Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2019, 15:11   #16
BHPian

Re: Devil that possessed me - My TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Race Edition

That is a great write up there mate! Sometimes, it just happens, take it and go with the flow. What you have got is not a bike with two wheels, some nuts and bolts. It is a vehicle takes to places to breath fresh air and see a whole new world altogether. That's what I feel about a bike - a motor or pedel-ed one. It gives us the freedom to spread our wings...and I still long for one and yet to get one. FYI, I own 3 cars but I said I still "long" for, because, I have crossed that age. You should be lucky to own one. Wishing you many safe miles in (with) it. Please get some protective gear. Good luck.
Old 17th December 2019, 16:09   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveemashfaq View Post
TL;DR Version

I'm deeply in love with the bike. T
I love your post! Informative, hilarious, enjoyable. Please continue to share your experience with the beast! Wishing you tens of thousands of miles of safe riding!
Old 1st January 2020, 16:07   #18
BHPian

First service

Thank you all guys for your encouragement and kind words. I am indeed happy with my bike. And especially thankful that I didn't wait for the 2020 version because look at the headlight of that thing.

Devil that possessed me - My TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Race Edition-img_20191216_120844.jpg

Anyways, I saw this leak one morning and was once again in a cycle of regret that I've bought a used bike.

Devil that possessed me - My TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Race Edition-img_20191216_170118.jpg

I went to the service center with my mind fixed that I would demand for an engine replacement. The mechanic looked at the leak and then found out that the nut just above the leak was loose. Don't know why but it was. He tightened it and all the other head nuts and told me that it was just a leak from the bolt. They drained and poured in new TVS branded engine oil which was 730rs for 1.2 liter bottle and put in a new filter.

I also found out that my fuel gauge was wonky and it would show 2 bars even though it goes into reserve. I showed it to them and they assured me that they would get a replacement part soon. Because of my generous tipping to them during the purchase, they treated me very well. The mechanic let me roam around and see other bikes in service. They even waxed my bike for free as part of service. My bike work was also done on priority. Let's see how long this preferential treatment lasts for.

A pic of my bike just after service, in a field. Look at the reflection on the tank. Helmet placed on tank. Matches the look of the bike.

Devil that possessed me - My TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Race Edition-img_20191218_115204.jpg

A pic of the oil cooler. Look at the gold coloured exhaust pipe.

Devil that possessed me - My TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Race Edition-img_20191218_115211.jpg

A pic of my gold rear calliper. It is also coloured gold.

Devil that possessed me - My TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Race Edition-img_20191218_115222.jpg

Front gold caliper with gold coloured front shock absorbers by KYB.

Devil that possessed me - My TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Race Edition-img_20191218_115227.jpg

I can notice that the engine is much smoother after first service. I think the factory pours in thin oil to let the engine wear out into a nice rhythm. After the first service, the low end response is much smoother. The engine no longer wants to jump out of the cradle when you are in the wrong RPM. I still feel that 4th and 5th gear are unnecessary for city riding. They help out only on highway or 4th might be used for those clear stretches of city roads. But at the same time, the urgency of the engine is also tamed to some extent. The engine does not feel so jumpy at higher revvs. Maybe it is the placebo effect because of lack of vibrations after oil change or maybe the thicker oil made the engine tamer. I don't know but that's how it is now.

One problem with first service was that they sprayed wax on the front disc as well and the stopping power has gone down drastically. Need to buy a brake cleaner ASAP.

The oil leak that I showed you earlier also disappeared, hopefully for good. The head cover bolts also were tightened by 1/4 rotation. Don't know why they were loose in the first place.

I also bought this apache bike keychain which I thought would be super cool but it turned out to be very flimsy rubber. So, I have this nylon keychain instead.

Devil that possessed me - My TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Race Edition-img_20200101_150250.jpg

Signing off with a pic of my bike just after the new year wash. Happy new year guys!!!

Devil that possessed me - My TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Race Edition-img_20200101_145315.jpg
aveemashfaq is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 07:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

I test drove the Apache 200RTR bs6 last weekend for a short while and liked it. Its riding posture was more comfortable than its 160cc brother. Its on my short list for now along with the XPulse 200T ( again, a bike whose posture i am comfortable with). For some unknown reason, this particular model seems to be absent from showrooms in Pune nor is Hero pushing it much. I think it is pretty ok in terms of its retro appeal though and decently equipped, albeit with single channel ABS.
Old 3rd January 2020, 15:28   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I test drove the Apache 200RTR bs6 last weekend for a short while and liked it. Its riding posture was more comfortable than its 160cc brother. Its on my short list for now along with the XPulse 200T ( again, a bike whose posture i am comfortable with). For some unknown reason, this particular model seems to be absent from showrooms in Pune nor is Hero pushing it much. I think it is pretty ok in terms of its retro appeal though and decently equipped, albeit with single channel ABS.

IMO, go for Apache because of dual channel ABS. I have had two or three incidents where people have suddenly swerved in front of me and I had to panic brake. In any other bike, my rear wheel would have locked up and I would have fish tailed and even fallen down. But ABS kicked in and saved the day and my bike slowed down in a straight line. I could feel the pedal hitting back against the pressure I was applying. Most bikes offer front ABS but skip out on rear ABS which is equally important in my opinion.
aveemashfaq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 12:37   #21

New RTR 200 4v showed low battery twice.

I got my RTR 200 4v on 5th of April. On the same day while I was starting the bike from a stop the screen showed low battery charge. The bike did start. I called the showroom and they told me they were closed the next day owing to elevtions. So, I took the bike today to the dealer. Tney looked at it and told me some connection to the battery was loose. (I am technically knowledgeable). Anyway, I drove for around 15kms and stopped at my office. I had to start the bike again and once I turned the key, again "low battery charge" showed. The bike hesitated at the first "touch start" but did start smoothly at the second "try". I called the dealer and they told me it's normal and that I shouldn't worry as long as I am unable to start the bike. Did anyone experience this with their bike and is it normal?
Old 7th April 2021, 15:31   #22

Re: New RTR 200 4v showed low battery twice.

Sorry. I meant to say I am not technically sound. Unable to edit post since 30 minutes have expired.
Old 7th April 2021, 16:03   #23
BHPian

Looks like your battery is weak. Ask the dealer to replace it. It is not a connection issue. From your previous posts where you mentioned that bike was dusty, I assume that the bike was on the dealer floor for a while and the battery was not connected to a charger.
no_fear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 17:09   #24
BHPian

I feel so sorry for this bad experience with your new purchase. I humbly request you to please bear with the dealership with some patience to avoid unnecessary disputes.

Firstly, we have to check whether the dealer had performed PDI (Pre-delivery inspection) on the bike prior to selling. If yes, when was it done? and what remarks were mentioned in it? also, if the bike was kept at their premises for quite some time it is their responsibility to make sure the battery must be disconnected from the vehicle and must be charged if the battery is indicating as low/charge. If the answer is no, it is again their fault and all the headache is of the dealer and not the customer and also a complaint to TVS Motors will also help to escalate such negligence and cannot be left ignored.

Secondly, We must also keep in mind that the battery is one of many components supplied by third-party companies to OEM so, a replacement will take at least 2 working days to get it approved (as it is claimed under warranty). In the examination of battery - DOM (date of manufacturing), battery voltage, amperage, and condition of the battery are checked to come to a conclusion.

Hoping to see some quick resolution and may you get along with this concern ASAP and make many memories with your new ride.
sameerpatel90 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks