Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2021, 09:02   #331
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
These are not the figures for the Classic 350 but instead the figures for the Meteor 350. Attaching the figures for the Classic 350.
Thank you for the correction, looks like I have over looked into the question as this post is about Meteor in the first place
Old 6th January 2021, 13:43   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
I had booked supernova custom in New Delhi Tilak Nagar lamba enterprise. Booking date was 30 nov and tentative date of delivery mentioned as 28-feb-21

Despite initial discussion that custom bike most likely will be delivered early (around in a month ) .. there is no clue of bike will be delivered in Jan month ?

This is quite strange. We booked two Meteors on the 29th of December and were also told maximum 4 weeks time to which we said Last week of Jan or first week of Feb and the said yes. But their system showed 28th March delivery. Aside from the fact that the saleswoman had no technical or basic gyan also she was confident that the wait would be max 1 month. This was the nearest showroom but if this is how the experience is we will definitely cancel the booking and buy from elsewhere.
Karan_n8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 14:40   #333
BHPian

Does anyone have the PDI checklist for Meteor? If yes, can you pls share.
I tried downloading the owner’s manual but dint find the checklist there.
Old 6th January 2021, 14:58   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikashmalya View Post
Does anyone have the PDI checklist for Meteor? If yes, can you pls share.
I tried downloading the owner’s manual but dint find the checklist there.
You can refer this (Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin)

Decode the VIN as per Meteor's OM for Manufactured month & year. Skip the under the seat part! May be you can prepare a checklist specific to Meteor but this is generic PDI.

/surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 21:31   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan_n8 View Post
. This was the nearest showroom but if this is how the experience is we will definitely cancel the booking and buy from elsewhere.
This is exactly my case! I booked on 01 Dec with expected date mentioned as 01 Mar, but SA (company showroom) told me that it will be delivered in max 45 days..Now he is saying he does not have any clue. I spoke to stores manager and he said he'll push my order ( not sure how) and get it ASAP. I'm not optimistic about it, but can't cancel order as mine is a customised one. Anyways Ill wait till Feb 1st week Post which I'll go and get some other bike ( CB350 or Adventure 250, I'm yet to decide)
Old 6th January 2021, 22:36   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheStorm View Post
SA (company showroom) told me that it will be delivered in max 45 days..Now he is saying he does not have any clue. I spoke to stores manager and he said he'll push my order ( not sure how) and get it ASAP.
I had a discussion with my SA when I got an early call from him that vehicle is available. He clearly told me that vehicles are indeed taking time, but in my case, I got it early because of no customisation and someone ahead in the queue for Stellar Red preferring to take a 2021 model. So if your order has customisation then you have to wait for your specific vehicle.

Also according to him, the 72 hr is the time factory will take to accommodate the customisations like seats, silencer, name on fuel tank etc., which is after the time taken for regular production.
Old 7th January 2021, 12:39   #337
BHPian

I called RE support with 2 queries:

1. Can I switch to another vehicle like Himalayan or interceptor ? Since dyno test recently published very bad figures of torque for meteor at just 16 nm and almost equally horse power. This is not good as compare to even classic 350 when it comes to torque figure.

They responded it’s not possible and do a new booking and current amount is non refundable. My argument was if bike is still not dispatched or fitted with custom part then what is the issue is changing vehicle but they are not able to justify the stand.

NEED SUGGESTION: What consumer right says ? Can this be challenged for refund or changing to other bike ?

2. Another ask from me to change dealership since lamba enterprise not helping in sorting any query and simply asking to contact RE support whereas RE says to contact dealer.

Even to this RE support said it’s not possible as you have selected dealership during online booking but again argument is if today their dealer changing narrative and showing arrogance even in listening then imagine their behaviour during delivery or service hence it’s a buyer right if he wish to change dealer.
Old 7th January 2021, 12:52   #338
BANNED

Quote:
Can I switch to another vehicle like Himalayan or interceptor? Since the dyno test recently published very bad figures of torque for meteor at just 16 nm and almost equally horsepower. This is not good as compare to even classic 350 when it comes to torque figure
I am not pointing any fingers towards the dyno test and what figures were achieved compared to the quoted ones but all I can say is, if you do like the bike, ask the SA to get you one and go on an extended TD with it. Experience the bike as you would post-purchase and see how it rides and if those figures are telling you something in terms of real-world rideability or not.

Even then if the bike doesn't make you happy anymore and those figures of dyno are hitting your head, cancel the booking after escalation. Contact them on FB, Twitter, their website etc.

Last edited by a4anurag : 7th January 2021 at 12:55.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 13:11   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I called RE support with 2 queries:

1. Can I switch to another vehicle like Himalayan or interceptor ? Since dyno test recently published very bad figures of torque for meteor at just 16 nm and almost equally horse power. This is not good as compare to even classic 350 when it comes to torque figure.

They responded it’s not possible and do a new booking and current amount is non refundable. My argument was if bike is still not dispatched or fitted with custom part then what is the issue is changing vehicle but they are not able to justify the stand.

NEED SUGGESTION: What consumer right says ? Can this be challenged for refund or changing to other bike ?

2. Another ask from me to change dealership since lamba enterprise not helping in sorting any query and simply asking to contact RE support whereas RE says to contact dealer.

Even to this RE support said it’s not possible as you have selected dealership during online booking but again argument is if today their dealer changing narrative and showing arrogance even in listening then imagine their behaviour during delivery or service hence it’s a buyer right if he wish to change dealer.
thunder, first of all, please do not blindly go by the dyno figures that you see for any one bike. There are only a handful of dynos in our country and some are known to be extremely optimistic while others are known to reduce the readings by a fair bit. Also, if you are comparing dyno figures in India, be sure to check if both bikes were run on the same dyno is similar conditions. If they are different dynos, then the correction factor applied (or not applied as is often the case) and other variables will lead to different results.

To give a rough analogy, it is like comparing your child's mid term exam scores with that of your neighbour's kid's scores, though both kids study in different schools and the marks were allocated by different teachers.

As a4anurag rightly suggested, take a long test ride and see if you are happy with the bike as compared to the Classic 350. That is all that matters, after all it is your hard earned money.

Now, onto the other point, when booking through the online process, it is very clearly laid out that the booking amount is non refundable as there is customization involved and they are making that bike only for you. I have visited RE stores here and they have explained the same to me in clear terms. I am not sure if your dealer did not inform you about this, nonetheless, opting for the online booking process does mean that your booking amount is non refundable.

Also when you book online, the dealer is only responsible for facilitating the delivery and handover of the bike. The booking is with the company, so Im not sure if changing the dealer will actually improve your situation.

All said, do write to the company customer care email ID and ask for clarity on this. RE is known to reduce production in December and then get back to full capacity from January onwards. If you are happy with the bike, dont get worked up by these dyno results and other pieces of information on the internet. Stick to your booking and take delivery when it is ready.

If you feel the Himalayan or Interceptor is a better option for you, discuss with the customer care team and find a solution to switch your booking.

If I remember correctly, you might be able to switch your booking to another RE bike, but then you go to the back of the line as it will be treated as a fresh booking. That is what I vaguely remember being told, Im not a 100% sure on this at all.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 20:52   #340
BHPian

I had previously asked about the pillion seat comfort on this thread. I'm going for a test ride with my wife on Saturday, so I'll post an post once I'm done.

I'm planning on trying both the Meteor and the Classic. My question is, and I know RE has many new bikes lined up for release, is it worth waiting for the Classic with the new frame and engine?

Time is not an issue for me.. I just don't want to compromise on comfort while riding, within city/long rides. People who've owned or ridden the Thunderbird and Classic, could you provide some feedback regarding the same?

At the end I am going to try them both out, but I just want people's opinions from long term ownership.
Old 7th January 2021, 22:14   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinniedPo View Post

I'm planning on trying both the Meteor and the Classic. My question is, and I know RE has many new bikes lined up for release, is it worth waiting for the Classic with the new frame and engine?

Time is not an issue for me.. I just don't want to compromise on comfort while riding, within city/long rides.
One word: YES

I suggest you TD the Classic first, then hop on the Meteor, for then you'll appreciate the new engine, and get an idea on how the new engine on the Classic would be like. IMHO, The new engine on the Classic alone is worth waiting for. Though I haven't owned any previous 350s from RE, I've ridden one for a brief 100Km, and after that at that ride I made a promise not to hop on to the 350s for a longer duration. My arms and back strained a lot because of vibrations, and the mirrors were not use-able post 80 kmph. After TD, you could also rent a Classic and go for a long'ish ride to get an idea.

On one hand we have a tried and tested engine with some downsides, on the other hand we have an engine that has improved a lot but whose reliability is yet to be seen. I was in the same boat few months back, and took a gamble on the new engine as I couldn't bear the shortcomings of the old engine.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 22:25   #342
BHPian

Quote:
I had previously asked about the pillion seat comfort [/b]. People who've owned or ridden the Thunderbird and Classic, could you provide some feedback regarding the same?
Hi,
I have owned both TB and classic and have driven both. TB is lot more comfortable right of the factory compared to the classic which needs tweaks. I changed my seats and handle bar in the classic and the response improved a lot. But then there are people riding it stock. The fella who bought my bike is still riding it stock though he has the seat.
IMHO, wait for the new launch as the engine they have in meteor is going to be in the upcoming classics and its worth it. Cheers.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 02:12   #343
BHPian

Thanks for the replies GandalfTheGrey and drrajasaravanan.

As far as the seats and other things go, I'm sure RE is going to provide the configurator like they do for the Meteor and other bikes now.
Old 8th January 2021, 09:54   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Meteor and the Classic belong to a different genre, hence wont be a fair comparison. Meteor is made for long distance riding hence would anyday be comfortable for long riding. I had a classic 500 before and now own a himalayan, the former was never made for comfort (in its stock form) and had to make couple of mods to make it "Ridable" with a pillion. If comfort is your priority then nothing will beat the Meteor, for city rides, classic will be a good option.
PS- Since time is not a constraint, will advise for the 650 cruiser if budget permits.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 8th January 2021 at 09:55.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 10:10   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
PS- Since time is not a constraint, will advise for the 650 cruiser if budget permits.
When you say the 650 Cruiser, are you talking about the new one that has recently been spotted on road? Is there any news about when it is being planned to release though?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks