Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2019, 14:54   #1
BANNED

Kinetic Safar Star electric 3-wheeler launched for last-mile deliveries, priced at Rs 2.20 lakh

Kinetic Safar Star electric 3-wheeler launched for last-mile deliveries, priced at Rs 2.20 lakh-71518378.jpg
The LCV can run at a maximum speed of 40 kmph and it has a range of 130 km on a single charge.
Quote:
New Delhi: Kinetic Green Energy and Power Solutions Limited have launched the mid-speed electric vehicle Kinetic Safar Star for last-mile deliveries at a price of Rs 2.20 lakh (ex-showroom, Pune).

The electric three-wheeler is claimed to have a payload capacity of up to 400 kg and it will be available in 150 Kinetic Green dealers across the country, informs the automaker in a release.

With this vehicle, Kinetic Green has entered the mid-speed vehicle segment. The LCV can run at a maximum speed of 40 kmph and it has a range of 130 km on a single charge. Powered by a 48V lithium-ion battery with 150 Ah power, the vehicle and the battery comes with 3 years of warranty, claims Kinetic Green.
Source: ET Auto
wheelguy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 17:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Kinetic Safar Star electric 3-wheeler launched for last-mile deliveries, priced at Rs 2.20 lakh

Pretty interesting and decent range too, and my gut feeling says it should sell quite well for 2 reason

1. Low price point
2. The following from https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/ site
Attached Thumbnails
Kinetic Safar Star electric 3-wheeler launched for last-mile deliveries, priced at Rs 2.20 lakh-vahan.jpg  

vinit.merchant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 08:08   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Kinetic Safar Star electric 3-wheeler launched for last-mile deliveries, priced at Rs 2.20 lakh

Mod Note: Thread moved to the Commercial Vehicle section.
Old 11th October 2019, 08:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Kinetic Safar Star electric 3-wheeler launched for last-mile deliveries, priced at Rs 2.20 lakh

I think I have seen something very similar in camouflaged form on test multiple times; at Sinhagad Road Pune.

This looks like the cargo version, what I had seen was the passenger version that they were testing with sacks of sand acting as weight of the passengers.

It seems narrower than the Bajaj RE so I was wondering where the drivers of this vehicle will fit in the third passenger which is already a squeeze in the RE.
Old 11th October 2019, 17:23   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

A brave step in the right direction. Very pleased to see this indigenous vehicle. First a scooter and now a the wheeler utility. New technology in the mechanical world is always weaker in performance of the poor going mature option. But the gap closes quickly.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks