Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2021, 17:15   #931
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh

Thanks. If it is angled like mine you need to adjust the throttle and brake cable, out. The other one poses no issue as such (Pure height riser)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Nice looking handlebar risers from Carbon Racing. Any need to re-route the cables after fixing these handlebar risers?
Old 20th April 2021, 07:37   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Installed a very good quality Angled Riser (For short riders) and am pretty happy with the result. The handlebar is now closer and the height is perfect for my back
Hello Sir,
Coming from TB, I too was inclined to get the Carbon racing risers. Though I wanted to buy the angled riser but I was concerned with the re-routed cables faulting with the Forks.

Request you to share the following info
1. Can you please share some more snaps wrt the routing of Accelerator and clutch cables
2. Compared to the default setup are you noticing more flexing of the re-routed cables and did you notice the cables rubbing against the forks when turning?
3. Snaps of current seating position

Thanks in Advance
Old 20th April 2021, 08:53   #933
Senior - BHPian

The seating position is spot on. Release the fork nut and along with it the two cables as shown here (Accelerator and brake). There is no fouling, as CR seems to have taken a good amount of time to develop this product
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMUDRA View Post
1. Can you please share some more snaps wrt the routing of Accelerator and clutch cables
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_7831.jpg  

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_7843.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 10:21   #934
R.G
BHPian

This is my CB350 H'ness .We do occassionally mention her as "Karuthamma".

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-cb350rgtbhp.jpg

Accessories added ( and my take on these ):

1. Zana Crash Guard with Slider
Fits perfect . Excellent quality and finish
2. Sahara Half Stripes Retro Seat Cover
Excellent quality , not a perfect fit though.
3. Decathlon - 100 Accessories Lock with Key
4. Honda Genuine Engine Guard.
5. NexusGears Rear rack and backrest ( Going in detail as I have not seen any online review on this yet )
Pros:
Sturdy and serves the purpose .
Cons :
Expensive
Not a perfect fit out of the box.
The backrest is bent forward and required 3 technicians combined to yank it to a get a better angle.
The backrest takes up atleast 1 inch of usable seat space.
Rear rack rusted at weld joints within 2 weeks of usage.
Paint chipping off.
***The NexusGears guys were quick to respond and replace the defective backrest delivered initially. Of late , there is no repsonse on the rust and paint issue when I contacted them. This is the only accessory I think is not worth the money I put in.

An absolute must have which I am planning to add to this list is the mud flaps once the genuine Honda ones are available.

It was a long wait (almost 6 years) for me for a good retro classic bike and I am very happy with the purchase. The bike is excellent for highways and good for city rides.

Though the NexusGears product is not perfect , the backrest is very helpful when on long rides and acts as a guard when my kid is riding pillion. The rear rack helps to carry luggage (however small it is) which otherwise is a pain on this bike. Hope Honda brings genuine backrest and a rear rack soon.

Thanks a lot to @Sebring for his detailed thread on CB350 ownership and all the tbhp-ians for their valuable inputs on this thread which helped me through the process.
R.G is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 16:42   #935
BHPian

H'ness Owner's

looks like after seeing our jugaad to stop the slush spraying on Engines. Carbon Racing has come up with a fender extender to solve this issue.

The link to fender extender is https://carbonracing.in/collections/...-on-pre-orders

PS: I do not work / promote carbon racing. This is just an update to all the owners who were looking for a proper fix to solve the slush slinging on engine
SAMUDRA is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 17:39   #936
R.G
BHPian

Thanks for the info. CB350 owners whatsapp group here has got one or other fix for this issue on daily basis. From the link shared, it appears the solution offered is only for the front wheel. Both wheels contribute to the slush getting thrown to the engine area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMUDRA View Post
This is just an update to all the owners who were looking for a proper fix to solve the slush slinging on engine
From my discussions with Service centre guys , Honda is bringing mud guards as an official accessory and it is just around the corner . I asked them for details on how it is getting fitted etc, to which they said they do not have much information on that now. He said the bikes will be given preference in the order in which they were delivered.
R.G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 16:59   #937
BHPian

Been riding the CB350 since a while now, and while I liked it at first, with time, I feel that the acceleration leaves a lot to be desired for.

Is there any legit way to boost the performance of the CB350, mainly the acceleration?
nutcracker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 19:28   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
Been riding the CB350 since a while now, and while I liked it at first, with time, I feel that the acceleration leaves a lot to be desired for.

Is there any legit way to boost the performance of the CB350, mainly the acceleration?
I know what you mean; it is just the character of the bike. It is good for what it is, a Bullet-counterpart, an excellent one at that. But if you're expecting Duke-ishness or a baby Bonneville, nope.

Having said that though, it is a lot of fun in the city in the midrange, keeping revs a little high. Quite different from the fun of riding low-end-torque on other bikes, especially if you're used to Enfields. But when I ride it differently, keep the revs simmering, lean forward a little bit and flick it through the city, it is just sublime.

I think you can get by with playing with the sprocket though. The gearing is tall, especially 2nd and 3rd are tall. You may be able to get something out of playing with the sprocket if you have the expertise. Personally I am happy with it the way it is, its got plenty of punch for the riding I do.

Last edited by rajushank84 : 3rd May 2021 at 19:30.
rajushank84 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 18:05   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
Yeah, the CB350 has a weedy bottom-end. It feels lazy when you short-shift and keep it at low RPMs. However, I only recently discovered that the bike has a meaty mid-range . Resist the urge to shift up early and you'll find that the bike pulls hard and fast all the way to the redline. It feels counter-intuitive to ride a bike with a long-stroke motor like this, but one needs to keep the motor on the boil to make fast progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
I know what you mean; it is just the character of the bike. It is good for what it is, a Bullet-counterpart, an excellent one at that. But if you're expecting Duke-ishness or a baby Bonneville, nope.
Coming from a Duke 200, I find the lack of initial enthusiasm from the CB350 a bit boring, but then, other aspects of the bike kind of make up for it .
Turbojc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 18:00   #940
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda H'Ness CB350 gets a price hike of Rs. 3,405.

The H'Ness CB350 Deluxe variant is now priced at Rs. 189,905 while the Deluxe Pro variant is priced at Rs. 195,905 ex-showroom, Delhi.

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-smartselect_20210506175838_chrome.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 19:44   #941
BHPian

A friend of mine and I took delivery of two Black DLX 350s just before the wave 2 lock down here in Bangalore!

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-two-bikes.jpg

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-bike-front.jpg

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-pillion.jpg

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-side-views.jpg

Also bought the Carbon Racing handle bar raiser and the mud fender! I am yet to get these fixed!

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-handle-bar-raiser.jpg

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-fender-etxn.jpg
vinair is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 08:48   #942
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Thanks. If it is angled like mine you need to adjust the throttle and brake cable, out. The other one poses no issue as such (Pure height riser)
Can you or someone please tell me what make, pitch (520/525 etc) and number of links the chain for the highness is? Cant seem to find this info anywhere online.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 12:49   #943
Senior - BHPian

So sorry. Bike is not with me. Hopefully somebody can provide this detail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Can you or someone please tell me what make, pitch (520/525 etc) and number of links the chain for the highness is? Cant seem to find this info anywhere online.
Old 12th May 2021, 19:32   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
This is the information given in the Owner's Manual:

Drive Chain - DID 520 VF4
No. of links - 104
NH08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 14:24   #945
BHPian

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-1620980531900.jpg

Got carbon racing mud flap and installed it on the bike. Whoever wants to fix a mud flap, so far this is the best option available in the market because this is actually made for CB350 and this is suitable for Hness CB350 only, not for for RS.

Mud flap quality is good, but to remove the layer from double sided tape was a pain, it was just not coming out smoothly. I did not remove the mudguard, did couple of trials as to how I was gonna fix it and then with tape just fixed it easily.

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-1620980531893.jpg

Carbon racing also provided screws if you want to fix it that way. It will be more sturdy for sure, but there is no way I am gonna drill my brand new bike. This will do just fine. Due to lock-down could do only grocery trips and so far everything is good. Yesterday I was riding through muddy water and mud flap is doing what it is supposed to do, there is definitely an improvement, unlike before my jeans were not covered in mud when I reached home

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-1620980531907.jpg

Cheers.
jonesanto is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks