Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2020, 19:24   #1
BANNED

Honda delivers its flagship scooter Forza 300 in India

Honda delivers its flagship scooter Forza 300 in India-74194485.jpg

Quote:
New Delhi: Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India on Tuesday delivered the first batch of its flagship scooter Forza 300 in India. The new Honda Forza 300 is powered by 279cc, liquid-cooled, fuel-injection SOHC four-valve engine which delivers 24.8 bhp @ 7000rpm. Forza 300 is also India’s 1st premium mid-size scooter built on the template of synergizing mobility, style & performance while delivering on Honda’s reliability and technological leadership, the company said in a release.

Speaking on the occasion, Minoru Kato, President, CEO and MD, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Honda has a global legacy of fun model line-up. With the introduction of Forza 300 we are proud to take the wave of scooterization to next level. It will not only establish Honda as the pioneer in the mid-size scooter segment but will also help us cater to a new dimension of customers, who seek luxury and the joy of riding.”

As per the company, Forza 300 is the first Honda scooter to be fitted with HSTC. HSTC helps in regaining rear wheel traction by detecting difference between front and rear wheel speeds, calculating the slip ratio and further controlling engine torque via the fuel injection. It also houses a 12V charging socket.

Sharing further details, Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President - Sales and Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Encouraged by the excitement received from customers for Forza 300 displayed at Honda BigWing, Gurugram (which were pre-booked), Honda decided to introduce it in India. We are pleased to announce that we have delivered the first lot of 4 units to our customers. Moving forward, we will announce the Euro 5 compliant version in FY 2021,"
Source: ET Auto
wheelguy is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 19:31   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda delivers its flagship scooter Forza 300 in India

Totally surprised by this news! There was no mention of it anywhere, no units caught testing, the product is still not listed on the company website - and deliveries commenced? There is still no mention of the price anywhere, except that it would be announced when the BS6 variant is launched in the market.

This has to be the most secretive launch of recent times!

OR -

This is just the disposal of the BS4 units displayed in BigWing dealerships. Pretty sure they had the Forza 300 displayed at Gurugram earlier, supposedly for gauging customer response.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 20:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

Excited to know that Super scooter ERA started in India with this first ABOVE 250 cc SCOOTER launch. And since it is from Honda stable, more joyful rides can be expected in future. Quality is by default, given. What else is required.

Really delighted to see these scooters. This may inspire women as well for long rides and breakfast ride culture
Old 18th February 2020, 21:24   #4
BHPian

The onroad price is 8.5 Lakhs, so hope these show pieces are being given with a very nice deal.

Its a CBU, should be excellent quality, fit and finish. Gets a lot of tech like Traction control, 2 full face helmet storage and ... for a 300CC scooter.

That pricing alone will end the super scooter era.
NoSugarNoSpice is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 21:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

I've a gut feeling that these scooters will remain more at warehouse than garage.

Reason, if I'm able to spend 8.5 Lakhs, I've plenty of options from Kawasaki to Honda's own CBR 650 to Harley to Suzuki to Triumph to what not? And Honda's own CB300R a little powerful than this scooter costs half to half to half the price of this, just that the segment is different.

But then, a segment of users who can dispose 8.5L, why would they want to spend on a 300cc scooter unless they like decorating the garage!
aargee is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 09:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSugarNoSpice View Post
The onroad price is 8.5 Lakhs, so hope these show pieces are being given with a very nice deal.

Its a CBU, should be excellent quality, fit and finish. Gets a lot of tech like Traction control, 2 full face helmet storage and ... for a 300CC scooter.

What ??

My guess was, it would be somewhere around 2 -3 lakhs matching the price of CB300 max.

Looks like Honda wants to make all money only from Flagship model Scooter

On a lighter side: During our childhood, we used to mug the tables like "Four Fours are Sixteen" with pronounciation "Four Fourza Sixteen". Since the cost is 4 times, the name Forza might have been derived

Last edited by gkveda : 19th February 2020 at 09:12.
gkveda is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 11:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

Whew, this one slid right under the scanner. Launch was in stealth mode. If pricing is around 3 lakhs it does make sense, but at 8.5 lakh it's a definite no-no. Any more information is eagerly awaited.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 12:37   #8
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

This particular Forza 300 was on display at the Big Wing Honda dealership in Gurgaon since April 2019.

The SA however mentioned that the Forza is just displayed to capture customer response and Honda has no plans to sell it in India at the moment.

Being a CBU, I presumed it must be over 7 Lakhs for sure if they ever sell it to any customer.

I am guessing it is just an instance of one-off sale that is done to get rid off that display piece. IIRC even Kinetic-Italjet and Benelli have done something similar with some of their products in the past. Even KTM did it with those half dozen RC8s which were imported to India to gauge customer response. I don't think Honda will officially launch the Forza 300 in India.
//M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 15:50   #9
BHPian

Such a secretive selling and exorbitant pricing, it seems these bikes will end up more like Garage-Queens.

Besides the astronomical pricing, maxi-scooters will have a major issue on Indian roads- Ground Clearance. These have longer wheel bases than our commuter scooters and with the limited ground clearance, clearing 80-90% of our 'normal' speed breakers will itself be a royal pain, and when we add all the potholes and other uneven road surfaces, I dont believe this is going to be a great fun bike to ride!

Last edited by Haroon : 19th February 2020 at 15:52.
Haroon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 20:44   #10
BHPian

Now this is a proper Maxi-Scooter with 25.1PS and 27.2Nm and displacing 279cc. Its also heavy at 182kg (35kg more than the CB300R!) and gets a 11.2 litre fuel tank! Easily the most powerful scooter on Indian roads.

Apparently there were 4 units of the Forza 300 delivered all over India. Honda seems to have confirmed that they will be bringing in the Forza as a CKD unit in early-2021. Tentative prices are Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 2.8 lakh (ex-showroom)

Quote:
The four scooters were delivered to customers who had pre-booked the model, but the big takeaway is that Honda has confirmed that the premium offering will be launched in India by early 2021.

The design language is typical of maxi-scooters with a sporty looking front complete with twin headlamps, while the bodywork at the side is sporty with lots of creases and cuts, unlike the existing small-capacity scooters seen in India. Being a maxi-scooter, the Forza also boasts of a wide and comfortable step-up style single seat that will keep things comfortable for the rider and the pillion. The offering comes with a host of features including an adjustable screen that adjusts to 140 mm, full LED lighting, semi-digital instrument console, Honda Smart Key, 12V charging socket, and a lockable storage compartment.

The Forza 300 also comes with Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) and is the first scooter from Honda to get the feature. HSTC helps in regaining rear-wheel traction by detecting the difference between the front and rear wheel speeds, calculates the slip ratio and controlling engine torque via fuel injection.
SOURCE
Shumi_21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 22:29   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSugarNoSpice View Post

I was salvating, utill I read your post, I do not understand the logic behind the pricing, even with money to Burn, 8.5 on a scooter makes no sense.

Edit- Shumi's post mentions to a more resonable 2.5.

Last edited by motorpsycho : 19th February 2020 at 22:31.
Old 19th February 2020, 22:54   #12
BHPian

It will be nice if Honda officially launches the Forza 300 maxi scooter here. No point believing Honda even if they have confirmed until they really launch it. Hope they don't drag it like they are doing with the PCX.
Old 20th February 2020, 06:28   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
8.5 on a scooter makes no sense.
CBU pricing is outrageous and I though it was a joke when my BigWing rep dropped that when we were discussing the forza 300. But no .
Ex-sh 6.5 and on road-8.5 .

The cheaper CKD variant might at least be within reach of some who need it.
Old 20th February 2020, 09:28   #14

I would rather see HMSI bringing their ADV 150 to India than localising this. They would sell lot more of the ADV 150 than Forza 300 cause the ADV 150 is made for India and Indian roads to be honest.
Raghu A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 13:51   #15
BHPian

My joy was shortlived when I saw the 8.5 lakh price tag. Seriously and why? Price it at around 2 lakh and they may have some takers. Otherwise no point Honda having it in the portfolio instead they can concentrate on launching Activa 7g,8g,9g and 10g.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks