Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2020, 13:17   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: 2020 BMW G310R and 310GS facelift

Quote:
While we are at this, can you please confirm the comfortable highway cruising speed on your bike ? Need something, which can help me travel good distances + a bit of offroading without giving me aches / buzzy feeling.
Does 100 kmph comfortably on the highway and reaches there in good enough time. Beyond that it goes but can feel the vibes etc, so can be pushed for a while, but 95-100 kmph is where it feels at home. Would be nice if new BS6 engine is pushed this comfortable cruising speed up by a few kms.
Personally, what i like about the bike is that at 20kmph the bike is at home in 2nd gear. And i can go upto 80 + kmph in 2nd gear if pushed (ofcourse vibes creep in at higher revs). I am lazy and dont like working through gears all the time to be in desired rpm band ( blame is on coming from bullet family), and this bikes suits that riding style well.
nasirkaka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 13:47   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
I am lazy and dont like working through gears all the time to be in desired rpm band ( blame is on coming from bullet family), and this bikes suits that riding style well.
Thanks.
And I understand the bullet remark (owning C500 myself beforehand)

I have asked for a test ride at Tusker but they mentioned that they will be able to provide that only after Wednesday and that too for measly 2 kms. Hence, I am not sure if I can make out the comfortable cruising speed with that constraint. Let's see how it pans out !!
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 14:05   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have asked for a test ride at Tusker but they mentioned that they will be able to provide that only after Wednesday and that too for measly 2 kms. Hence, I am not sure if I can make out the comfortable cruising speed with that constraint. Let's see how it pans out !!
The road outside tuskar is all dugup and perfect to test the off-road capability of the bike. But if the cruising speed on highway is one of your important requirement, the 390A would do well in that respect. Do check them out back 2 back and take your pic. Price wise, there is not much difference now.
nasirkaka is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 14:43   #49
BHPian

As mentioned previously on this thread, the Rallye paint scheme looks brilliant on the baby GS. The only gripe I have is with fuel tank still being at 11 litres. Not sure when this will be addressed.

Can current owners elaborate a bit please if the Tank range is to worry about when touring? To put into perspective the KTM 390 ADV has a healthier tank size at 14.5 litres and consequently a better range. No doubts on the credentials of the bike otherwise.
aghate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 20:51   #50
BHPian

First Ride Reviews by Dino's Vault.

G310R

G310GS
Funny is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 15:49   #51
BHPian

I went to tuskar motorrad yesterday and couldn't find a place to park my car around Lavelle road, Circled around tusker three times just like a faithful satellite orbiting around tusker due to its gravitational field couldn't sneek a place to park my vehicle so ejected tangentially from tuskers orbit. Have to go by bike next week to check 310R twins.

And BBMC has dugged up infront of the showroom too.

Last edited by katsumoto : 11th October 2020 at 15:50. Reason: Extra information
katsumoto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 20:38   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumoto View Post
I went to tuskar motorrad yesterday and couldn't find a place to park my car around Lavelle road, Circled around tusker three times just like a faithful satellite orbiting around tusker due to its gravitational field couldn't sneek a place to park my vehicle so ejected tangentially from tuskers orbit. Have to go by bike next week to check 310R twins.

And BBMC has dugged up infront of the showroom too.
Even I am planning to visit during weekdays. But the way they have been attending my calls tells me that they have their hands full with queries relates to the twins.

I would sort of become a halleys comet and drop in the showroom after the initial hoopla is down. And that too on a weekday.

1 thing is for sure. BMW has set fire with these prices. Even though KTM ADV is just a stone throw away, majority of people will purchase this outright for that badge.
Old 12th October 2020, 09:53   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can current owners elaborate a bit please if the Tank range is to worry about when touring? To put into perspective the KTM 390 ADV has a healthier tank size at 14.5 litres and consequently a better range. No doubts on the credentials of the bike otherwise.
More the merrier on the tank capacity and so would have been the case here. Another couple of liters would have been useful. As it is, a tankful does about 300-320 kms, not a big bother if we combine our breaks with fuel stops.
Quote:
Lack of available parking is one major pain point and that entire area is such that its difficult to find a parking. Safest bet is park at UB city. That showroom space/location, service, etc is just not right and highly forced. one should see the "nautanki" thats done to take the bigger bikes into the showroom and out of it over the thin narrow ramp which lands into the showroom door. For service, the bikes have to be taken to 2nd floor on a lift, requiring 2-3 people and 15 mins. There is no place to even park the bikes for service, forget parking for prospective customers. No wonder if one books for service these days, the best date give is of after 15 days. Entire experience is a classic case of good products overshadowed by bad eco-system around it.. Atleast in Bangalore.
nasirkaka is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 15:33   #54
BHPian

So finally I got the price quotes and financing schemes.

On road price in Bangalore:

2020 BMW G310R and 310GS facelift-310-twins-pricing.jpeg

Financing schemes available:

2020 BMW G310R and 310GS facelift-310-twins-financing.jpeg

Oddly, the ROI for HDFC is higher but still the EMI rates are lower (as compared to IDFC) with similar downpayment. Either I am too reliant on excel for basic maths these days or these guys goofed up

Anyways, I also enquired about the in-house BMW Bullet financing scheme. But that has not yet been released yet. I have asked Tusker folks to update once they have further details.
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 15:49   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

At 3.75 for the highest priced model, they are only 10k approx cheaper than the 390 adventure. Interesting times. Is the extra 10k worth the:

- higher seat height
- stiffer taut suspension
- quick shifter
- TFT panel
- Traction control and Offroad ABS
- Cheaper spares and service costs
- extremely wide service coverage
- being branded a rash orange peel lol
- 10 more hp and 10 more nm torque

Last edited by Red Liner : 12th October 2020 at 15:53. Reason: Thanks ebonho
Red Liner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 15:51   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
At 3.75 for the highest priced model, they are only 10k approx cheaper than the 390 adventure. Interesting times. Is the extra 10k worth the:

- higher seat height
- stiffer taut suspension
- quick shifter
- TFT panel
- Traction control and Offroad ABS
- Cheaper spares and service costs
- extremely wide service coverage
- being branded a rash orange peel lol
Interesting that you made no mention of 10 more horses and 10 more Nm torque either.

I'd live without all of the above list if I got just the two on mine.

Wonder what the excitement about the new pricing was?

Cheers, Doc
Old 12th October 2020, 16:07   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkbhaskar View Post
Oddly, the ROI for HDFC is higher but still the EMI rates are lower (as compared to IDFC) with similar downpayment. Either I am too reliant on excel for basic maths these days or these guys goofed up
That is because HDFC is providing reducing balance interest rate whereas the other two banks are providing fixed interest rate. In simple terms, for reducing scheme you will pay interest only for the outstanding amount and as you pay your monthly EMIs, the outstanding amount reduces and hence the interest rate also reduces. Whereas for Fixed scheme, you will pay the same interest throughout the tenure of the loan. Generally fixed ROI is a small number on paper but the overall amount (principal+interest) it is significantly higher than a reducing balance ROI as in this case.

Quote:
Anyways, I also enquired about the in-house BMW Bullet financing scheme. But that has not yet been released yet. I have asked Tusker folks to update once they have further details.
This loan option should should be more easy on the pocket and they disburse the loan in a single day mostly. AFAIK the ROI will be below 10% which makes a significant difference compared to above Bank loan options.

Also for those who are looking at finance schemes, do call up your bank and enquire about personal loan interest rates. Few of the banks will provide personal loans with low ROI (9-10%) to their long-term customers. It also depends on your credit-score but its worth a try since it can lead to significant savings compared to a traditional two-wheeler loan.

Last edited by Funny : 12th October 2020 at 16:12.
Funny is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 17:08   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
At 3.75 for the highest priced model, they are only 10k approx cheaper than the 390 adventure.
- 10 more hp and 10 more nm torque
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I'd live without all of the above list if I got just the two on mine.
Same here. That last point is too hard to ignore. But then I believe the sum of all parts should matter more instead of just standalone goodies. Do not want to start KTM - BMW war here but what is your thought on below 2 videos :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
That is because HDFC is providing reducing balance interest rate whereas the other two banks are providing fixed interest rate.
Aah. I missed the "Fixed" part
Anyways, on personal loan I am getting 11.25% from HDFC. So it does fare better. However, I hope BMW finance offer far better deal. I read 3.3 % somewhere (though can't find that link).
Old 12th October 2020, 17:38   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what is your thought on below 2 videos
Can't really comment unless I've ridden the BMW, which I've not.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 17:50   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
what is your thought on below 2 videos :

[).
I no longer watch or trust videos from amateurs anymore. I only watch reviews from a trusted source, and most of these sources are abroad. Even Powerdrift or Zigwheels do not make the cut as all their reviewers are not from the mx genre and just know how to ride a road motorcycle like the rest of us.

After having taken multiple dirt classes and going offroad on trails repeatedly every week to practice all the countless hours of mx training videos i watch online, i dont take any indian channel seriously today after simply even watching their body position on the bike. That alone is enough to smell the rat.

I would not buy either bike as a road touring focused bike. You will not enjoy a single cylinder on the road. The road is just the means. Hence lets take the inevitable hp out of the discussion.

If you buy one of these to commute and explore trails, then the discussion can fundamentally be boiled down to two things:

1. Seat height. If you are short, BMW it is.
2. Suspension: if you like a suspension that will smother your buttocks silly, BMW it is.

In every other respect, KTM wins. Though folks say the BMW has better low down torque etc, numbers dont lie. You 10nm more at a lower rpm. I also liberally slip the clutch using one finger and am getting far far better at clutch control over the accelerator.

Is a KTM picture allowed here

2020 BMW G310R and 310GS facelift-pxl_20200926_035442854.mp01.jpeg

Last edited by Red Liner : 12th October 2020 at 18:06.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks