Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2020, 15:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ather Energy to launch exchange program for petrol two-wheelers

Ather Energy has completed two years of operations in India. The company now plans to launch a vehicle exchange program for petrol scooter owners looking to upgrade to an electric scooter.

Ather Energy to launch exchange program for petrol two-wheelers-charge_home.jpg

In addition to the exchange program, Ather is also working on new ownership models. These are expected to be announced in the next few months.

Ather Energy entered the e-scooter segment in India with the Ather 450. At present, the scooter is available in Bangalore and Chennai. The company plans to expand its operations to Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kochi, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, and Coimbatore.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 8th June 2020 at 15:32.
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 01:51   #2
BHPian

re: Ather Energy to launch exchange program for petrol two-wheelers

This actually makes more sense then the "lease your 1.2L scooter when you don't need it to make money" idea... My god was that stupid! But this new idea will take polluting scooter off the road and add a cleaner one which is now lighter on the pocket!
Old 9th June 2020, 08:43   #3
BHPian

Ather did a brilliant job in reinventing the e-scooter idea, when everyone else was busy retrofitting Chinese kits in tubular chassis of scooters.

However they forgot one thing, you need to offer some option for existing petrol scooter owners to make the shift to electric. Offering a charging station at home alone won't help. Imagine someone having a 2 year old Activa worth 50k at least, you didn't offer any assistance to buy it off, that would help him to make the shift.

Also most married people that I have met, don't like to go through tedious changes in their routine. Selling off their reliable Activa, haggle on olx, do the name transfer, then convince wifey for electric vehicle - it's a long process, most would not want to go down this road, purely due to the time involved.

I hope they address this issue this time. It should be something like exchange petrol scooter as a down payment, pay the rest in emi and no fuel cost for over a year.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th June 2020 at 21:54. Reason: edited
Old 9th June 2020, 10:09   #4
BHPian

Nitpicking here, please excuse

This is a good offer but why is it mentioned as petrol " scooters ". Can I not exchange my bike for this ?

I have a Fz25 bought in 2017 and I regret commuting on it for a good 40 KMs a day in Chennai OMR traffic. I always had an eye on Ather, but the revised pricing ensured I let go of it.

If not an exchange for scooters alone, I will seriously consider this
Sk8r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 12:41   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

In addition to the exchange program, Ather is also working on new ownership models. These are expected to be announced in the next few months.
The ownership models are currently broken. The ask for monthly subscription after paying upfront cost of about a lakh has created a lot of controversy. Even with subscription, limiting capabilities of vehicle including decreasing range of vehicle based on money paid to Ather (despite same hardware) was not palatable. The backlash was so bad that the CEO had to go on a tour explaining things to people.

I am hoping that better wisdom prevails for new ownership models.
ohaak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 16:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Ather partners with CredR to launched 2W exchange program

Ather Energy has partnered with CredR to launch a 2-wheeler exchange program where customers can exchange any petrol 2-wheeler for an Ather electric scooter.

Ather Energy to launch exchange program for petrol two-wheelers-ather-450.jpg

Customers will be required to bring in their old petrol 2-wheeler for a physical inspection to their nearest Ather Space dealership. After the inspection, an instant price quote will be generated. CredR will then verify the documents and the health of the petrol 2-wheeler. The exchange price will be adjusted against the final cost of the new Ather electric scooter.

At present, Ather's 2-wheeler exchange program is only available in Bangalore and Chennai. However, the company plans to launch it in other parts of India in the coming months.

Ather Energy offers a private lease program for the 450 e-scooter with a payment plan of Rs. 2,589 per month. The Ather One ownership program covers day-to-day expenses, doorstep service and spare parts.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks