Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2020, 12:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hero MotoCorp sells 10,000 units in 3-days post lockdown

Hero MotoCorp has resumed retail operations after the government eased Covid-19 lockdown restrictions. The company claims to have sold 10,000 units in 3 days since sales resumed.

Hero MotoCorp sells 10,000 units in 3-days post lockdown-hero.jpg

According to the company, 1,500 retail outlets, dealerships and service centres are now operational. These contribute to around 30% of its total domestic retail sales.

The bikemaker hasn't clarified whether these 10,000 units were booked in the last one week or if they were booked before the countrywide lockdown began and delivered after dealerships resumed operations.

Hero MotoCorp's manufacturing facilities were shut down since March 22, 2020. The company commenced vehicle dispatches from May 7.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 13:17   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hero MotoCorp sells 10,000 units in 3-days post lockdown

This news seems to have provided a boost to the auto shares today.

Not only is Hero Motocorp up by 7% as I write this, but others like Maruti, TATA Motors are all significantly up as well. Looks like the market has treated this as a confidence booster that auto sales will resume post the lockdown.

That said - the 10,000 units figure is not really very significant in comparison. Back in April 2019, Hero Motocorp sold 5.67 lakh vehicles in a month. Which means, the sales for the last 3 days is just around 15% of what they would have sold, if not for Corona and lockdown.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 00:35   #3
BHPian

Re: Hero MotoCorp sells 10,000 units in 3-days post lockdown

I had a quick visit to Bimal Hero in Sadashivanagar, Bangalore just when the lockdown was given some relief. I wanted to inquire on X-Pulse 200 and Glamour. I saw almost all the Bikes and Scooters from Hero Motors that were arrived in BS6 except X-Pulse and Glamour.

The bookings are open and people booked the bikes. My head turner was Passion Pro in yellow colour which looked gorgeous. I had a chance to sit on Passion Pro and HF Deluxe. Both are well designed in terms of seating aspects. However, that day, the bike I liked is Passion Pro as a smaller bike.

I was able to shoot a small video on it as well. Here is the link.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks