Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2020, 15:05   #1
BANNED

BS-VI Royal Enfield Himalayan launched at Rs 1.87 lakh, new features & color options

BS-VI Royal Enfield Himalayan launched at Rs 1.87 lakh, new features & color options-bs6royalenfieldhimalayanlaunchprice.jpg
Quote:
BS-VI Royal Enfield Himalayan has been launched in India at a starting price of Rs 1,86,811 (ex-showroom, Delhi). Besides the BS-VI upgrade, the new model now also comes with switchable ABS, hazards lights and new dual-tone colour options. Bookings have been opened and it will come with a three-year warranty package. The new Royal Enfield Himalayan will be available in three colours, including two dual-tone colours - Lake Blue and Rock Red, which have been added to to the existing portfolio of Snow White, Granite Black, Sleet Grey and Gravel Grey.

The new Himalayan is about Rs 6,000 more expensive than the BS-IV version which retailed at Rs 1,80,950. Prices now start at Rs 1,86,811 (ex-showroom) for the Snow White and Granite colors. The Sleet Grey and Gravel Grey are available at Rs 1,89,565 (ex-showroom) and the newly introduced dual-tone colors - Rock Red and Lake Blue - will be available at Rs 1,91,401 (ex-showroom).

BS-VI Royal Enfield Himalayan is powered by a 411cc single-cylinder engine that makes 24.3 bhp at 6,500 rpm and 32 Nm at 4000-4500 rpm. The BS-IV state of the engine put out 24.5 hp and 32 Nm. The Himalayan had already been fuel-injected in its previous version.

“The Himalayan is a distinctive adventure tourer which has performed admirably well, both in India and international markets. Since 2016, the Himalayan has served as a versatile, accessible and un-intimidating ally to many adventures across the world. The launch of the new BS-VI Himalayan with its unique features and design functions gives us confidence that it will resonate with riders, setting new standards for adventure motorcycling in the country,” Vinod Dasari, CEO, Royal Enfield India, said.
Source: Financial Express
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2020, 13:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: BS-VI Royal Enfield Himalayan launched at Rs 1.87 lakh, new features & color options

BS6 Royal Enfield Himalayan Price Hiked By Rs. 2,754 across all the variants, prices starts at Rs. 1.90 lakh.

The Granite Black and Snow White are priced at Rs. 189,565 while the Sleet Grey and Gravel Grey are priced at Rs. 192,318. The Rock Red and Lake Blue colours are priced at Rs. 194,154.

https://www.carandbike.com/news/bs6-...-2-754-2229974

Last edited by Venkatesh : 17th May 2020 at 13:26.
Old 27th May 2020, 17:48   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BS-VI Royal Enfield Himalayan launched at Rs 1.87 lakh, new features & color options

The key changes from the BS4 variant as explained to me are
- The backlight for the dash has changed from the old orange light to white. This makes it really look premium.
- Switchable ABS is a new feature.
- The hazard light which was available in the BS3 variant but ommitted in the BS4 variant, makes a return in the BS6 variant. This is a useful feature.
- The exhaust gets visible changes to help the bike conform to BS6 norms.
- The Himalayan engraving on the side panels is more prominent now. It was quite subtle earlier.
- New colour options make the functional bike look better than before.

BS-VI Royal Enfield Himalayan launched at Rs 1.87 lakh, new features & color options-20200527_151114_hdr.jpg
Much better looking! Button to switch ABS is on the dash.

BS-VI Royal Enfield Himalayan launched at Rs 1.87 lakh, new features & color options-20200527_151318_hdr.jpg
Updated exhaust

BS-VI Royal Enfield Himalayan launched at Rs 1.87 lakh, new features & color options-20200527_150206_hdr.jpg
Hazard light switch.

BS-VI Royal Enfield Himalayan launched at Rs 1.87 lakh, new features & color options-20200527_151455.jpg
Side panel has a lot more pop now

BS-VI Royal Enfield Himalayan launched at Rs 1.87 lakh, new features & color options-20200527_155621.jpg
New colour schemes

I took a 10 km test ride of the new BS6 Himalayan. I am listing a few thoughts from the ride

- Seating position
It is super comfortable as always. Day long rides should be a cakewalk.

- Switch gear
They feel more robust than premium. They get the job done without a worry.

- Engine
It was super smooth at the low end and had a hint of vibes in the tank area towards the mid range and upper revs. This was a bike that has done only 600 odd kms so I am sure it will smoothen out even further as the kms rack up. It made a lovely rorty sound as the revs climbed and the engine built up speed. Given that it was a city test ride and a brand new bike, I didnt really push it though.

- Turning radius
U turns were easy though I wasnt used to the Himalayan's seating posture.

- Mirrors
Again, they were very functional and did the job well.

- Suspension
The bikes biggest ace! It swallows up bumps and bad sections of the roads with consummate ease. If you are going touring, it will be hard to beat the Himalayan's suspension.

- Off roading
I spent a few minutes on some light broken off roading sections to get a feel for the bike in these conditions. I didnt try anything major since my skills in this are limited. But it excelled.

- Brakes
Well, this is where the fairy tale run ends. The front brake has been criticised in the past for being spongy / lacking feel / not giving too much confidence. Well, for me, this is the bike's only weak link. Maybe, offroading requires such braking feel, I dont know. But, if you are primarily a road rider, you will need to get used to the front brakes. They are not as bad as people make them out to be, you can certainly ride with these brakes without issues, but I wish it was as sharp as say maybe the 650 twins. It is not a deal breaker but its just something that I wish Royal Enfield had improved on.

Overall, I was very impressed by the BS6 Himalayan. If I were more of a tourer and conditions were favourable for travelling (which they arent), I would have seriously considered buying this updated Himalayan.
neil.jericho is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 12:33   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post

Attachment 2011149
Much better looking! Button to switch ABS is on the dash.

Attachment 2011152
New colour schemes

I took a 10 km test ride of the new BS6 Himalayan. I am listing a few thoughts from the ride.
Hey neil.jericho! Good work there detailing all the changes.

Could you answer these two questions:

Is there any change in the information provided by the MID from the BS4 models?
On the side part of the tank, is that a graphic or a rubberized tank pad?
Archie_27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 11:46   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Royal Enfield sure knows how to make really nice advertisements that tap into what it's core audience wants. This one has been getting quite some positive buzz from what Ive seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie_27 View Post
Hey neil.jericho! Good work there detailing all the changes.

Could you answer these two questions:

Is there any change in the information provided by the MID from the BS4 models?
Thanks. I didnt check the MID too much, from my quick glance it appeared to be just the same as earlier. I had asked the sales advisor about the console / MID and he said that the only difference was that the ABS switch got added to the console and the MID was now backlit in white. Nothing else as per him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie_27 View Post
On the side part of the tank, is that a graphic or a rubberized tank pad?
I actually didnt pay too much attention to it when checking the bike. I wont be surprised if its just a graphic.
neil.jericho is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 12:21   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Royal Enfield sure knows how to make really nice advertisements that tap into what it's core audience wants. This one has been getting quite some positive buzz from what Ive seen.
Soul touching, in these times especially! And that rear wheel slide...man what a shot!

Just a question: are the RE handguards worth it?
Does the windscreen need to adjusted to the highest setting if installed?
I have broken my front brake lever and replaced with another one once but can't say it won't happen again.
Would the handguards prevent that from happening if the bike falls over?
Old 5th June 2020, 14:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
Just a question: are the RE handguards worth it?- Felt Decent
Does the windscreen need to adjusted to the highest setting if installed?-Most Probably Yes
I have broken my front brake lever and replaced with another one once but can't say it won't happen again.
Would the handguards prevent that from happening if the bike falls over?-Can Protect to some extent, depends on the intensity fall, but again the sole purpose is to protect your fingers.
Please note, these handguards won't fit on the RE Offroader handlebars since they can be installed on Handlebars with threaded type Bar (stock handlebars, yes) end weights. The off-roader ones have a press-fit type.
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 22:41   #8
BHPian

Quote:
The key changes from the BS4 variant as explained to me are
- The backlight for the dash has changed from the old orange light to white. This makes it really look premium.
A lot of bikes still come with the old Orange lights only. I have enquired in a couple of dealerships in Chennai and they mentioned that while a few bikes in the initial batch came with this white backlight, the new ones do not come with white light as confirmed their PDI team. The sales people are requested not to commit to white backlight to any customer during the sales process. They are clueless on this change. This is also evident in the recent Himalayan BS6 videos in the YouTube as many still had orange light only.
vprabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 10:38   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
A lot of bikes still come with the old Orange lights only. I have enquired in a couple of dealerships in Chennai and they mentioned that while a few bikes in the initial batch came with this white backlight, the new ones do not come with white light as confirmed their PDI team. The sales people are requested not to commit to white backlight to any customer during the sales process. They are clueless on this change. This is also evident in the recent Himalayan BS6 videos in the YouTube as many still had orange light only.
This is quite interesting. I wonder what could be the cause for this change. Maybe some streamlining of supply chain due to the Covid disruptions has led to this?
Old 23rd September 2020, 11:31   #10
BHPian

Any whiff of a powerful Himalayan coming anytime soon? Enfield already has the 650 platform and it's so well received, a 650 Himalayan would essentially be the top seller instantly in the mid-level adventure segment if priced correctly like the twins. I'm so enchanted by both, the Himalayan and the Interceptor, I'm only hoping news of a powerful Himalayan comes soon, so I can again jump back to the RE brand. Owned Classic 350 before, own a CBR now.
ManasN95 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks