Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2007, 22:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak View Post
...I dunno why have you fazed out Glamour, the Galmour F.I system is doing well. i can always rely on Hh spares and service. Its good....But why the disk brake? are you goint to start off stoppies now? Honda Shine disk brake is the most trusted one. I dunno about zeus and heat whether if has the diameter of Shine.
glamour and yamaha gladi are good looking bikes, didnt wanted to spoil them by adding a side box!!! (side box is a very important requirement for me)

the thought of disk break came into my mind because i shall be driving the bike at around 60 to 80 kmph constantly. but dont mind it any more.

Atlast I feel that suzuki heat is my pick. Didnt find any other vehicle which has better VFM, considering its a 125cc, good torque and a 5-speed tranny. also the side box looks good with this one.

P.S. talking about side box, i think the only other bike i can think about is super splendor or a used Avenger!!!. Met a guy who is a friend of my friend, he works for a vehicle recovery company which seizes the two wheelers of the guys who dont pay their EMI's just got to know that three weeks ago he sold of a 6 month old karizma for 51,000/-!!!, shall see if i could get a avenger less than a year and around 40k. Its going to be a bit high on my pocket on the FE side, but its an avenger!!!.....(already drooling over it)

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 19th March 2007 at 22:32.
Old 19th March 2007, 23:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
.......experience @ suzuki: (for zeus).............
another point i forgot to mention earlier, the sales guy at the suzuki showroom claims that the zeus has NGK tripple point spark plug!!!, is that true. And what about the wiring kit??
Old 29th March 2007, 21:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

As I am mainly looking for a 125cc bike. How do you guys rate yamaha enticer when compared to the above mentioned 125cc bikes. I know it is a cruiser style and also i have to buy a used, if i have to buy it. But I would like to know is it a good bike. It suits all my requirements.

As I have never driven a yamaha enticer, i would like to know the seating comfort. I am 6' 2'' tall and average built. I guess the seating will be slightly better than eliminator or avenger, because it has more height than them and also being of shorter wheel-base, it would be easier to drive in the city.

Also I would like to know about the after sales service and the availability of the parts for yamaha enticer.
Old 30th March 2007, 12:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As I have never driven a yamaha enticer, i would like to know the seating comfort. I am 6' 2'' tall and average built.
In that case I don't think it will suit you. I find it quite cramped and I am 5'11".
Old 30th March 2007, 14:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Raj, weren't you planning for Avenger?
Old 30th March 2007, 15:42   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Raj, as discussed last evening that you plan to commute daily 65km-70km so average and comfort would be the most important parameters. Hence, choose any of the good known bikes from HH stable ( like Passion Plus, Splendour + etc). It covers both these important parameters including the service parameter ( which is quite widespread and pretty decent) that you seem so concerened about.

Avenger, Enticer are cruisers and cannot meet your daily commute requirements.
Old 31st March 2007, 18:18   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Avenger, Enticer are cruisers and cannot meet your daily commute requirements.
I have not really used the cruisers much, but i always thought they are more comfortable for long drives.

May be they are a little bit of a pain in the city stop and go traffic! An enticer/avenger owner's feedback may help!
Old 31st March 2007, 19:42   #23
BHPian

I did not think the reasoning behind disk brake not required for 125CC is correct. Dude, its very essential and for people who are used to it, drums just dont do. The dealerships might be under pressure to get rid of Suzuki Heat from showrooms since they hardly sell. IMO, the best suiting bike for you would be Suzuki Zeus and Super Splendour from HH. Zeus is better for highways since it comes with 5 gears.
Old 2nd April 2007, 22:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Raj, weren't you planning for Avenger?
yes buddy, was planning for the avenger initially, but decided against it after a test drive. i found only one problem, the rear break wasnt easy for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Quote:
As I have never driven a yamaha enticer, i would like to know the seating comfort. I am 6' 2'' tall and average built.
In that case I don't think it will suit you. I find it quite cramped and I am 5'11".
you are right, it was too cramped for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvanand View Post
I did not think the reasoning behind disk brake not required for 125CC is correct. Dude, its very essential and for people who are used to it, drums just dont do. The dealerships might be under pressure to get rid of Suzuki Heat from showrooms since they hardly sell. IMO, the best suiting bike for you would be Suzuki Zeus and Super Splendour from HH. Zeus is better for highways since it comes with 5 gears.
yes, suzuki zeus is the bike, I have finally decided upon. The need for a 5th gear was much felt on a trip to ananthagiri hills(total 180kms trip) with a biker group while I was driving a ind-suzuki.(2 stroke 100cc)

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 2nd April 2007 at 22:02.
Old 14th April 2007, 15:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes, suzuki zeus is the bike, I have finally decided upon. The need for a 5th gear was much felt on a trip to ananthagiri hills(total 180kms trip) with a biker group while I was driving a ind-suzuki.(2 stroke 100cc)
funally, bought suzuki zeus on 12th. Its grey-sliver metallic dual tone limited edition version costed me 45,600/- . it comes with out electric start and alloys!!!!, whats so limited about it ... well its just the color combination. Well thats the only reason i bought it. but had to pay 2000/- extra.

went to buy the basic model for 43,500/- with drum brake, ended up buying the one with the disc brake option as well. just for the sake of the color.

there is nothing much to write about it as a great vehicle. (will upgrade further a year later to karizma) only special thing is its a limited edition. Anyways, will post a detailed review on it later in the evening.
Old 14th April 2007, 15:40   #26
BHPian

Congratulations Raj. Ride safe and enjoy your Ride.
Old 15th April 2007, 21:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

congrats and enjoy!!!

cheers

rider60

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks