Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2020, 12:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki Intruder 250 patent images leaked

Patent images of what is believed to be the Suzuki Intruder 250 have leaked online.

Suzuki Intruder 250 patent images leaked-9ecbcc23.jpg

The images suggest that the Intruder 250 might look similar to the 155cc version with styling inspired by the larger Intruder M1800R. The bike has raised handle bars and fairings on the sides. It has alloy wheels with Y-shaped spokes and a twin-can exhaust.

Suzuki Intruder 250 patent images leaked-5a9675dd.jpg

The Intruder 250 is rumoured to be powered by the 249cc, single-cylinder engine that is available in the Gixxer 250. This engine produces 26 BHP @ 9,300 rpm and 22.2 Nm @ 7,300 rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.

Suzuki Intruder 250 patent images leaked-f7b0a66e.jpg

If launched in India, the Suzuki Intruder 250 could compete with the Bajaj Avenger 220.

Suzuki Intruder 250 patent images leaked-15cb85a6.jpg

Source

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 12:29   #2
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Intruder 250 patent images leaked

The reason that no one bought this is the hideous looks with those large ungainly plastic fairings!! Giving a new engine will not help the cause but will destroy the sales further as now the same looks will cost more to buy
Nikhildrao is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 13:01   #3
BHPian

Oh God. Not this again.
sainyamk95 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 13:08   #4
BHPian

Fairings killed this model and they seem to haven't changed it at all. It looks like an artwork of overwhelmes brush strokes that forgot to address the puny tyres.

Imagine an animal with a body of a Lion and legs of a Dog. Building strong, Basement weak.
Thermodynamics is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 13:16   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhildrao View Post
The reason that no one bought this is the hideous looks with those large ungainly plastic fairings!! Giving a new engine will not help the cause but will destroy the sales further as now the same looks will cost more to buy
The hideous looks in my opinion are due to the very unproportionate wheels compared to the rest of the body, it really looks like those funny memes about bodybuilders with those chicken legs, if they had reduced the fairing size or increased the tyre size along with frame, this same design could work wonders.
Rocketscience is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 13:59   #6
KPR
BANNED

Whether it's an Ox or Bull does it even matter ? Even the rider will forget the name of the vehicle. With Intruder 155 Suzuki has successfully launched failure models like Hayate, Slingshot (and it's O slingshot-u advertisement), Heat, Zeus. But I really appreciate their Gixxer, MotoGP SF (out of world beauty) and the Bergman.
Old 8th June 2020, 23:49   #7
BHPian

This is the Gixxer 250 in Intruder clothing. The gixxer and SF have 150 rear tyre so that would resolve the disproportionate looks.

I think this is a good idea though I am not sure how they will lure the RE Classic/Himalayan crowd.

The Gixxer retails at 1.9 - 2L, so this would be in that territory. That's good money and you get the Himalayan with slightly more.

The Intruder 250 will need to have a distinct colour scheme, as compared with 150, to look premium. Also some more features wouldn't hurt.

If they go by the same token that they have for the Gixxer and SF, where the 250 models sport the same theme, just in matt finish, it would be a disaster.
- Slick
Slick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 00:13   #8
BHPian

Ugly looking - definitely no doubt about that.
Good seller - This may actually bring in more sales than Intruder 155, let's take a look at why I am saying this.

Recently I have started scouting for a bike with following properties -

1. Good for touring with pillion (proper comfort is a must)
2. Relaxed seating posture for long hours on the saddle.
3. I don't want a 100+ dasher but a 80-90 cruiser.
4. Reliable.

My first pick was CBR250R but it has now been discontinued, now considering all of the above criteria I am currently inclined towards Thunderbird which is a 10+ years old due for a refresh sooner than later and has it's known reliability issues. I have scouted all the major automobile manufacturers and fro Suzuki stable only Intruder looked anywhere relevant to me to the point that I may ignore it's looks but that engine ? 155 cc simply isn't enough. Give it something in range of 300+ cc and little better proportions. If that is not possible still 250cc is better than 155 for this kind of bike. Will I consider it ? Suzuki's are reliable so it could be a contender. Will I buy it ? If everyone involved can get over it's looks then maybe.

Also even if the front looks are manageable still Suzuki should try and do something about that tail, make it less curvy and this bike will look a totally different product
Old 9th June 2020, 01:41   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
The hideous looks in my opinion are due to the very unproportionate wheels compared to the rest of the body, it really looks like those funny memes about bodybuilders with those chicken legs, if they had reduced the fairing size or increased the tyre size along with frame, this same design could work wonders.
I humbly disagree... I have seen these on road and they are believe me, even uglier in real life. Suzuki not only launched a failed product but also besmirched the name of the M1800 intruder in the process !!
Nikhildrao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 02:44   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhildrao View Post
I humbly disagree... I have seen these on road and they are believe me, even uglier in real life. Suzuki not only launched a failed product but also besmirched the name of the M1800 intruder in the process !!
I would be surprised if any of that plastic had some purpose, other than making it look ugly. Wind buffeting, quieter ride, anything. Not sure what is going on with the Suzuki India designers. Take another look at Burgman 125, and wow, Holy moly guacamole! They put gigantic plastic cladding on a tiny scooter with tinier wheels, it looks totally out of whack. If all the plastic has lot of storage, and you pack a dozen tender coconuts in it, you may be in for a surprise spill
GutsyGibbon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 07:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

They would do much better if they would just launch the TUV250. I don't understand why companies don't get this gaping product opportunity - when have we said no to family-friendly traditional style of motorcycle when combined with a performance-oriented engine? From Yezdi to Bullets to RX to Shogun to KB to Classic... this space has always done well, but with mysteriously few offerings. Beats me why the otherwise-smart players like Bajaj and TVS don't fill this space?
rajushank84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 08:40   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Non-motorcycle folk (like me) who are wondering what the fuss is all about, here is a press image of the Intruder

Suzuki Intruder 250 patent images leaked-download.jpg
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 11:46   #13
BHPian

Apart from the design, isn't the Intruder known for its comfort / ride when compared with the Avenger? If it is, that could work in favor of the new 250.
Old 9th June 2020, 12:44   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguar View Post
Apart from the design, isn't the Intruder known for its comfort / ride when compared with the Avenger? If it is, that could work in favor of the new 250.
I have taken a test ride of Intruder 150, and yes it is a comfortable bike to ride, the ergonomics are sorted out. When I was in the market for a bike, I was waiting for this 250 variant to be launched before picking up a preowned CBR 250R. Once you start to ignore the looks, which is really hard part, it is a nice motorcycle underneath.

And back in 2017 when the Intruder 150 was launched, did few renderings with my little PS knowledge, by removing few plastic bits and also included a NS200 radiator up front integrating it with the plastic bits and even rendered one with Inazuma's engine.

Suzuki Intruder 250 patent images leaked-235995d1510311504suzukiintruder150launchedinr98340exshowroomdelhigreyangle1amitmin1.jpg

Suzuki Intruder 250 patent images leaked-235996d1510311640suzukiintruder150launchedinr98340exshowroomdelhigreyangle1amitmin250.jpg

No matter how much plastic you remove, it's still an ugly duckling.

Last edited by tchsvy : 9th June 2020 at 12:58.
tchsvy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 10:42   #15
BHPian

Sigh! .
Wish Suzuki does the market research and gets customers' feedback before going to the production of this intruder 250. The engine is a Gem but looks are unacceptable (my personal opinion).

Suzuki can take Avenger as a proto. The intruder would definitely look hot with low height and fatter tires.
ash22 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks