Fuel Tank Rs 9800 for GT650 twin

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 11:52   #32
BHPian

Re: Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranger View Post
That's one detailed report Torino. I'm surprised to see no one complaining about the heat shield less exhaust muffler. I managed to burn my Calf after my very first test ride. Second your thoughts on the size of the exhaust and the ugly mudguard and saree guard combo. Happy riding!
Thanks!. The heat shield less exhaust muffler is indeed a concern, probably RE should come up with an accessory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjinder View Post
Excellent Review Tonino, with high level of details in pics. Congratulations on your bull!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh4munni View Post
Isn't the second service at 10,000 kilometers?
You are right! my mistake, the second service is at 10,000 kms/12 months whichever is earlier from the date of sale. I plan to change the oil at 5,000 kms just to get rid of the run-in period oil.

Also, about the recommended oil change at every 10,000kms, I feel it's a tad too long considering our harsh riding conditions but yes RE came up with this after through testing. What do you guys think? Is there any other manufacturer who recommends similar oil change interval for their products in India?
Old 25th March 2019, 12:01   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
Also, about the recommended oil change at every 10,000kms, I feel it's a tad too long considering our harsh riding conditions but yes RE came up with this after through testing. What do you guys think? Is there any other manufacturer who recommends similar oil change interval for their products in India?
Versys 650 has a 12k kms service interval. But most owners I know change oil much earlier.
If you ride more in the city (especially like Bangalore), better to replace oil at 6000kms intervals. Oil is cheaper, the bike will thank you!
If usage is heavily highway biased, can probably push it to 7-8k I guess. Would still replace early.

Last edited by katoom : 25th March 2019 at 12:01. Reason: Typo fixed
katoom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 13:20   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoom View Post
Versys 650 has a 12k kms service interval. But most owners I know change oil much earlier.
If you ride more in the city (especially like Bangalore), better to replace oil at 6000kms intervals. Oil is cheaper, the bike will thank you!
If usage is heavily highway biased, can probably push it to 7-8k I guess. Would still replace early.
Agreed. I would suggest to self replace oil with synth oil of your choice every 5k, and follow with RE oil at the ASC every 10k. This way, you get your oil changed every 5k kms, and you can even try different grades depending on the weather or brands depending on your wallet.

This is the only issue with warranty, you are forced to go with the oil the dealer procures. Who makes the RE oil (supplier)? Whatever it is, i dont think it will match up to Liquimoly/Amsoil which can both be run to 10k kms of highway riding. But spending so much on an amsoil for a 5k change interval also sounds foolish.

So I guess moral of the story is stick to the RE grade oil every 5k kms until your warranty runs out or you run out of patience (whichever comes first )
Red Liner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 15:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride. Nice details !! Wish you all the best with your new found love !!
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2019, 06:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

Awesome thread, many thanks for sharing your experience. The 650 twins definitely is more vfm. Regarding the first system, the singles mostly are running on Keihin system, I believe the twins run on Bosch, mostly are reliable.
rakesh_r is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2019, 07:56   #37
BHPian

That's definitely one of the most detailed ownership reviews I've read. Glad to see that you're enjoying the ride and the cons are very few, like the huge weight of the bike. I agree about the parts where you said that the foot pegs were a mess. And the crank cases are rather oddly shaped, causing the gear level to be out too much to the left.
Bismaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 22:32   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. Nice details !! Wish you all the best with your new found love !!
Thanks Raj!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Awesome thread, many thanks for sharing your experience. The 650 twins definitely is more vfm. Regarding the first system, the singles mostly are running on Keihin system, I believe the twins run on Bosch, mostly are reliable.
Thanks for adding some reassurance and yes the twins have the unit form Bosch. Anyway I will stick to the general rule not to ride/drive in low fuel to safeguard the fuel injector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismaya View Post
I agree about the parts where you said that the foot pegs were a mess. And the crank cases are rather oddly shaped, causing the gear level to be out too much to the left.
Thanks Bismaya. The weight needs some getting used to especially for those graduating from much lighter motorcycles.

Meanwhile, my friend got his Interceptor delivered last week which he booked in the last week of November last year. Here are some pictures to compare the color contrast. The Orange Crush is a looker!

Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review-img_9683.jpg

Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review-img_9684.jpg

Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review-img_9691.jpg
Torino is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 14:35   #39
BHPian

This bike was on my radar since it got launched but I have used a '96 model bullet and was fed up with constant attention it had to be given. I used it for close to 80K plus km in around 7-8 years but gave up on it after I got married and wasn't able to spend as much time as it required.

I have lost all faith on RE but this bike looks a little different. If you constantly update the thread with your reviews, you just might convert a frustrated-with-RE person to a RE-fan.
YoungSaint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 21:59   #40
BHPian

Congrats Torino. It is one of the best motorcycles at the price point it is offered. For me too, the orange is a bit too loud on a retro-themed motorcycle like this. The silver will age better.
A dismaying point is the heat management system. I was hoping that RE addressed this issue in Interceptor twins after what I experienced in Conti 535. Nevertheless, it will be one of the strong contenders for my future upgrade. Wish you many more miles of happy mile munching.
Kuldeep31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 11:15   #41
BANNED

Re: Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 ownership review

Quote:
Tyres and Brakes:
My only concern here is the wire spokes wheel set up which attracts unforeseen puncture and with the several ongoing construction projects all over Chennai things doesn’t look encouraging. Had my fair share of heart in my mouth moments already when going past every flyover or Metro rail construction.
The rear of my Navi gave up on me once at 70. That was scary. I can't even imagine what it'd be like to lose either end of a motorcycle twice as heavy and at twice the speed.

While I like the rugged nature of a tubeless and wire spoke setup for riding in rough sections, I don't think YOU are planning to take it off the tarmac. In that case, you should consider alternatives like Tubliss or something else. It'll work IF the edge of the rims and the tires are tubeless compatible. No point installing alloy wheels on that beauty.

Quote:
From my earlier motorcycles I have developed this habit of using just the front disc brakes on most situations but in the Interceptor, though the front end tends to feel a bit heavy under hard braking thanks to the weight of the motorcycle I presume, must unlearn and relearn my braking skills with Interceptor.
Weight transfer to the front while braking is good. I read something like: you get the best acceleration when the front wheel is barely off the ground and best braking when the rear wheel is barely off the ground.

My Navi has a lot of weight at the rear. So, using the rear brakes makes sense. In fact, rear is my primary brake. But on everything else, the front is primary.

Your INT has a forward bias weight distribution. So, using the front as the primary is actually a good idea. But, if the rear is in contact with the road, then you can put that grip to use as well by applying the rear along with the front.

Quote:
I plan to change the oil at 5,000 kms just to get rid of the run-in period oil.
You're waiting too long. Give it a varied amount of beans to let the cylinder experience moments of high and low pressures and then change the oil while it's hot. Viscosity and stuff, you know. If it were mine, I'd have preferred taking the delivery early in the morning and having the engine oil changed by evening.

Quote:
The Orange Crush is a looker!
Yup! Orange color does add at least two extra horsepower. Sorry. Can't help it. I'm a KTM fan.

Last edited by MaheshY1 : 8th April 2019 at 11:24.
MaheshY1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 14:43   #42
BHPian

Re: Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSaint View Post
I have lost all faith on RE but this bike looks a little different. If you constantly update the thread with your reviews, you just might convert a frustrated-with-RE person to a RE-fan.
When you look at it, this is my first RE and my bike is probably from the first batch which makes both me and the bike guinea pigs. The current ODO reads just over 1500kms and there is a long road ahead and I expect a lot of interesting things to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuldeep31 View Post
Congrats Torino. It is one of the best motorcycles at the price point it is offered. For me too, the orange is a bit too loud on a retro-themed motorcycle like this. The silver will age better.
A dismaying point is the heat management system. I was hoping that RE addressed this issue in Interceptor twins after what I experienced in Conti 535. Nevertheless, it will be one of the strong contenders for my future upgrade. Wish you many more miles of happy mile munching.
Thanks Kuldeep. Well, the heat management is not that bad considering it is a 650cc air-cooled engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaheshY1 View Post
No point installing alloy wheels on that beauty.

Your INT has a forward bias weight distribution. So, using the front as the primary is actually a good idea. But, if the rear is in contact with the road, then you can put that grip to use as well by applying the rear along with the front.

You're waiting too long.

Yup! Orange color does add at least two extra horsepower. Sorry. Can't help it. I'm a KTM fan.
Totally agree against the alloy wheels. My search for a reliable puncture protection technique will continue. I am quickly getting used to the front heavy feel as I put on more miles and learn the braking characteristics and it feels under control now. Probably you are right to change the run-in oil a bit sooner, probably at 2500kms may be.

Did a quick Chennai-Pondicherry-Chennai trip last Saturday to meet my friend. Covered a total distance of 256kms and the motorcycle performed brilliantly on the smooth East Coast Road. Maintained 100kmph@4100rpm in 6th gear on open stretches, at this speed the engine feels relaxed and has enough grunt to overtake with slight blip of the throttle. Between 4000 rpm and 5000 rpm the engine characteristics is deceiving and there is no difference in NVH, hence it is hard to tell if you are in 4th, 5th or 6th gear without looking at the tachometer. Several times I ended up cruising at 100kmph in 4th or 5th only to discover there is still a gear or two. The motorcycle handled beautifully on corners and quick direction changes, was able to take on fast bends with confidence. I started my return journey at 9pm and it was time to put the stock headlight set up to the test, must say it has decent throw and spread in both low beam and high beam, I think I will postpone my headlight upgrade plan. The real entertainment came from the twin exhausts, the rumble during acceleration and burble at cruising speed is addictive and pure music to the ears. Windblast is prominent and it can take a toll on the rider over long distances. The ergonomic adjustments I made to the handlebar and levers offered a comfortable seating position, but the narrow seat forced me to take a break after 45mins of riding. After the initial tankful the motorcycle consumed 9.45 liters of unleaded petrol after completing the 256kms round trip, which translates to 27.08kmpl.

Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review-img_9951.jpg

Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review-img_9967.jpg
Torino is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 15:02   #43
Senior - BHPian

Just chanced upon this thread. Big congratulations on the I650!! very well articulated ownership story.

Quote:
Meanwhile, my friend got his Interceptor delivered last week which he booked in the last week of November last year. Here are some pictures to compare the color contrast. The Orange Crush is a looker!
i never liked the orange for some reason. I was sort of torn between the silver and the baker. choose the baker as i have owned a silver bonnie. But believe me, that silver bonnie with yellow paiolis and blacked out engine, alloys, and those classic lines and proportions was aesthetically very pleasing. And while we are talking of modern classics, might as well bring in the modern alloys for the peace of mind. they didnt look that bad on the bonnie! sharing few pics for the nostalgia.
Attached Thumbnails
Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review-img_20180120_160322.jpg  

Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review-img_20180120_160257.jpg  

Silver Blitz 650: Royal Enfield Interceptor Ownership Review-dsc_0111.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 10:58   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Just chanced upon this thread. Big congratulations on the I650!! very well articulated ownership story. i never liked the orange for some reason. I was sort of torn between the silver and the baker. choose the baker as i have owned a silver bonnie. But believe me, that silver bonnie with yellow paiolis and blacked out engine, alloys, and those classic lines and proportions was aesthetically very pleasing.
Thanks nasirkaka. That's a nice looking Bonnie you go there and those yellow Piaoli's blend in rather well. I agree the silver and black combo is quite pleasing especially on motorcycles, initially I did book the orange interceptor and then changed to silver for subjective reasons as I mentioned in my review post. I bet the black alloys on your baker express will look great as well.
Torino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 11:50   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks nasirkaka. That's a nice looking Bonnie you go there and those yellow Piaoli's blend in rather well. I agree the silver and black combo is quite pleasing especially on motorcycles, initially I did book the orange interceptor and then changed to silver for subjective reasons as I mentioned in my review post. I bet the black alloys on your baker express will look great as well.
Thanks! Sadly had to part with the bonnie after having a fall. These modern features such as ABS spoil our riding style as we become too system dependent. Infact the interceptor is to fill the void created. looking forward to the delivery now whenever that happens.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks