Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2019, 21:14   #31
BHPian

re: Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L

I booked this bike today with an amount of 5k transferred online to Pashankar Auto.
Sent the sales guy my id proof on WhatsApp and he sent me the booking receipt.

Now for the reason to opt for this bike:.

Currently I ride A CBR250R and am very happy with it's performance. I am only unhappy about the lean forward position and would like a bit more power.

I use this bike for my office commute and also for solo rides to Goa.

I was looking at the triumph Street twin and also the RE twins.

But these have far more power than I will ever need and also lack the smoothness and reliability associated with Japanese brands.

A Honda street bike with adequate power for Indian touring and latest technology is what the CB300R provides.
It even has an IMU at this price!

I know this does not scratch the itch for a superbike, but sometimes what you really need is more important than ticking off a bucket list item I will rarely use to it's potential.

Last edited by abeerbagul : 16th January 2019 at 21:16.
abeerbagul is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 22:03   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

The big giant continues is slow and methodical approach to taking over the market in the long run. Light weight, LED headlights, IMU powered ABS, LCD display and Honda India's low cost of long term ownership. With this launch, the sales numbers will be very interesting to track in the Rs 2 - 3 lakh segment.

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-hondacb300rpatentedindia3.jpg
Good looking dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Makes sense comparing the MT15 to the CB300R, difference in displacement aside a street machine is expected to make considerable oomph down low which mystically the R15 manages and I bet it would be better with the weight reduction on the MT.

As for the CB300R, well the configuration screams crappy low end, period. Hence waiting for the product to hit our shores to confirm otherwise.
The R15 was (in?)famous for its lack of low down grunt. I should know, I owned one for 6 years and did over 37,000 kms on it. Its a sentiment other R15 owners share as well. But the same bike makes considerable oomph down low in your experience.

If the anaemic below 7000 RPM Yamaha R15 has that effect on you, I have a feeling that the CB300R will positively surprise you, thrill you even, in the real world with its low down performance. Irrespective of what the configuration says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
For intercity riding, you didn't have to keep working the transmission a lot similar to the ZMA, which was an added advantage considering for everything else from the P220 to the CBR you need to play around a bit to maintain pace with the commuters.
Ive done tens of thousands of kilometres in group rides with different groups of riders and Ive never heard of any reasonably skilled rider on a P220 / CBR 250 having to work to keep pace with a (I assume you mean 100cc) commuter on intercity rides. Maybe the riders on the P220 / CBR 250 you have ridden with on highway rides are newbies? Or conservatively slow (Im not saying this in a negative way, I too fall in this category)?
neil.jericho is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 22:19   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumi_21 View Post
Kindly note that these specifications are for the 2018 version. Hence, the front forks are of 37mm diameter telescopic ones instead of the 41mm upside down ones we are getting. Only spanner in the works is the 10L fuel tank. Even my Gixxer gets a 12L tank.
A more important metric would be how far you can go with a full tank. If I compare my Honda 700 with a Suzuki SV650, my Honda gives me 70mpg, while the SV650 has 45mpg. In terms of riding experience, the Honda can get away with a tiny tank.If your Gixxer has a better mpg, then I will join you in your frustration.

I really like all the specs of this Honda! With some knobby tires, wind protection, touring seats, and engine protection, it can become a serious adventure tourer.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 22:25   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon View Post
If your Gixxer has a better mpg, then I will join you in your frustration.
He's talking about his Gixxer 150. Ofcourse it should have the better mpg rating, when compared to the CB300R.

But like the post above from Nilesh5417 reminds us - this is not meant to be a tourer and as such the tank capacity is par for the type of motorcycle it is - though I doubt in the Indian context - we do expect our motorcycles to be all-rounders.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th January 2019 at 22:27.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 23:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon View Post
I really like all the specs of this Honda! With some knobby tires, wind protection, touring seats, and engine protection, it can become a serious adventure tourer.
Project is in the potential pipeline at Honda Italy. The 125 adventure design concept was a way to gauge public reception to this very idea. Honda Italy ofcourse used the cb125r neo cafe as base. This is expected to take on the gs310 in Europe. Same chassis as the cb300r.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-hondacb125xconceptadventuremotorcycle.jpg  

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-hondacb125xconceptadventuremotorcycle5.jpg  

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-hondacb125xconceptadventuremotorcycle6.jpg  

Nithesh_M is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 00:24   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
New Full LCD Multifunction Meter
Gear shift warning lights for when the engine speed reaches the specified range. And the Peak Hold function, which allows you to ride exactly how you wish
Any idea what this Peak Hold function does?
Old 17th January 2019, 00:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I am assuming this is similiar to Hill Hold function in Ducati/BMW/KTM's ADV bikes. You hold the front brake tightly for a couple of seconds on an incline - and it will then lock the brakes for you while you can remove your hand from the brakes. Duration of brake locking varies from one manufacturer to another - its 9 seconds for Multistrada. When you are ready to go - just twist the throttle and the bike will release the brakes. Quite convenient if you have to stop on an incline.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 01:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
I booked this bike today with an amount of 5k transferred online to Pashankar Auto.
Sent the sales guy my id proof on WhatsApp and he sent me the booking receipt...

...I know this does not scratch the itch for a superbike, but sometimes what you really need is more important than ticking off a bucket list item I will rarely use to it's potential.
Good to know someone has taken a step forward already.
The bike is surely a good looking machine. The engine might not be as exciting as the KTM 390 Duke, but on paper with that light weight it does sound adequate.

When have they promised delivery? So we can have some more shots of the real deal from you

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st January 2019 at 11:02. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability
Old 17th January 2019, 01:17   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
I am assuming this is similiar to Hill Hold function in Ducati/BMW/KTM's ADV bikes.
Could be! The bike has an IMU anyways to sense the incline. But not getting proof of this feature anywhere online. Will need to wait for the bikes to arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Good to know someone has taken a step forward already.
Make it two - a Bangalore BHPian has also booked today morning.

As per him, dealers informed that the bikes will start arriving only by end - March and deliveries to begin in April.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 01:31   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As per him, dealers informed that the bikes will start arriving only by end - March and deliveries to begin in April.
I am in for a new motorcycle this year, having stayed away for more than a year now.

I last owned the KTM 390 Duke from mid 2016-17. While the new KTM 390 Duke will be hard to beat in almost every aspect, Honda's no nonsense ownership surely is something to consider. Also there are quite a few niggles that 390 Duke owners keep talking about. After a 390 Duke, this would surely feel slow, but then, how many times do we get to whack the throttle anyway.

Also I am a sucker for modern classics. Not that this looks anything like a Cafe Racer, but I used to own a RE Continental GT from 2015-16.

Saw a few pictures of the CB300R with bar end mirrors, looks pretty sweet.
parrys is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 07:53   #41
BHPian

Quote:
It's a display of the highest rpm achieved.

Honda CB's are unofficially "City Bikes", so tank capacity and range are kind of idiosyncratic topics.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 08:00   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
It's a display of the highest rpm achieved.
Oh ok. But it's mentioned - 'Peak hold function, which allows you to ride exactly how you wish'

How would a display of the highest rpm help in riding style? Have you got a chance to see it in any other bikes?
Old 17th January 2019, 08:16   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Oh ok. But it's mentioned - 'Peak hold function, which allows you to ride exactly how you wish'

How would a display of the highest rpm help in riding style? Have you got a chance to see it in any other bikes?
Some might call it a gimmick, but I guess it could help make sure you are staying in the power band that you intended, either for power or economy.
Never used personally. I believe the current R1 has it.

Cheers

Ride Safe
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 08:57   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Whoever got the BMWG310R are really going to be kicking themselves very very hard.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 08:58   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I see this fuel tank capacity discussion taking so much prominence for every bike that is launched. Our fascination with touring is making us look at every motorcycle from the same lens and seems like we end up grumbling about shortcomings that arent there. But a 250km range in itself isn't bad at all. What are we really expecting from sport or nakeds? Thrill, comfort, range, features.......sigh!
Its not just a question of touring. Most of us use these bikes for commuting and it becomes a chore to fill up every week. Every Friday morning I am at the shell bunk.

And the point is that putting a bigger tank is not really expecting too much!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks