Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2020, 16:07   #1
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked

More images of the Royal Enfield Meteor have leaked online. The images suggest that the bike could be called Meteor 350 Fireball.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-re-meteor3.jpg

These appear to be screenshots from the official online configurator. One of the images shows the price tag of Rs. 1,68,550, which could include some accessories.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-re-meteor2.jpg

The Meteor has a circular headlamp with an LED daytime running light ring around it, a twin-pod instrument cluster, stepped seat and circular tail lamp. Like the Thunderbird X, the Meteor could be offered in bright colour options including yellow and red. The alloy wheels also get pinstripes that match the colour of the fuel tank. A tinted flyscreen worth Rs. 1,750 is likely to be offered as an optional accessory.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-re-meteor1.jpg

The Meteor is believed to be based on the J-platform. It could get a new engine with a capacity of 346-499cc. It has telescopic fork suspension at the front and twin shock absorbers at the rear. The bike has disc brakes at both ends.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-re-meteor.jpeg

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 27th April 2020 at 09:55.
TusharK is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 25th April 2020, 17:47   #2
BHPian

Re: Updated Royal Enfield Classic & Thunderbird spied

Will reserve judgment till i see it in person, but i wish the frame did not stand out as much around the tank/ handle bar area. I really hope this is a step up in terms of component quality and life. With the coronavirus impact, enfield simply cannot afford to lose customers by offering the same level of quality they have got away with so far.
philipmathen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2020, 02:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Updated Royal Enfield Classic & Thunderbird spied

I'm glad they didn't change the design too much from the Thunderbird. I'm waiting more for the Bullet than the Meteor, but one thing I get from the leaked pics is that they didn't mess with the riding posture very much. That is one thing the older REs have spot-on, which honestly I find missing even on the Interceptor: the riding posture was spot-on!

I am hoping we get to see more showroom-ready all-black leaks soon. The yellow is nice in a way, I get the vibe it tries to make and I guess that even works, but it is not my thing. I hope we get to see all-black, maybe even all-red (not hurt-my-eyes red but a bit deeper) and some classy dual-tones.

The Meteor is somewhat reminiscent of the Rebel, the Bolt and even to some extent the Sportster. I hope RE takes this design language further and do a cruiser with the 650 engine in it, sort of a souped-up Meteor. It would be India's first decent-sized cruiser.

Last edited by rajushank84 : 26th April 2020 at 02:33.
rajushank84 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 09:58   #4
Team-BHP Support

re: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 13:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

Million dollar question is on the quality. Will it be like the twins (done right the first time) or experiment like Himalayan?

Looks and design wise this looks similar to thunderbird 350x, so really hoping that the focus is on engine and chasis to ensure refinement and vibration are under control.
Old 27th May 2020, 09:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 to be launched in June 2020

According to a media report, the Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is likely to be launched by the end of June 2020.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-meteor.jpg

The Meteor 350 is believed to be based on the new J1D platform. It uses a double cradle frame and is powered by a new 350cc engine.

Leaked images suggest that the Meteor 350 could get a circular headlamp and a twin-pod instrument cluster. Like the Thunderbird X, the Meteor could be offered in bright colour options including yellow and red. The alloy wheels also get pinstripes that match the colour of the fuel tank.

The Meteor 350 features telescopic fork suspension at the front and twin shock absorbers at the rear. It is also likely to get disc brakes at the front and rear.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 27th May 2020 at 10:02.
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 12:54   #7
BHPian

This looks like a cartoon . The original meteor looks so classy . Wish they launch the constellation with the same old look and the twin engine.
Frankenstein is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 15:54   #8
BHPian

Am I missing something here? How is this different from the Thunderbird X?
Have they just renamed the bike?
timuseravan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 16:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 launch in September 2020

According to a media report, Royal Enfield could launch the Meteor 350 in September 2020.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-re-meteor3.jpg

The Meteor 350 is a replacement for the Thunderbird 350. Earlier, the bike was rumoured to launch in June this year, but has been delayed due to the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Meteor is based on a new J1D platform featuring a double-cradle frame. Spy images suggest that the bike will get a circular headlamp with an LED daytime running light ring around it, a twin-pod instrument cluster, stepped seat and circular tail lamp. It could be offered in bright colour options including yellow and red.

The Meteor will be powered by a new 350cc, single-cylinder engine with an overhead cam instead of a pushrod setup. The bike has telescopic fork suspension at the front with twin shock absorbers at the rear and has disc brakes at both ends. It is likely to get dual-channel ABS as well.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 21st August 2020 at 16:40.
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 19:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 digital display leaked with turn by turn navigation feature.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-20200824_193252.jpg

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-20200824_193256.jpg

Source : MotorBeam
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 21:51   #11
BHPian

Too quick to judge or say anything, but at first glance, it really does feel and look like an afterthought.
shyamg28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 00:41   #12
BHPian

What else does that console on the right do apart from turn-by-turn Navigation? Looks Nifty - i like it. But I hope it has some other features too like a Fuel Gauge for example. It will be much more useful than the Turn-By-Turn Navigation for City Riders. I remember my Electra 350 which made me great at mental mathematics; Give me any three or four digit number and I could add 275 (the range of the tank) to it in less than 3 seconds.
rahul4321 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 03:50   #13
BHPian

Royal Enfield has definietly grown up leaps and bounds when they discarded everything they knew about their motorcycles and came up with the Himalayan, which like another other RE had lots of issues which were mostly sorted out with the 2nd gen Himalayans.

Then came the twins that were beyond anything RE could have done if they had not learnt from their Himalayan experience and its good to see that the twins are doing pretty good across markets around the world. Heck, even I might consider getting the Interceptor at some stage.

Now this Meteor is another thing RE is famous for - Old wine in a New bottle. The T'bird that has had some major mod work is what this looks like. Wonder if this inspiration is from a customers modded bike that they saw at one of the serviced centers?

Does not look like they have done any work to the engine really, it looks like the UCE alright, maybe with new crankcase covers on each side.

But you never know, RE may or maynot surprise us all when they have the media event!
intoxicangel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 10:29   #14
BHPian

The Meteor has had the equivalent of a heart, liver and lungs transplant. It's not at all like the UCE.

Fingers crossed in terms of the power output and torque figures of the J1D.

The chassis and handling is in any case much improved even in the Thunderbird X compared to the earlier models.
Skidrow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 17:24   #15
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 variant details leaked!

New details of the upcoming Royal Enfield Meteor 350 have surfaced online. According to a leaked copy of the bike's brochure, it will be available in three variants - Fireball, Stellar and Supernova. The bike is rumoured to be launched in September 2020.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-royalenfieldmeteor350variantscoloursleak4.jpg

Royal Enfield Meteor variants:

Fireball:
This variant gets blacked-out components, single colour tank with graphics, black engine with machined fins and coloured rim tape.

Stellar:
This variant gets body coloured components, badges, a chrome exhaust, chrome handlebar and chrome EFI cover. It also comes with a back rest.

Supernova:
This variant comes in a dual-tone colour with machined wheels. It also gets premium seat finishes, windscreen and chrome indicators.

All three variants get a feature called 'Tripper Navigation', which is likely to be turn-by-turn navigation.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-royalenfieldmeteor350variantscoloursleak1.jpg

The Meteor 350 will be available in seven colour options - Fireball Yellow, Fireball Red, Stellar Red metallic, Stellar Black matte, Stellar Blue metallic, Supernova Brown dual-tone and Supernova Blue dual-tone.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-royalenfieldmeteor350colours3.jpg

The Meteor 350 is based on a new J1D platform and is powered by a new 350cc, air-cooled engine with an overhead cam instead of a pushrod setup.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-royalenfieldmeteor350colours4.jpg

The bike also comes with a new twin-pod instrument cluster. It has a digital readout that displays the fuel gauge, clock and odometer. It also has a service reminder, ECO mode indicator and gear indicator. It also comes with Bluetooth connectivity.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-royalenfieldmeteor350colours6.jpg

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-royalenfieldmeteor350colours9.jpg

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-royalenfieldmeteor350colours10.jpg

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-royalenfieldmeteor350colours12.jpg

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-royalenfieldmeteor350colours14.jpg

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 25th August 2020 at 17:28.
TusharK is offline   (28) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks