Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2021, 12:31   #346
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinniedPo View Post
When you say the 650 Cruiser, are you talking about the new one that has recently been spotted on road? Is there any news about when it is being planned to release though?
Hi,
If you don't have a mobility crisis and can wait hold out for a while as there is lots of probability of a RE cruiser based on interceptor engine is likely to be launched in the 3rd to 4th quarter and the price should be around 3.5 to 4L. Take this info with a pinch of salt as it is not confirmed but highly probable. Cheers.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 02:36   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi,
If you don't have a mobility crisis and can wait hold out for a while as there is lots of probability of a RE cruiser based on interceptor engine is likely to be launched in the 3rd to 4th quarter and the price should be around 3.5 to 4L. Take this info with a pinch of salt as it is not confirmed but highly probable. Cheers.
+1 to this.
I will have a mobility need soon, am thinking about getting a used scooter while I wait for both the 650 cruiser and the all-new Bullet to be out.

But I won't buy the cruiser at 4 lakhs on-road, simply because lightly used Vulcans and even some Triumphs can be had around that range. 3.5L yes.

Another option I am thinking about is: splitting the budget and doing a Meteor + a used Duke. Twice the range of experiences.
rajushank84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 09:27   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
+1 to this.
I will have a mobility need soon, am thinking about getting a used scooter
I won't buy the cruiser at 4 lakhs on-road, simply because lightly used Vulcans and even some Triumphs can be had around that range. 3.5L yes.
Another option I am thinking about is: splitting the budget and doing a Meteor + a used Duke. Twice the range of experiences.
Hi,
I am in the same boat. Have booked the CB350 but hesitating as it would be insufficient for highway trips which would entail me to buy a 2nd bike eventually.

Regarding Vulcan, yes it's available in Chennai at a very good price point but it's definitely not ideal for me with such poor ground clearance and moving in traffic. Plus expensive to maintain based on feedback from another person who owns it. Do test ride it before you take a call.

Splitting the option between duke and meteor is something I considered but duke is not for my riding style. It's high revving engine and poor torque at low rpm and need to constantly revv the engine is not my riding style. Do test ride duke before you take a call. If you do, consider pre owned dukes as there are a lot in the market with mouth watering prices. I test rode a 2017 duke 390 which is very well maintained for a price of 1.5L, negotiable. Good luck. Cheers.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 15:08   #349
BHPian

Hey guys. I went for the test ride today and I tried out both the Meteor and the Classic 350. The Meteor was extremely comfortable to ride, but as per the previous discussions in this thread, the pillion comfort wasn't the best.

But, I feel if I could have a slightly longer pillion seat, or a backrest with is situated a little further behind than the stock one, that would make the seat a lot more comfortable. Are aftermarket accessories available for the Meteor yet, especially in Chennai?
WinniedPo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 15:17   #350
BHPian

Quote:
But, I feel if I could have a slightly longer pillion seat, or a backrest with is situated a little further behind than the stock one, that would make the seat a lot more comfortable. Are aftermarket accessories available for the Meteor yet, especially in Chennai?
Hi,
The best part of RE is it can be modified to the needs of the one who rides the bike. I am sure the seat can be modded to your taste. But I am surprised the pillion comfort is inadequate, I did not notice it.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 15:32   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
The best part of RE is it can be modified to the needs of the one who rides the bike. I am sure the seat can be modded to your taste.
Thanks for the reply. Do you know any shop in Chennai where I can check? Maybe I can even go to the place directly and check it out?
Old 9th January 2021, 23:08   #352
BHPian

Quote:

I enquired today at few RE specific accessories shop in my area, and called up few of them in Pudupet, so far only engine crash guard and tank cover are available. Regarding other essential accessories, I'm sure in a month or two, most of them should be out in the market. I'm seeing the below backrest and lugguage mount in Amazon, but not sure how it'll fare.

https://www.amazon.in/Accessories-Lu...213050&sr=8-17

Regarding seat modifications, I'm sure, over time, there will options in the after market to solve almost all the shortcomings of Meteor.

OT: Since you're scouting bikes, did you try the Himalayan? Given your body type and requirements, I'm sure you won't have any comfort related problems on the Himme.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 09:49   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
I enquired today at few RE specific accessories shop in my area, and called up few of them in Pudupet, so far only engine crash guard and tank cover are available. Regarding other essential accessories, I'm sure in a month or two, most of them should be out in the market. I'm seeing the below backrest and lugguage mount in Amazon, but not sure how it'll fare.

https://www.amazon.in/Accessories-Lu...213050&sr=8-17

Regarding seat modifications, I'm sure, over time, there will options in the after market to solve almost all the shortcomings of Meteor.

OT: Since you're scouting bikes, did you try the Himalayan? Given your body type and requirements, I'm sure you won't have any comfort related problems on the Himme.

Cheers!
That's really helpful, thanks. There's this shop for RE accessories in Porur I found in the Team BHP directory. I'll check there too.

Unfortunately, they didn't have the Himalayan for test ride when I had gone to the showroom. I'll have to go again some other day to try it out.

But, so far, I'm personally really liking the Meteor. Sitting on it and riding it, it just felt right.
Old 10th January 2021, 10:21   #354
BHPian

Deleted - as I have posted twice

Last edited by Vikashmalya : 10th January 2021 at 10:41. Reason: Posted twice
Old 10th January 2021, 10:34   #355
BHPian

I visited my dealer to inquire on status of my Meteor delivery that I booked in November. I was told that not many deliveries have been done so far and the deliveries will pick pace after Pongal (after 15 Jan). He also said that for bookings made in November, we can expect the delivery to happen end of this month or early next month. The expected delivery date provided to me at the time of booking is on 26 February. I guess the deliveries are going to take time and we can safely expect that it will happen as per the expected delivery provided at the time of booking.
Old 10th January 2021, 22:02   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Do you know any shop in Chennai where I can check? Maybe I can even go to the place directly and check it out?
Hi,
Made some enquiries regarding your query. Ready made pillion seats for Meteor are not available as of now. But a new seat can be designed with appropriate back rest and fit in the slot by several people in pudupet, Chennai. I will try to get in touch with one known person who did stuff such as these this week and let you know. If I get a concrete response Will PM you the details. Fair warning it won't be cheap and prices may not be negotiable.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 22:10   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Made some enquiries regarding your query. Ready made pillion seats for Meteor are not available as of now. But a new seat can be designed with appropriate back rest and fit in the slot by several people in pudupet, Chennai. I will try to get in touch with one known person who did stuff such as these this week and let you know. If I get a concrete response Will PM you the details. Fair warning it won't be cheap and prices may not be negotiable.
Thank you. I really appreciate that. Even I made some enquires from my end, and got the same responses.

Anyway, now that I know it's possible to have the seat adjusted, that's more than sufficient for me. I'm not in a rush, since once I book the bike, I've been told the waiting period will be about 3-4 months. So please take your time.

Or, if it's preferable, I'll ping you once I get my bike.
Old 12th January 2021, 17:23   #358
BHPian

People who've purchased the Meteor, did you opt for the Annual Maintenance Contract?

1. Is the platinum one worth it, or is the gold or silver level sufficient?

2. If you did pick the platinum, did you opt for pickup and drop?
Old 12th January 2021, 19:40   #359
BHPian

Quote:
People who've purchased the Meteor, did you opt for the Annual Maintenance Contract?

I did not opt for Annual maintenance contract. I only picked extended warranty for 4th and 5th year and roadside assistance for 2nd and 3rd year. Since we can opt in before the 1st service / 500kms, I guess there is still more time to decide.
Vikashmalya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 23:49   #360
BHPian

Quote:

I did not opt for the AMC. In fact, I wasn't aware regarding AMC as I wasn't asked to opt by either RE or dealer. I've opted only for the extended warranty, and I believe RSA is also covered in the extended warranty.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks