Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2020, 20:17   #1
BHPian

2020 Hero Passion Pro BS6 spotted undisguised

Quote:
Hero MotoCorp has been gearing up to update its product portfolio with BS6 compliant products before the 1 April 2020 deadline implemented by the government. The manufacturer has already launched BS6 compliant versions of the Splendor iSmart and the HF Deluxe. Now, with other products in the pipeline to get BS6 compliance, the 2020 edition of the Passion Pro BS6 has been spied undisguised before its upcoming launch.

In terms of design, the 2020 edition of the commuter motorcycle has received a rather stylish update. Looking at the spied images, the front gets a new fairing, tank extensions and a revised headlamp cluster. It also gets new colour schemes with edgy graphics, this one being in the shade of yellow with silver and black decals. While the spied images only disclose the front end of the bike, expect an updated tail section as well.

Coming to the powerplant, the 2020 BS6 Passion Pro will be powered by the same 110cc fuel-injected motor that does duty on the recently launched BS6 Splendor iSmart. The motor registers a max power output of 9bhp at 7,500rpm and a peak torque output of 9.89Nm at 5,500rpm. Transmission duties will be handled by a four-speed gearbox. The engine will also benefit from Hero’s i3S technology that switches off the motor on idling to conserve fuel. Other specifications of the motorcycle will be known once the motorcycle is officially launched.

Expect Hero to launch the BS6 Passion Pro 110 in the coming weeks. Other products from the company’s portfolio will also be migrating to BS6 before the emissions deadline comes into action.

Source: Bikewale
Bismaya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 06:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2020 Hero Passion Pro BS6 spotted undisguised

I don't understand why Hero would give the 125cc engine to the Super Splendor but not to the Passion. I know the Glamour exists, but the Passion with its seat height that sits between that and the Splendors would be the perfect bike to sport a slightly more powerful engine in the commuter segment.
Old 13th January 2020, 08:30   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
I don't understand why Hero would give the 125cc engine to the Super Splendor but not to the Passion. I know the Glamour exists, but the Passion with its seat height that sits between that and the Splendors would be the perfect bike to sport a slightly more powerful engine in the commuter segment.
In my opinion, Hero should have swapped the 125cc engines as the entry level ones in their bikes just like Yamaha did. They should have completely got rid of 100-110cc engines and stuck with the 125cc mills (both horizontal and vertical while keeping the bike designs same). It's a shame that they will never produce a decently powerful bike, like ever.
Old 13th January 2020, 08:54   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
I know the Glamour exists
When introduced, Glamour was supposed to be the 125cc equivalent of Passion in the 100cc segment. A more stylish version of the Super Splendor.

Hero never could achieve the same success with the 125cc platform though.
Old 13th January 2020, 09:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismaya View Post
In my opinion, Hero should have swapped the 125cc engines as the entry level ones in their bikes just like Yamaha did. They should have completely got rid of 100-110cc engines and stuck with the 125cc mills (both horizontal and vertical while keeping the bike designs same).
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I guess, perception does play a role. When I bought a Pulsar 150, I got a lot of advice that something like that is is too powerful for public roads, it is meant for racing, and so on. I was even persuaded away from a Pulsar 180, for fears of abysmal fuel efficiency that would bankrup me . So maybe Hero is playing it safe with all the "strictly 100cc" crowd.
rajushank84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 10:12   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
When introduced, Glamour was supposed to be the 125cc equivalent of Passion in the 100cc segment. A more stylish version of the Super Splendor.

The new Glamour i3s design looks much better than the traditional bike. It deserves more attention TBH.
Old 18th February 2020, 11:35   #7
BANNED

Now launched at Rs. 64,990. The 2020 Hero Passion Pro comes with a BSVI compliant engine producing 9 per cent more power and 22 per cent more torque than the outgoing model.

2020 Hero Passion Pro BS6 spotted undisguised-2020heropassionprobs6launched.jpg
Quote:
The 2020 Hero Passion Pro has been priced at Rs. 64,990 (ex-showroom, New Delhi) for the Self-drum alloy variant and is available for booking across the country. It comes equipped with key mechanical changes as well to become cleaner and greener. The front disc alloy variant costs Rs. 67,190 (ex-showroom, New Delhi).

Despite the updates to stick by new emission regulations, the powertrain develops 9 per cent more power and 22 per cent more torque than the comparable BSIV-spec version. It makes a maximum power of 9 bhp at 7,500 rpm and a peak torque of 9.89 Nm at 5,500 rpm, just as the Splendor iSmart BSVI. It is paired with a four-speed transmission.

The 2020 Passion Pro is built on a new diamond frame and the Front suspension travel has been increased by 14 per cent and the rear by 10 per cent. Besides higher ground clearance by 9 per cent, it also gains Auto Sail technology and digital-analogue instrument cluster with real-time mileage indicator.
Source
Old 12th August 2021, 14:57   #8
BHPian

Hi everyone,

Bumping an old thread; wanted to check if anyone has access to the passion pro bs6 workshop manual. It would be a great help if someone can share a link
Old 13th August 2021, 00:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
Hi everyone,

Bumping an old thread; wanted to check if anyone has access to the passion pro bs6 workshop manual. It would be a great help if someone can share a link
What exactly do you want to know? I'll try to help if there is something specific.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks