Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2020, 20:03   #121
BHPian

re: 2020 BMW G310R and 310GS facelift

Seems that BMW quality control is going for a toss? A brand new GS stuck with a stuck gear

I am really anxious about how are they going to handle the servicing part once loads of these bikes run on road.
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 20:25   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkbhaskar View Post
Seems that BMW quality control is going for a toss? A brand new GS stuck with a stuck gear

https://Youtu.be/rrl-Ql1QeRY

I am really anxious about how are they going to handle the servicing part once loads of these bikes run on road.
Dammit! when the delivery of my bike is less than 48 hours away. Lets see how my dealer responds to this one!
Old 4th November 2020, 20:28   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That's BHPian BunnyPunia. He took delivery recently and had mentioned in another thread that he has his fingers crossed on brand BMW.

Sad to hear of issues.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 20:50   #124
BHPian

Yes thats me. Was riding normally in traffic when this happened. Had to slip the clutch a LOT to reach home. Lutenys Motorrad has been good till now and they responded quickly but want me to get the bike to workshop.. That's 75 mins away in traffic. Means I will end up burning my clutch plate.. Sigh. Lets see. Sorta busy tomm and day after. Will keep updating here..

Quote:

https://Youtu.be/rrl-Ql1QeRY

BunnyPunia is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 23:25   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Had to slip the clutch a LOT to reach home. Lutenys Motorrad has been good till now and they responded quickly but want me to get the bike to workshop.. That's 75 mins away in traffic. Means I will end up burning my clutch plate.. Sigh.
I think you should make use of the RSA, if that's available. Slipping the clutch for so long on a brand new bike is going to be bad for the bike. Or you could ask them to send a technician to your place to try and see if it can be sorted out there itself. I saw few comments on your video and it seems like this isn't an isolated incident, few other folks have also faced the same issue on their BS4 bikes. BMW Motorrad should get the act together before the damage to their so called premium brand goes beyond their control.
Funny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 11:15   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes thats me. Was riding normally in traffic when this happened.
The gear shaft return spring issue is not a very rare occurrence and has happened to a few in the past as well including myself. But this happening on a brand new motorcycle is concerning. Also, as its a known issue, BMW should have addressed it in the BS6. Keep us posted on the developments and findings. Sharing screen cap of the issue i had, covered in another thread here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...esponsive.html (Major battery issue with the BMW G 310 R and GS! BMW Motorrad India is unresponsive)
Attached Thumbnails
2020 BMW G310R and 310GS facelift-untitled1.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 11:25   #127
Senior - BHPian

In the Bajaj KTM Vs TVS BMW Adv debates over the past few weeks, one enduring theme pro the BMW to defend what it lost to the KTM in performance and technology, was premium image/brand/badge cred and "quality".

Does little for both, online and on the road, when you see a perfectly undamaged bike on top a flatbed.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 19:07   #128
Senior - BHPian

Got my GS today and the dealership gave me a bmw Motorrad tank bag as a gift!
Attached Thumbnails
2020 BMW G310R and 310GS facelift-63c3d0bc07414903a36b3e0d6e68ae50.jpeg  

2020 BMW G310R and 310GS facelift-db02c05c5fb74b2aa22bff9d28dc6a0a.jpeg  

himanshugoswami is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 20:54   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Congratulations mate. Now venture out and complete the run in soon
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 22:06   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
The gear shaft return spring issue is not a very rare occurrence and has happened to a few in the past as well including myself. But this happening on a brand new motorcycle is concerning. Also, as its a known issue, BMW should have addressed it in the BS6. Keep us posted on the developments and findings. Sharing screen cap of the issue i had, covered in another thread here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...esponsive.html (Major battery issue with the BMW G 310 R and GS! BMW Motorrad India is unresponsive)
Any idea if this occurs with rr310.? Pardon my ignorance, i was thinking all this time that these bikes shares the internals like the engine parts, gear, clutch,etc.
Old 7th November 2020, 11:24   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea if this occurs with rr310.? Pardon my ignorance, i was thinking all this time that these bikes shares the internals like the engine parts, gear, clutch,etc.
Do remember someone mentioning that his friends RR310 had similar issue, either here on T-bhp or on the Whatsapp group. This gear shaft return spring failure is not a very common issue. When i had it on my bike, i did some online search on the same, and came across a couple of similar cases abroad and one in India too. But this BunnyPunia's case is of a brand new bike, and that is worrying.
In general, TVS has a better image than Bajaj in the market, when it comes to 'quality'. A very generalised notion but i sort of agree to it with my limited experience & of ownership of a pulsar 150 and a KTM from Bajaj stable, and seen some close friends with TVS offerings and my 310 experience.

Some people sitting on the fence like nitinkbhaskar may be a bit worried on the reliability and quality. Basis my experience, all i can say is I still do believe and place the 310 twins as well made and quality products. In my ownership of 30k kms, the gear shaft return spring failure was the only mechanical issue i have ever had on the bike. Apart from the stock battery which went weak in 1.5 years and i had to replace it with Excide. (BS4 bikes were plagued with alternator and battery issues). Barring this, Just regular service and consumables and not a single screw on bike is come loose anywhere, especially when the bike is been subjected to pretty harsh riding conditions and dropped countless times. personally, one of the best built and quality experience compared to some other bikes i have had in the past ranging from pulsar to machismo to classic to ktm to even Kawasaki.
We have a Bangalore Whatsapp group of 310 riders comprising of about 72 riders and most share similar thoughts when it comes to quality. Except electrical, the bikes been holding pretty well. Only time will tell if the BS6 bikes are compromised a bit on quality to go with cost-cutting.

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th November 2020 at 09:00. Reason: Typos
nasirkaka is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 16:27   #132
Senior - BHPian

did a quick solo blast upto the hills today on the GS- this bike is a beauty! it is so nimble and chuckable. Coming from my earlier ride that was Harley Superlow, this seems like a feather weight. One pic from the ride today
Attached Thumbnails
2020 BMW G310R and 310GS facelift-bmw.jpeg  

himanshugoswami is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 16:51   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
did a quick solo blast upto the hills today on the GS- this bike is a beauty! it is so nimble and chuckable. Coming from my earlier ride that was Harley Superlow, this seems like a feather weight. One pic from the ride today
She's a looker for sure. Congratulations!

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 19:37   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Himanshu. Wish you a great ownership and opportunities to create awesome riding memories with her. Beautiful machine.

If it's okay for you to share, may I know how tall you are? (you can choose to ignore or answer here or PM me, whatever is fine for you).
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 20:28   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Congratulations Himanshu. Wish you a great ownership and opportunities to create awesome riding memories with her. Beautiful machine.

If it's okay for you to share, may I know how tall you are? (you can choose to ignore or answer here or PM me, whatever is fine for you).
Hi Ajay, thanks for your wishes. I am 5'11" tall.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks