Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Are there two different riding styles? If yes, which one do you follow?
No. Two different riding styles are a myth. 36 30.00%
I follow the European/American style, and stand up a lot 36 30.00%
I follow the asian style, and rarely stand up, if ever. 48 40.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2019, 19:36   #31
BHPian

Re: Asian vs American / European riding styles

There is no particular difference in riding style when it comes to public road riding between Asian and euro/us riders. Only in motorsports (500 gp) there used to be a difference because the Americans were more used to a loose riding style due to their flat-track background than Asians who were more accustomed to paved roads and hence held on to their line and didn't like if the bike was skidding about. During the 500gp era the Japanese manufacturers preferred American riders because they were ok with the bike sliding underneath and were still able to control them.

When it comes to regular road riding I doubt there is a difference between the countries but the difference lies in the kind of bike we ride. Adventure or off-road oriented bikes allow you to stand up and ride due to the ergonomics. When you stand up you basically keep your torso afloat using your knees as a secondary suspension thus your upper body which is holding the bars do not feel the shock coming through the road undulations. On road oriented bikes this is not possible because of the ergonomics where the foot pegs are positioned backwards and so it gets uncomfortable after a very short while.

Of course the number of adv or off-road riders in us/euro far out number ones in Asia mostly due to the different terrains our continents offer. Another reason there aren't many off-road bikes here in Asia Is because we, on average are much smaller than the euro/us/aus and those bikes are a lot taller than road bikes

Last edited by nitro.1000bhp : 18th July 2019 at 19:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks