Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2022, 20:38   #826
BHPian

Re: The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Does KTM Baner or Aundh give you solo TDs? Currently I have a Himalayan and am planning to upgrade. I did try the Interceptor, but the Himalayan has spoilt me with its comfortable stance, not that the Interceptor is bad or so. I might plan to visit the showroom for a TD this weekend.
KTM Baner offered me a TD but I did not have time so I rejected it and KTM Aundh did not have a Adventure 390 for TD as it was at their main showroom which is KTM Wakdewadi. They were ready to get the bike from there but I had already ridden the bike before so I didn't wait for it and so I cannot confirm you will get a solo TD but I think they won't deny it.

If you want to take a really long solo ride then go to KTM Warje or KTM Karve Road which is owned by JC Motoplex as that's what I did. They have the Adventure 390 for TD and they just handed me the keys of the bike for a long TD. I had the bike for quite a long time and I even took it to my home and office to check the parking.
I would suggest you call them before going to check which of their showrooms the bike is at.

All the showrooms do not have the new 2022 models to ride but there isn't a huge difference so it should not be an issue. In your case, coming from the Himalayan I'm not sure you will appreciate the comfort but you will surely like the power, tech, brakes, build quality, etc. I'm not saying the bike is uncomfortable but the Himalayan is a benchmark for comfort in the range is what I think. For someone like me who is upgrading from the Duke, the comfort is a huge step up
White Aviator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 01:02   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slevynhawk View Post
Hello folks.. I am new to Pune city and looking to buy 2022 390 Adventure model from Orange Automotive in Baner. Just wanted to know if any of you have experience with them or should i prefer any other showroom
Also, what all i need to keep in mind while booking and taking delivery.

Thanks
Welcome to Pune. I have had good purchasing experience with ktm bund garden as its the oldest showroom. I have been their customer since 2012. I have had bad experience with the service of ktm baner but I guess the ownership has changed now. Try multiple showrooms and go with your guy feeling.
BlackMambaXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 11:11   #828

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMambaXX View Post
I have had good purchasing experience with ktm bund garden as its the oldest showroom.
KTM Baner has a bad reputation for good reason - their service is sub-par and a lot of KTM ADV owners are complaining - I am on the KTM ADV Pune group and we all avoid going there if we can absolutely do so. Recommend the Wakdewadi service and showroom as most of my ADV friends go there.
parthans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 20:17   #829

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthans View Post
KTM Baner has a bad reputation for good reason - their service is sub-par and a lot of KTM ADV owners are complaining.
Thanks for the update. Went to showroom today evening and booked the bike. Showroom guy said delivery will happen in 30-45 days.
On my way back saw a 390 adventure guy (MH 31 XX 5050) wearing black LS2 helmet. Just curious someone from here.
slevynhawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 21:07   #830

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMambaXX View Post
Welcome to Pune. I have had good purchasing experience with ktm bund garden as its the oldest showroom. I have been their customer since 2012. I have had bad experience with the service of ktm baner but I guess the ownership has changed now. Try multiple showrooms and go with your guy feeling.
Thank you. I think KTM Wakewadi is same as they have mentioned their address as Bund Garden road on their quotation.
Old 28th February 2022, 21:34   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthans View Post
KTM Baner has a bad reputation for good reason
When I had the duke, I had given it to ktm baner for service. They forgot to clamp the fuel lines properly after throttle body cleaning. The thing burst open in the middle of traffic and I was sprayed with petrol all over. Scary scenes. As I said, the dealership now has changed hands. Not sure how it is now.
Old 3rd March 2022, 20:27   #832
BHPian

And she crosses the 50K mark!

The ADV completed the 50,000 KMs mark during one of my recent rides.
The ownership experience so far has been trouble free and hopefully it'll stay that way

Contrary to popular belief, KTMs are as reliable as any other brand if you take care of them.

Here are some snaps from the most recent ride:

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-t3.jpg

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img_20220228_163957_3.jpg

Near Keonjhar in Orissa

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-odo-2.jpg

The odo at 50K

P.S. I switched over to GS Caltex (fully synthetic) engine oil and even after crossing 4,000 KMs , the oil seems to be holding on pretty well. The gear shifts are really smooth even at this stage which was not the case with Motul.
I think I'll stick on to this one and maybe try it on my other bikes too !
rb2399 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 23:08   #833
BHPian

Re: And she crosses the 50K mark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb2399 View Post
The ADV completed the 50,000 KMs mark during one of my recent rides.
The ownership experience so far has been trouble free and hopefully it'll stay that way
May be you have had this asked earlier but you have kept both - KTM 390 ADV and Suzuki V-Strom 650?

I am curious to understand the justification. The gap between the two in terms of power and capability isn't a large one. Not having a larger ADV makes sense from practicality perspective (weight, service, cost, etc) but these two together?
sunilch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 08:20   #834
BHPian

Re: And she crosses the 50K mark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
May be you have had this asked earlier but you have kept both - KTM 390 ADV and Suzuki V-Strom 650?
Yes, both of them are with me :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
I am curious to understand the justification.
The power figures on paper don't tell you the true story. The V's engine is very tractable from low RPMs up whereas the ADV needs to be in the 4000+ RPM spot to get anything meaningful out of that engine.

They serve a different purpose in my opinion. The ADV is nowhere close to the V's refinement levels for obvious reasons and hence it's not a highway mile muncher compared to the V. You can do long distances on the ADV for sure, but it feels more stressful both for the bike and the rider if you know what I mean.

On the other hand, when it comes to the mountains (Himalayas especially), ADV's nimbleness comes to the fore and she trumps the V.

So, in essence, both of them are good to have for a variety of riding conditions
rb2399 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 22:06   #835

Question to owners: Does pillion feel vibrations on this bike ? how is the pillion comfort ?

Took a TD with wife and she felt lot of vibrations on the bike.

Also, did anyone bought new bike insurance from outside like Acko etc. ?

Last edited by slevynhawk : 13th March 2022 at 22:36.
Old 18th March 2022, 19:25   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Question to owners: Does pillion feel vibrations on this bike ? how is the pillion comfort ?

Also, did anyone bought new bike insurance from outside like Acko etc. ?
The seat is generally not very comfortable for longer touring rides that’s for sure. Regarding vibrations, yes, it’s a little single cylinder engine that puts out quite a bit of power so definitely there will be vibrations. Pillion comfort is all relative too. Depends on what the pillion is or was used to before. Example if she was sitting on a Himalayan before, the ktm will be a uncomfortable.

The bike is not an all out tourer. There will be vibs and the rear side will start paining after some time of riding.
derek is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 23:44   #837
BHPian

Quote:

Context - I currently ride a Himalayan.

Comparatively, based on 40k kms on the Himalayan & a paltry 10 kms test drive on the Adv 390, Himalayan was more comfortable for the pillion, my wife in this case. More vibes for certain, she sits about an inch higher therefore, more wind blast too.

Where the Adv 390 seemed to have clawed back is on pillion ergonomics. Knees less bent than on the Himalayan & enough cushion space, although we use a float.

For me the primary reasons for the Adv390 are,

- far better braking performance,
- pillion friendly (relative to Himalayan, i realise it may not be as good)
- tubeless tyres,
- effortless cruising at 100kph,
- ABS.

Long story short, I've booked one. Eagerly awaiting

P.S.: The Himalayan continues to remain with us!
How long I don't know, but it's a legend and we're hoping to retrofit a purpose for it
shyamg28 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 21:23   #838
BHPian

Received absolutely disheartening news that there will be a 3 month waiting period for the 390cc class - Adventure, RC and the Duke.
Apparently due to the raw materials shortage.
Old 22nd March 2022, 22:02   #839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
Received absolutely disheartening news that there will be a 3 month waiting period for the 390cc class - Adventure, RC and the Duke.
Apparently due to the raw materials shortage.
Sai Service Pune Quoted 24 days or earlier. Three months is too much I guess.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 22nd March 2022 at 22:03.
Old 23rd March 2022, 00:15   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Sai Service Pune Quoted 24 days or earlier. Three months is too much I guess.
I was quoted 30 days when I booked it. Showroom manager dropped me a message stating 3 months today.
I will try and find out more tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks