Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2024, 23:02   #4471
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTorq View Post
Folks - need your help, please. I am clueless about this!
Sounds like 2 things:
1. Your starter relay is gone. Replace it.
2. There's a parasitic drain somewhere. Mostly mobile charger if you have one installed

Additionally, with the kind of use case you have, bike wouldn't get much chance to charge the battery in such short commutes considering the high drain during cranking followed by always on headlamp.

Go on longer rides.

Get an EV scoot for such short commutes.

On the topic of service centre, I've used BikeOne Services near Jakkasandra signal (Agara lake corner when coming from Koramangala side) and found them pretty honest and knowledgeable. Can try them.
iamgyan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 18:31   #4472
BHPian

Hello everyone, I'm wondering if there is a way to fit the hunter's front alloys onto the Int/CGT 650 without compromising the speedo reading or abs functionality. Has anyone been able to figure this out?
2legit2quit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2024, 12:10   #4473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
Took a test drive of the GT650 today and it was not what I expected at all. The whole front end just felt heavy .......
Is it really down to BS4 vs BS6 or does the GT not age well?

The RE Company Store in Jayanagar has BS6 TD vehicles. Took the GT for a spin and while it still felt a bit heavy, it was miles better than my earlier experience. Booked the Dux Deluxe, knowing fully well that this is a heart-over-everything else purchase. The SA confirmed what a few members have said on this thread, that a booking with the premium touring seat is a custom order and likely to be delivered earlier than the rest, so went with that.

Also got in touch with Top Gear Thumpers for the alloys thanks to the recommendations on this thread, especially @pachchu77
a_chelat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2024, 22:43   #4474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit View Post
Hello everyone, I'm wondering if there is a way to fit the hunter's front alloys onto the Int/CGT 650 without compromising the speedo reading or abs functionality. Has anyone been able to figure this out?
Why would you want the Hunter alloy, when Interceptor has its own alloy?
You should verify this, I saw a YouTube video where somebody put hunter alloys on an interceptor but it was not a straight fit.
adrift@life is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 14:51   #4475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift@life View Post
Why would you want the Hunter alloy, when Interceptor has its own alloy?
You should verify this, I saw a YouTube video where somebody put hunter alloys on an interceptor but it was not a straight fit.
The hunter comes with a 17 inch alloy setup and the interceptor comes with a 18 inch setup. This is fine when you're looking at classic motoring or cruising but for a more committed ride and more tyre options, a 17 inch setup makes more sense. A lot of folks on this thread have switched over to this setup and the consensus is it makes the interceptor handle better. I believe dismotech have added an adapter plate that makes the hunter front alloy a direct fit for the interceptor now.
2legit2quit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 00:10   #4476
BHPian

Quote:
The hunter comes with a 17 inch alloy setup
Looks like the meteors 17 is a direct fit.
throttle and thump have a combo sale of 18 front and 17 rear.

https://throttleandthump.com/shop/bi...-inch-edition/

somebody on TBHP has already done this setup, link to that.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th July 2024 at 13:07. Reason: Fixing first link
adrift@life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 17:06   #4477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift@life View Post
Looks like the meteors 17 is a direct fit.
throttle and thump have a combo sale of 18 front and 17 rear.
[/url]
Yup, the meteor rear alloy has always been a direct fit. The need for a plug and play alloy in 17inch has always been the issue. People would get the himalayan rear rim and lace it with the interceptors front hub as a 17 inch option in the past or get dismotech's 17 inch spoke wheel set up. Dismotech has now come out with the hunters front alloy and an adapter plate. I wanted to know if anyone has tried it out for reference considering dismotech's past track record
2legit2quit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 11:24   #4478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgyan View Post
Sounds like 2 things:
1. Your starter relay is gone. Replace it.
2. There's a parasitic drain somewhere. Mostly mobile charger if you have one installed

Additionally, with the kind of use case you have, bike wouldn't get much chance to charge the battery in such short commutes considering the high drain during cranking followed by always on headlamp.

Go on longer rides.

Get an EV scoot for such short commutes.

On the topic of service centre, I've used BikeOne Services near Jakkasandra signal (Agara lake corner when coming from Koramangala side) and found them pretty honest and knowledgeable. Can try them.

Thank you. I am getting the battery charged again today. I will take it to the BikeOne Services place this week, and ask them to check for issues. I have no external accessories (mobile charger etc.), so, not sure where the drain might be happening.

Also, if the problem is with the starter relay, then it wouldn't start after the battery is charged again, right? I will know once I fit the charged battery back in.
Old 11th July 2024, 11:52   #4479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTorq View Post
Also, if the problem is with the starter relay, then it wouldn't start after the battery is charged again, right? I will know once I fit the charged battery back in.
A bad relay may not be able to actuate or "close the contact" even if battery is charged or do it unreliably. At the service, they may have some spare to try out. I've had a bad relay and bad rectifier in the past once on my baker express. I'm not sure but i think a bad rectifier causes the relay to also die soon.

Hope yours gets fixed soon
Old 11th July 2024, 14:23   #4480

Quote:
Hey, I have done this conversion in conjunction with my FNG. You can find more about it in my post history.

Unfortunately, speedo error is inevitable. Attempts to rectify it lead me to a module called Speedohealer that has apparently been in use on bikes that read speed from the rear wheel and thus get affected when changing the gearing. Apparently, HealTech, the company that makes the module has distributors in India and the quote I received was 9k for the module and the RE specific harness. However, this issue is trivial enough for me that I'd rather use the money elsewhere.

Regarding ABS, I have tested it by stamping on the brakes at speeds ranging from 60 to 140 but haven't got any lockups or other unexpected behaviour. However, when braking at 100+ kmph speeds, the ABS light has come on 3 times and has stayed there until I turned the key off and on and then started the bike. My FNG says I'm the only one he knows who has reported this, and I have not been able to reproduce it reliably to offer more information.
sab3r2th is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 15:33   #4481
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, the meteor rear alloy has always been a direct fit. The need for a plug and play alloy in 17inch has always been the issue. People would get the himalayan rear rim and lace it with the interceptors front hub as a 17 inch option in the past or get dismotech's 17 inch spoke wheel set up. Dismotech has now come out with the hunters front alloy and an adapter plate. I wanted to know if anyone has tried it out for reference considering dismotech's past track record
Hi,

I was a bit curious reading your post. When the direct fit for the Interceptor alloys are available, why are you trying to fix the Hunter with some adjustments and additional fixtures considering the changes in tyre size, speedometer errors, warranty issues etc etc.

I guess the alloys from the ASC of INR 16500 would do the job perfectly fine unless I am grossly missing some fun in terms of handling, riding pleasure, ergonomics etc.

Cheers.
Old 11th July 2024, 18:26   #4482

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
Hi,

I was a bit curious reading your post. When the direct fit for the Interceptor alloys are available, why are you trying to fix the Hunter with some adjustments and additional fixtures considering the changes in tyre size, speedometer errors, warranty issues etc etc.

I guess the alloys from the ASC of INR 16500 would do the job perfectly fine unless I am grossly missing some fun in terms of handling, riding pleasure, ergonomics etc.

Cheers.
Because as he explained, the OEM alloys are 18 inch ones, while the Hunter/Meteor alloy combo is 17 inch at both ends. And apart from the obvious change in handling due to smaller wheels, you can run sportbike rubber with a much wider variety of tyre options.
sab3r2th is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2024, 16:06   #4483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
Friends,

I have been facing a very peculiar problem with my Interceptor 650 (bought pre-owned with around 33k kms on it).

The problem is, that if I leave the bike parked for a few days (ranging from 5-10 days), the battery goes kaput and the bike refuses to start..................

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Late update

I couldn't take the bike to the RE Service Center for a couple of weeks. Once I was there, the Service Center technician connected a device to check for the current/voltage and found out that the RR unit is not providing the required current to the battery due to which it is getting drained out. The RR was replaced, battery was charged and bike's been running good now.

I'm taking care to run it for a good 10-15 kms once a week, so maybe that could also be the contributing factor; hopefully, the problem is actually solved!

Thank you everyone for your prompt recommendations and directions.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh

Last edited by jsrakkar : 17th July 2024 at 16:09. Reason: Minor formatting changes
jsrakkar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 01:10   #4484
BHPian

Want to change exhaust on the INT650. Looking for something with more treble than base. Anything sounding similar to s&s made by an Indian manufacturer?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks