Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2020, 12:45   #226
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
Congratulations for your booking. The meteor is definitely an un-RE compared to most previous REs
Thank you! Oh yeah, indeed the meteor is nothing like the REs I've ridden before, barring the 650s of course.!

Quote:
Remember only the bike has changed and not the sales people in most showrooms. So a certain level of sugar coating is done regardless of the manufacturer or the product.

Just my two cents. Don't let the sales person make you go away from a very good product.
I was nervous as it's my first RE, and the reputation of the brand only made the matters worse. Thank you for your words, helped put things back into perspective again!

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 13:05   #227
Senior - BHPian

My only issue with the Meteor / Thunderbird / Lightining : IT'S NOT A CRUISER
Old 19th November 2020, 14:01   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
I was nervous as it's my first RE, and the reputation of the brand only made the matters worse. Thank you for your words, helped put things back into perspective again!
You're in Chennai, stick to the Company run SVC. Buying now has just become a formality and showrooms are just POS (point of sale).

Stick to the service manual for routine service and do the maintenance and check ups yourself by referring RE videos from their YouTube channel (time killer)
- Chain clean and lube
- Clutch play adjust
- Maintain air pressure

These basics only you need to do, trust me! Rest all are needed for trouble shooting and hardly you can fix anything other than tightening a nut or two.

I was talking to a RE mechanic and post BS-VI all bikes have an ECU, hook it up to the RE Scanner tool, diagnose and replace. They said their job is easier now. A Classic 350 BSVI had come with ABS light ON. They replaced the rear ABS sensor under warranty on found faulty.The quality of such parts is still questionable. This OEM scanner tool (RE-Bosch) is still not available with third party garages.

One thing I'm skeptical about the new REs is being stranded for these new gizmo failures. That is where RSA comes in the picture which has its own time constraints. The thing with old REs was that it would never be that worse that you can't fix it and return home (even some/always jugaad would work)

Second most important part of ownership is cleaning the bike on your own, polish it, observe it closely and you will find minor things that need attention like a loose harness-band, slight loose breather/drain pipes (recalling my BSIII Classic 350 days).

Keep it clean and keep the moving parts lubricated, it's that simple!

Congratulations
/surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 14:36   #229
BHPian

Finally booked Meteor 350 Stellar Blue with some customization
- Approx delivery date 01 March 2021
- On road price : 2.20 Lakhs
- Parts/Accessories added
1. Touring seat 2. Straight cut muffler 3. Deluxe foot pegs for pillion 4. Crash guard 5. Extended warranty for 4th & 5th year + RSA 6. Custom tank plaque!
Cant wait to take the delivery and hit the highway
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-meteor.jpg  

Last edited by IntoTheStorm : 1st December 2020 at 14:52.
IntoTheStorm is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 14:47   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheStorm View Post
- Approx delivery date 01 March 2020
- On road price : 2.20 Lakhs
- Parts/Accessories added
1. Touring seat 2. Straight cut muffler 3. Deluxe foot pegs for pillion 4. Crash guard 5. Extended warranty for 4th & 5th year + RSA 6. Custom tank plaque!
Cant wait to take the delivery and hit the highway
Congrats! Looks nice from the picture if that is the bike after the customizations.

I wonder why RE still has long waiting periods even after so many years and models later. They should have sorted it out by now especially with this model since the CB350's waiting period when I checked was less than a month.

I assume it is March 1st 2021, which is 3 months away.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 14:58   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I assume it is March 1st 2021, which is 3 months away.
Thanks! Corrected year (2021). 3 month waiting is painful, but I saw some people getting vehicle delivered within a month while the tentative delivery date was given as 3 months. At the same time I wouldn't mind waiting as I am in my home town ( Kerala) whereas I have booked the vehicle in Chennai. So I hope covid thingies would have subsided a bit by March and I can go and collect my Vehicle from Chennai without much of worries (Unless WFH gets over before that). I wouldn't blame RE for the delay of customized variants ( as planning and mfg takes time), but I agree with you in the case of regular variants. Maybe they might be keeping some customers waiting to keep the interest levels high.
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:47   #232
BHPian

Quote:

I've booked one, and was promised delivery this week, if I chose an accessory. I've planned a ride in 2nd week of Dec, so needed to run in and complete the 1st SVC before that. So chose a touring seat, paid the booking amount, and placed an order on Nov 7th.

Went to the showroom yesterday to enquire, and found many Meteors were getting unloaded from a truck. Was eagerly looking at each bike, hoping one of them would be mine. Unfortunately, the showroom guys said it's the first lot that were arriving and it's for those who've booked on Day 1, and have no clue when my bike will arrive.

Cheers!
Quoting my earlier post: Okay the tantrums have started as I feared. I got a call from sales guy last Saturday, and he told the bike will arrive Sunday morning. The guy requested me to come on Sunday morning, and make the full payment upon bike's arrival. I was promised delivery on Wed evening. I reached the showroom Sunday afternoon, and found new bikes getting unloaded from a truck. I was eagerly searching for mine, but the truck had only new Classics. Enquired with sales guy, and he confirmed the new meteors are coming in next truck, and requested me to complete the payment formalities and promised to deliver me the bike in perfect condition. For a moment I let my heart rule my head, and went ahead to make the full payment without seeing the bike, hoping the bike would arrive anytime soon. Till today the bike hasn't arrived, and the sales guy says my bike is parked in factory as few of the truck drivers are unavailable. I'm not sure whether the reason was genuine or sales guy had some targets to meet over the month end, but here I am sitting clueless about the status of my bike, despite paying the full amount.

I am equally or even fully to be blamed here as I've made the payment without PDI, an act that's strictly not advised at all. I should've been mindful before taking the decision. Hope the bike arrives at least next week. Fingers crossed!

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 13:46   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quoting my earlier post: Hope the bike arrives at least next week. Fingers crossed!
Cheers!
Shoot an email to RE with all the details such Booking ID, Dealer name etc with your query, should set the balls rolling.
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 15:30   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Second most important part of ownership is cleaning the bike on your own, polish it, observe it closely and you will find minor things that need attention like a loose harness-band, slight loose breather/drain pipes (recalling my BSIII Classic 350 days).
This is a very useful piece of advise. I clean my bike myself and have regularly found issues (mainly loose nuts & bolts and cracked rubber hoses) that I would have overlooked otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheStorm View Post
Congratulations!

The bike looks great in blue. I really like the rear section - the tail light placement, etc looks simple but cool. I am looking to mod my BS3 500 in a similar fashion.
JoeTheWanderer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 16:29   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
My only issue with the Meteor / Thunderbird / Lightining : IT'S NOT A CRUISER
I remember reading a term in some auto magazine long back in regards to OG Thunderbird, Pesudo Cruiser. I feel Meteor carries the same legacy.

The upcoming 650 looks like a proper cruiser though.
BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 09:43   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
I am considering replacing my KTM 390 Adventure with a Meteor 350.
My purpose for a bike is to use it for 80% commuting, and 20% touring.

2. I intend to own 2 bikes, one will be a do-it-all, and the other will be a parallel twin.
I'm no expert, but giving you my two cents. Do-it-all bikes always come with some compromises. Since you intend to own two bikes, I think you would be better off choosing a commuter, and a tourer. If I were you, I would look at Xpulse or FZ25 only for the city, and a parallel twin for those tours.

While you were at it, did you get a chance to check the Himalayan? It would be more on the lines of your Adv 390, with very good low end torque for the city. Also, did you consider changing the sprockets on your Adv 390? People I know are satisfied with the low end torque after the sprocket change.

Advice requested: I recently picked up my Meteor, and I'm scared whether the tank would get scratches. I thought of applying a PPF film for the tank alone. Is it a good idea? If yes, should I apply it with 3M directly or any other shops recommended in Chennai? I may also need to install a tank cover, as the bike has no place to even keep First aid kit, documents, and cleaning cloth. I had to tightly stuff the bike's papers inside the toolbox compartment.

Cheers!

Last edited by Aditya : 10th December 2020 at 21:55. Reason: Post split
Old 3rd December 2020, 12:47   #237
BHPian

I booked Supernova with few modifications through online on 19th November. And the tentative delivery date given as 18th Jan 2021. Booking through online was a big pain, actually I had booked it on 12th November but did not get a confirmed booking id till 18th, I had to do multiple follow ups, called up the customer support (their support is worthless), they were not able to locate my payment and when I asked the dealer that I had selected were also clueless about the online booking process. The lesson learnt here is, don't book online, go directly to the dealer and book it.
I am not sure whether they will honour 18th January delivery date. I had the worst booking experience. Since I had done some modifications to the bike, the amount paid is not refundable or else I would asked for a refund.
sabsubs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 18:53   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Shoot an email to RE with all the details such Booking ID, Dealer name etc with your query, should set the balls rolling.
Thank you. Funny thing was even the RE sales guy and his manager requested me to escalate the matter to RE directly as the factory wasn't delivering the bike to them. So I thought of giving them a day before shooting a mail to RE.

Quote:
Quoting my earlier post: Okay the tantrums have started as I feared.
..Hope the bike arrives at least next week. Fingers crossed!

Cheers!
Quoting my earlier post: Okay, my fears have been allayed. Got a call from RE sales guy today, informing me that the bike has arrived and I could drop by anytime today to check the bike. I went to the showroom and the sales guy took me to their yard in 1st floor of the showroom. My eyes were frantically searching the new bikes, and in my vain, among few Meteors, there were 2 Meteors looking exactly like mine. The sales guy told any one of them could be mine as both were exactly similar with same touring seat installed. I could've found which one was mine from Chassis no and all, but had to return soon. So decided to do PDI of both bikes, and found nothing wrong. Completed few formalities, and came home. Delivery is slated for tomorrow.

Please allow me to introduce my humble Meteor. Please excuse the very bad pic quality and angle as the space and lighting were challenging in the yard.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-tbhp2.png

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-tbhp1.png

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-tbhp3.png

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-tbhp4.png

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 19:25   #239
BHPian

Quote:
The sales guy told any one of them could be mine as both were exactly similar with same touring seat installed
So when you order optional accessories, you don't get the stock ones?

I would like to pay for the stock bike, get touring seats later and keep the stock seat for local mods. Well that's me with old school thoughts. I've paid for the stock bike with all parts. It would be a space constraint also to store stock parts. RE is saving up something on stock parts if it's coming fitted from the factory!

Will be waiting for your post tomorrow, congrats mate

/surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 19:58   #240
BHPian

I booked my Stellar Red on 1/12 and the expected date of 1/3/21. I wasn't too excited about the options available on "Make your own" for Stellar, so just got the engine guard. I wish they had made some of the popular accessories on other RE bikes available for Meteor as well.

Ofcourse, given the popularity of RE, I'm hoping good 3rd party accessories in a couple of months.
vishchan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks