Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2021, 08:18   #736
BHPian

Re: The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
The FE numbers are what you actually got more or less or does it contain some error ?
I really don't trust the onboard computer for FE. I got ~ 32-34 KMPL throughout the ride for speeds ranging between 90-100 KMPH
rb2399 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 19:21   #737
Senior - BHPian

Never knew the 390 could get up to mischievous stuff like this!

TheHelix0202 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 22:00   #738
Senior - BHPian

Folks my friend is looking at buying a pre-owned 390 Adventure in Mumbai. There is a dealer named Bulletraja in Mulund, Mumbai who has two 390 Adventure bikes for sale. Both are 2020 bikes, a white one run for 9000 kilometres offered for INR 3.25 lacs and an orange one run for 3000 kilometres offered for INR 3.39 lacs. A new one today costs INR 3.92 lacs on road Mumbai. Both bikes in their advertisement photographs look great, haven’t seen them in person. What could be a fair price for them?

Any feedback for this dealer? Of course due diligence will be done and pointers towards that will be appreciated also. Does anyone have any personal experience with them or has heard about their reputation - good or bad.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thank you.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 24th October 2021 at 22:05.
Old 24th October 2021, 22:57   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Folks my friend is looking at buying a pre-owned 390 Adventure in Mumbai. There is a dealer named Bulletraja in Mulund, Mumbai who has two 390 Adventure bikes for sale. Both are 2020 bikes, a white one run for 9000 kilometres offered for INR 3.25 lacs and an orange one run for 3000 kilometres offered for INR 3.39 lacs. A new one today costs INR 3.92 lacs on road Mumbai. Both bikes in their advertisement photographs look great, haven’t seen them in person. What could be a fair price for them?

Any feedback for this dealer? Of course due diligence will be done and pointers towards that will be appreciated also. Does anyone have any personal experience with them or has heard about their reputation - good or bad.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thank you.

Cheers
The said dealer always has good inventory in the store. But he is a lot of attitude and will not entertain you until you actually make him believe that you will pick a bike from him anyhow. His prices are a little on higher side (perhaps 10%) but that should be ok if you like the bike. He is a dealer after all and hence will ask more than the fair price of the bike.

For this bike in question, there are many listed on OLX and at better rates too. I believe 3L should be a good price as otherwise it makes no sense in picking up a used one. After all, when you sell it again - next buyer will be 3rd owner and that will impact the price a lot. Unless you are getting some good and useful accessories in 3.25, skip it.

So if you don't have time to wait for a good deal from a direct seller, you can visit him. You may even like other options that he has with him - including a Tiger
sunilch is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 23:54   #740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
The said dealer always has good inventory in the store. But he is a lot of attitude and will not entertain you until you actually make him believe that you will pick a bike from him anyhow. His prices are a little on higher side (perhaps 10%) but that should be ok if you like the bike. He is a dealer after all and hence will ask more than the fair price of the bike.
Thank you Sunilch for your quick response.

He does have a huge inventory which is listed on his website. His attitude can be short circuited, price negotiation can be dealt with and like you said he is a dealer so an offer price which is 10% inflated is par for the course. There is nothing wrong about him asking for any price, agreement can only be reached when both parties buyer and seller agree.

Mainly I would like to know about his reputation (or lack thereof). Does he deal in clean bikes, meaning generally they are what he claims them to be. Trying to pass off repaired accident bikes or covering up faults and lying about things. Is he a honest dealer or let’s say as honest as you can expect a dealer to be Please share your thoughts.

OLX is quite questionable but will look into it too. The Tiger is out of the question due to the budget

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 24th October 2021 at 23:57.
Old 25th October 2021, 07:05   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Never knew the 390 could get up to mischievous stuff like this!

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=boKOGsMZGnc
It’s more about the rider , Chris birch can get a HH splendor to do things that would make a CRF blush
howler is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 08:59   #742

AMAZING! This is on my to-do with the ADV as well. The first service is today, after a short trip to Kelshi this past weekend - getting my bearings on how to handle this boy!

Excellent photos buddy - :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb2399 View Post
An update at 40,000 KMs
Last week, I completed my longest ride to date (~ 9,600 KMs) that involved Pune-Koteshwar-Kibithu-Pune.

Before the ride, I switched over to RK Takasago chain and it's done wonders. I did not need to adjust the chain slack during the entire trip. That's such a far cry from my Rolon chain days

Apart from that, I got the tyres changed with a combo of Metz lasertec in the front and Timsun in the rear. The combination worked wonderfully well in heavy downpours thereby proving its worth.

I also got the Maddog Scout-X (https://www.maddog.co.in/product_details/SCX-1) which helped me immensely during night time riding in the cattle zones up north

Last edited by benbsb29 : 25th October 2021 at 10:02. Reason: Trimmed long post quote.
parthans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 09:53   #743
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
OLX is quite questionable but will look into it too. The Tiger is out of the question due to the budget

Cheers
OLX has become really user unfriendly now without the contact numbers. I'm early days I would simply call the guys, and meetups would be quickly arranged after the initial phone haggling.

I sold my Duke 200 on OLX. I bought my Duke 390 on OLX too. That too from another city 250 km away.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 10:17   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Mainly I would like to know about his reputation (or lack thereof). Does he deal in clean bikes, meaning generally they are what he claims them to be. Trying to pass off repaired accident bikes or covering up faults and lying about things. Is he a honest dealer or let’s say as honest as you can expect a dealer to be Please share your thoughts.
Honestly speaking in this day and age, Instagram (where I don't have any account) and FB rule the roost for creating and managing reputation. At the end of the day, he is a dealer and has good inventory. Rest all is upto the buyer to inspect the bike, papers and also decide the price. So in that sense he is just like any other dealer. I have come across 1-2 bhpians who have dealt with him and they were satisfied with the deal that they got for their bikes. They had specific bike in mind and it got closed quickly with him.

Having said that, just think about it as just another dealer deal. If something major wrong is found out after the deal is done, will any dealer respond by buying back the bike?

So if you want to save your time, visit the dealer and finalize the deal. Get a service done from him before handover as part of the deal. Otherwise, spend some time online and get a deal by yourself. That will be more fulfilling, according to my experience. Even if that means you have to travel a bit (say Bandra to Vashi/Panvel or Virar or Thane), it shouldn't be an issue.
sunilch is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 00:33   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks my friend is looking at buying a pre-owned 390 Adventure in Mumbai.
Folks an update and some more answers requested from our lovely team.

Update:
My friend bought his orange Adventure from Alibagh. He got a lovely 2021 bike run 40xx kilometres for INR 3.4 lacs with extra fittings like Maddog auxiliary lights, saddle stays, phone mount and the meter screen guard.

I rode it quite a bit and everything fell into place so naturally, except the low end torque. Stalled it twice at low rpm before getting the hang of it. Easy fix with the 250, 14 inch front sprocket as discussed earlier on the thread. Don’t think my friend is going to do that though, that’s just me. I am going to ride it a few more times at length before confirming my decision. Just lining up the pieces on the chess board/preparing plans as mentioned below so to speak.

I am also planning to look out for a pre-owned bike, however am open towards buying a new one too. The current Mumbai on road price is INR 3.92 lacs which includes 2 years (standard) + 3 years extended warranty and 12 month RSA pan India free as part of the KTM 10 year celebration offer. Now come my questions, please pitch in.

1. Does it make sense to buy a new one in November or wait for January 2022 for the new year model/registration.

2. Is there an update/revision planned for the Adventure in 2022? Would feel really bad if I just bought one and there is a new model release in 2022. I believe an updated RC was just launched a couple of days ago.

3. How do I check the manufacture date? The dealer has two bikes with him at the moment and says they are in his inventory since 21 days. Anything specific to look out for, is this fine or should I hold out till fresh stock arrives.

Please share anything else you feel is pertinent.

Thank you.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 27th October 2021 at 00:35.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 22:42   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am also planning to look out for a pre-owned bike, however am open towards buying a new one too. The current Mumbai on road price is INR 3.92 lacs which includes 2 years (standard) + 3 years extended warranty and 12 month RSA pan India free as part of the KTM 10 year celebration offer. Now come my questions, please pitch in.

1. Does it make sense to buy a new one in November or wait for January 2022 for the new year model/registration.

2. Is there an update/revision planned for the Adventure in 2022? Would feel really bad if I just bought one and there is a new model release in 2022. I believe an updated RC was just launched a couple of days ago.

3. How do I check the manufacture date? The dealer has two bikes with him at the moment and says they are in his inventory since 21 days. Anything specific to look out for, is this fine or should I hold out till fresh stock arrives.

Please share anything else you feel is pertinent
Dear friends, quoting my post again, please pitch in with your knowledge and experience. Need your help.

One more question which I missed yesterday : Since the service staff would replace the front sprocket to the 14 teeth of the 250, there should be no warranty issues. Am I right?

Awaiting your reponse/s - thank you!

Cheers
Old 28th October 2021, 05:47   #747
BHPian

Hi I’m going to try to answer your questions as best I can.

Regarding the sprocket, get it done at the service center only. I doubt it voids warranty.

With regards to a new or used bike, it really depends. Is this your first bike? Do you have any other bikes? Will this be your daily commute? What is the purpose of the bike?

If you own other bikes and want to get this bike just for fun, get a used one and blast off.

If it’s your first bike, you have two options : get a used one and save some money to learn, or get a brand new bike and worship her!

I have no idea on upcoming changes/ models. I firmly believe in getting what’s available now. Regarding manufacturing date, google VIN number and how to decide that. It will give you your answer. I just got to know this myself too.

Last edited by Sheel : 29th December 2021 at 08:37. Reason: ur = your. Chat and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.
derek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 19:18   #748
BHPian

Re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Hi guys, so a friend's friend is selling his March 2020 Orange 390 Adv, 3.6k kms done with price set at 3l negotiable. What would be a good price and what all should I look for in that model because I guess it is the first batch model. Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails
The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img20211101wa0127.jpg  

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img20211101wa0125.jpg  

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img20211101wa0130.jpg  

aarnav_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 20:29   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarnav_b View Post
Hi guys, so a friend's friend is selling his March 2020 Orange 390 Adv, 3.6k kms done with price set at 3l negotiable. What would be a good price and what all should I look for in that model because I guess it is the first batch model. Here are some pics
Brother you are on the KTM 390 Duke thread not on the Adventure thread. I will request our Moderators to move both our posts to the Adventure thread.

My friend just bought a 2021 Adventure with 42xx kilometers with some additional accessories for 3.40 lacs (more details on the Adventure thread). The price on road Mumbai right now is 3.92 lacs, 3 lacs seems a good price. Since it’s a known bike I am assuming the condition is all right with you. See if you can knock off another 10 thousand or thereabouts and seal the deal. Do update us on your progress.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 20:32   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Brother you are on the KTM 390 Duke thread not on the Adventure thread. I will request our Moderators to move both our posts to the Adventure thread.

Cheers
Oh I'm so sorry, my bad, the excitement is through the roof. Mods please shift the post to the relevant thread and thanks a lot Cyborg for the advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks