined (for a long stroke that is) but all that smoothness does rob some character and you feel there isn’t that punch one expects from a big engine!

On the highways, I seriously felt the throttle input and the speed the bike gains, is a bit disconnected. If not for the sweet exhaust note, ride on this bike can get a bit boring!

No surprise hardcore Bulleteers would steer away from this smoothie! It’s all about infusing some character after all and love Royal Enfield for the same!

Last edited by vinair : 4th July 2021 at 19:50.
vinair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 15:29   #955
BHPian

2nd Part of Akshay Kumar's Music Video:

Looks like Honda was one of the sponsors. The bike shares a lot of screen time while other vehicles have been blurred out in most of the scenes. Good advertising I must say, the bike looks great and should attract more potential customers to their showroom since the video would get crazy amount of views and the bike will get much needed attention.

Edit: I am not sure why the Helmet was given a miss

Last edited by Funny : 6th July 2021 at 15:32.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 23:23   #956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
I am not sure why the Helmet was given a miss
So they could convincingly show him dead at the end and a safety message too. It’s high time people realise/understand never to ride without a helmet as well as never stop in the middle of the road for anything.

Cheers
Old 7th July 2021, 00:28   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
So they could convincingly show him dead at the end and a safety message too.
Off-Topic: I don't think he could've survived the end with any kind of helmet
Old 11th July 2021, 14:11   #958

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-0e7b58b37f4145b2a408b5b56efba967.jpegHi guys, got my CB350 H’ness delivered last week. Really Impressed so far. Even I am facing the false neutral issue, as some of you have mentioned above. So far, have only been using the bike for commuting to work, so around 30-35kms per day. Can’t wait to do a longer ride once the first service is done. 😃 And one thing I can say with certainty is that this one is a real head turner. You can see people turning their heads to get a glimpse. 3 people have so far stopped me to ask about the bike. I think this has as much to do with Honda’s lack of advertising, as it does with the extremely good looks of the bike.
sohanangal is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 10:27   #959
BHPian

This is a quick update on my CB350 after it's first long drive to Blue lagoon, Mysuru.

left home at 1:30PM after having a good lunch. And the route I chose was
Bangalore (hebbal) - Nelamangala - Nagamangala - Pandavapura - Srirangapatna - Mysore - KRS (back waters)
Distance covered - 201Kms
Time taken - 3hr 30m with 1 break at Nagamangala.

In my earlier posts, I had mentioned the enjoyable cruising speed to be between 90-110Km. but to my horror, when driving with head winds, the bike could not go beyond 100Km on 5th gear even with full throttle. it was really "Flogging a dead horse experience"

drop a gear down to 4th bike easily pulls up to 110Km engage 5th it continues at that speed until an incline come's up. for a guy like me who likes to play with the throttle to cruise got really irritated 4-5 times.

Once I reached Bellur cross and took the Bellur cross - Nagamangala - Srirangapatna stretch it was much better as the speeds from 70-90Km is best suited for this beautiful stretch.

Once I reached Blue lagoon, I took a ride across the edge of backwaters and took some snaps to share with you all

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-bikenagamangala.jpeg
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-bikefront.jpeg
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-bikeside.jpeg
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-bikeperspective.jpeg
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-view1.jpeg
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-truelyyours.jpeg

after staying for the day, next day morning left the home stay at 9.00 AM bidding adieu to my school mates of 30yrs and came back to Bangalore

route taken
Mysuru - Mandya -Maddur - Channapattana - Ramanagara - Bidadi - Bengaluru (Hebbal)
Distance - 155Km
Time taken 3hrs
SAMUDRA is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 13:40   #960
BHPian

Took my CB out for a short spin inside the city this morning after nearly two weeks, as it had been raining on and off here in Chennai. The weather was spectacular and the traffic was sparse, which made for an enjoyable ride . The bike performed like a charm, as always.

Here are a few pictures I shot this morning:
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-20210720_125301.jpg  

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-20210720_0938180402.jpeg  

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-20210720_09353601.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbojc : 20th July 2021 at 13:41.
Turbojc is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks