Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2019, 12:54   #1396
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Even i was on the same dilemma as you but ended up buying GT on the suggestion of the showroom staff, he told me that as you are more inclined towards GT right now, get the GT and later on if you want you can swap the handle and footpeg assembly of the GT with interceptor's. That seemed doable to me and i got the GT, and i am happy with my decision, haven't faced issue with riding stance. The handling and the riding stance give it more of a sports bike feel and thus inspire confidence while riding.
The GT definitely is a better-looking bike IMHO, grabs eyeballs on the street compared to Int650 which is more understated. Sometimes I swap my interceptor with a dear friend's GT for change of taste and I must say, the GT handles way better. That is not to say that the interceptor is a bad handler, just that the GT feels more in control. I plan to install the GT handlebar on my bike sometime in future, I dont even know if that is possible and how it'll mess with the rider triangle but something i def wish to attempt
Old 11th November 2019, 14:23   #1397

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
Congratulations!!

Better not get the touring seat, and get the stock seat customized.
Since the touring seat has the same slim dimensions, many are unhappy with the touring seat as well.

In case you are from Pune, DM me your number, will get you added to Pune owners group, lot of fun people and rides.
We have the one year anniversary ride planned for 17th Nov in Pune, organized by RE.
Tend to disagree on touring seat, just came back from a 1300 kms ride on the weekend on Interceptor touring seat, it was worth it. Earlier a 700 kms ride on stock seat was very painful. Touring seat was much better, ofcourse you can’t avoid the soreness after on saddle for more than 10 hours...
Priyan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 15:09   #1398
BHPian

I did a quick 200 odd km ride with my pals from xBhp, so I have a better idea of the bike now:

1. The engine does put a smile on ones face. Absolutely stress free, plenty of punch at any speed, and sounds damn good too!
2. The suspension and tyre setup are pretty confidence inspiring. I moved here from a Duke 390, so had some concerns in terms of the obvious downgrade purely looking at the suspension/tyre setup. But this ride gave me a very good idea of just how well the bike handles! All concerns completely gone! The bike feels very well handling and doesn't let its weight be noticed.
3. The brakes are amazing. No two ways about it. In fact, I found them a smidge better than the D390 if I'm being honest. The floating disc and Brembo pads really do make a difference.
4. The gear ratios are very comfortably set.

Now on to some cons:
1. The seat is atrociously bad. The ride back home was incredibly uncomfortable thanks to that seat. Painfully bad. Need to do something about this ASAP.
2. The mirrors are near useless in traffic. They give NO idea whatsoever. I end up being overly cautious of my surroundings.
3. The fuel meter can randomly show different readings. One moment it's full, the next it shows 1 bar low, then while parking it I see 2 bars low, then while picking her back it's back to full tank somehow. Confusing.
4. The seat + handlebar reach isn't very comfortable. I found myself a bit strained at times. Maybe this would get better with a seat upgrade.
5. The suspension absorbs some bumps, and somehow lets some through. I found it a bit inconsistent.

All in all, except the seat, I have no major complaints!

The bike feels a little bore more vibey at the handle bars after yesterday's ride, don't know why that is.. I may have sped above the usual limit a bit, but not that high really, and not that constantly either.

Maybe that'll go away with the first service?

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20191110_1014182.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20191110_095230.jpg
ashishk29 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 19:21   #1399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Now on to some cons:
1. The seat is atrociously bad. The ride back home was incredibly uncomfortable thanks to that seat. Painfully bad. Need to do something about this ASAP.
Please refer to my earlier post (2 pages back??) related to seat mods done by Pawar seats at Nana Peth. He does a fantastic job. You can go for universal handlebar risers available for 1300 off bucks on Amazon. They can be pulled towards the rider for reach as well.

Quote:
5. The suspension absorbs some bumps, and somehow lets some through. I found it a bit inconsistent.
Set the rear suspension to the 2nd setting with the tool they have provided. INT650 is set at the softest. So it becomes wallowy at speeds. At the 2nd setting, it is perfect.

Quote:
The bike feels a little bore more vibey at the handle bars after yesterday's ride, don't know why that is.. I may have sped above the usual limit a bit, but not that high really, and not that constantly either.

Maybe that'll go away with the first service?
Same here. Bike feels a bit vibey, but nothing to worry about.

We can meet up if you want. My office is at Baner.

Mod Note : Please do NOT reply to posts using bold text within a quoted post, as it leads to visual discomfort for readers. Additionally, it's inconvenient to quote & reply to such a post.

For the correct way to quote, please see this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th November 2019 at 02:47. Reason: Note in post.
kaustubh_vaze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 19:46   #1400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustubh_vaze View Post
We can meet up if you want. My office is at Baner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I did a quick 200 odd km ride with my pals from xBhp, so I have a better idea of the bike now:
I live in Baner too, I guess all 3 of us should plan a meet up.

If I remember it correctly, I got the 2 of you added to twins group in Pune.
So I believe, we have each others numbers too.
ishan12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 21:10   #1401
BHPian

Royal Enfield Organized a 650 Twins First Anniversary Breakfast Ride yesterday (10th Nov). It was a good show.

Venue was a resort around 25 kms from city near Hoskote.
Ride was coordinated through the dealers where they reached out to the owners and signed them up. Riders started reaching the spot around 7.30 in batches all the way till 9.30 AM.
Typical breakfast ride schedule where you reach the sport, hangout a bit, get some hot breakfast and disperse. RE added some colour by setting up a presentation and some speech and a DIY workshop.
A few things which caught my attention
  • Around 350 riders. When a they arrive in batches, you can hear the resonated sound effect a few minutes before you see them
  • Rookies, oldies, hard core bikers, bikernis, girlfriend-wife-kid pillions. Lots of them.
  • Met pops. What an inspiration (https://www.facebook.com/StoriesOfKa...n5q-JOTqm7l4St)
  • Some heavily moded and accessorized twins.
  • Very well behaved crowd.
  • Mildly foggy morning ride and pleasant weather to hear ride tales from fellow riders. Everyone seems to be excited about 2019 Rider Mania.
  • RE sold 3800 Twins in Karnataka alone

Finally a goodies bag with wrist band, coffee mug and stickers. VFM ride
Collected a few from whatsapp group. Real photo owners, please stand up.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-twinride1.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-twins2.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-twins3.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-twins4.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-twins5.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th November 2019 at 02:41. Reason: Only two smileys permitted per post.
Ohh!Oxygen is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 09:44   #1402
BHPian

I went for a test ride yesterday as i am looking at a new bike soon, interceptor handed out to me for a test ride had clocked some 26k kms and seemed to have a good powerful engine and all seemed fine except for a mild tappet noise and a wobble issue at the front end at speeds of 40-45 which was quite un-nerving.As soon as dropped the speed from a good run the bike would start wobbling and made me feel like i was going to lose control of the front end.

Is this normal in the 650? I would definitely like to more about this from bikers using this bike, as if this issue is present in all bikes then i would have to look elsewhere, there is no way i can ride with that wobble at 40-45.

Please do pour in your opinions please.
Old 12th November 2019, 10:57   #1403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post

Is this normal in the 650? I would definitely like to more about this from bikers using this bike, as if this issue is present in all bikes then i would have to look elsewhere, there is no way i can ride with that wobble at 40-45.

Simple, go to a different showroom and try another test ride.
From the looks of what you have updated me, the particular test bike seems to have a challenge.

Go ahead if it meets your purpose of buying the bike and you are clear with what to expect from it.
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 11:19   #1404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post

Definitely not normal. That showroom must have a pretty abused bike to do that. Wheel balancing, suspension troubles, tyre issues, could be N number of things. I recommend you get a test ride at another location.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 17:10   #1405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh!Oxygen View Post
Royal Enfield Organized a 650 Twins First Anniversary Breakfast Ride yesterday (10th Nov). It was a good show.

Venue was a resort around 25 kms from city near Hoskote.
Ride was coordinated through the dealers where they reached out to the owners and signed them up. Riders started reaching the spot around 7.30 in batches all the way till 9.30 AM.
Typical breakfast ride schedule where you reach the sport, hangout a bit, get some hot breakfast and disperse. RE added some colour by setting up a presentation and some speech and a DIY workshop.
It must have been a fantastic experience being there, the rumble of the engine must have been music to the ears , sadly i can only imagine as no such event was organised in Jaipur
Old 13th November 2019, 10:26   #1406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
The GT definitely is a better-looking bike IMHO, grabs eyeballs on the street compared to Int650 which is more understated. Sometimes I swap my interceptor with a dear friend's GT for change of taste and I must say, the GT handles way better. That is not to say that the interceptor is a bad handler, just that the GT feels more in control. I plan to install the GT handlebar on my bike sometime in future, I dont even know if that is possible and how it'll mess with the rider triangle but something i def wish to attempt
Now what I've figured is I will need to spend some money on sorting out the ride triangle of the Interceptor. The GT clip ons and my knees gripping the tank tend to do funny stuff at times, position seems good, but the over all feel seems off to me. I'm also pretty sure that I'd want to change the springs to sort out the suspension on the bike, it really ought to have been sprung better, can get a bit unsettling at times. All this means the cost of the bike will probably increase significantly to me. So I'm in two minds now.
Old 13th November 2019, 11:11   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Now what I've figured is I will need to spend some money on sorting out the ride triangle of the Interceptor. The GT clip ons and my knees gripping the tank tend to do funny stuff at times, position seems good, but the over all feel seems off to me. I'm also pretty sure that I'd want to change the springs to sort out the suspension on the bike, it really ought to have been sprung better, can get a bit unsettling at times. All this means the cost of the bike will probably increase significantly to me. So I'm in two minds now.
From what I've heard is that GT handlebars are not direct fit on the Interceptor but the rearset pootpegs can be retrofitted easily. I have also noticed that gripping the tank on GT is rather awkward because your knee is always below the tank. Overall the expense for handlebar swap and rearsets will be around 20k from what I have gathered. Now I am also in two minds, might as well put the same money in finding a solution for the incessant punctures
shabih is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 11:29   #1408
Distinguished - BHPian

I noticed this today while trying out the configuration option on the Royal Enfield website. Was this there earlier?

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-capture.png

It does tie in to the news I got from a little birdie that the option of alloys for the 650s and other Royal Enfields is coming very soon. Im guessing it will be launched at Rider Mania this year.
Old 13th November 2019, 12:14   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
From what I've heard is that GT handlebars are not direct fit on the Interceptor but the rearset pootpegs can be retrofitted easily. I have also noticed that gripping the tank on GT is rather awkward because your knee is always below the tank. Overall the expense for handlebar swap and rearsets will be around 20k from what I have gathered. Now I am also in two minds, might as well put the same money in finding a solution for the incessant punctures
GT Handlebards wouldn't work on the interceptor. Would need to find a pipe that is a bit lower with a more committed position and add the GT pegs.

E6000 glue + 3M Tape (4412n/4411n) will do you nicely for conversion without breaking the bank. Total cost + DIY would be in the 3-5K region for hand carry from the US.
Old 13th November 2019, 12:15   #1410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I noticed this today while trying out the configuration option on the Royal Enfield website. Was this there earlier?

It does tie in to the news I got from a little birdie that the option of alloys for the 650s and other Royal Enfields is coming very soon. Im guessing it will be launched at Rider Mania this year.
It's been there for the last couple of weeks at-least. I noticed it when I started seriously looking at the twins. somehow, I think these would look best on spoke and not alloys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks