Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2020, 17:54   #46
BHPian

Re: A Kawasaki Versys 650 in today's time?

Just to give closure to my queries and not divert a lot from the thread-
1. Versys didn't really connect, and would have made me upgrade really soon
2. It feels like a compromise between a sports tourer and ADV. Compromise can be expressed as "Versatile" however didn't work for me.

With the Versys out of contention, V-Stroms not available in the market decided to take the plunge and get a pre owned Tiger!

bhargavd is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 18:13   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavd View Post
2. It feels like a compromise between a sports tourer and ADV. Compromise can be expressed as "Versatile" however didn't work for me.

With the Versys out of contention, V-Stroms not available in the market decided to take the plunge and get a pre owned Tiger!

Congratulations! I definitely know this 'plunge' feeling so make the most of it. Which Tiger variant did you go for?
TheVaas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 20:00   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavd View Post

CONGRATULATIONS. An excellent choice and a far superior as well as versatile product ccompared to both Versys and v strom. If you dont mind could you please share the details of your purchase. With pictures would be brilliant and if you are happy to share price too it will be instructive to other possible buyers. I myself am in the midst of negotiating a used tiger purchase for a friend who has tasked me with the exercise.

Thank you.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 16:15   #49
BHPian

Thank you guys for your wishes.

It’s a 2016 Tiger XR ridden about 9,1xx kms. Came with a belly pan, engine guard, Barkbusters and a lowering kit which I would need to replace. Also needs to have immediate change of tyres.

The amount I paid is below 8 lacs but if needed will let you know the specifics on PM if required.
bhargavd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 18:12   #50
Team-BHP Support

A Kawasaki Versys 650 in today's time?

Sparingly used I have to say. Great deal. You'll love the tiger.

I also recently finalised a purchase on behalf of a friend in Pune. Early 2017. XRX (the pre TFT model). 28.6k clicks. MH registered. 30,000 km service was included as it was still within its AMC (we have one general checkup also actually in our AMC). Well kitted with main stand, sump guard, engine and tank guard, side panniers, Baja aux lights, extra low height seat in addition to the stock seat (which I appropriated from my friend :-p ) and Arrows exhaust. 50% life left in brakes. It is on its second set of tyres which also have about 50% life left in them. The bike with arrows really is quite a screamer. Sounds brilliant. I am quite jealous as my 2018+ model will never sound the same with arrows.

Used tigers really do make for a fabulous deal.

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th July 2020 at 18:15.
Axe77 is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks