Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2019, 22:38   #1351
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

I believe that this video hasnt been shared earlier on the thread. It is an interesting sneak peek behind the curtains and shows that Royal Enfield is ready to keep pushing the very capable 650 platform towards even more exciting products.

I wonder if this fully faired bike could be a hint towards one or more upcoming launches in November. All my little Royal Enfield birdies have been very tight lipped on new launches ahead of Rider Mania and EICMA. I wonder what is cooking.

A scrambler based on the 650 platform should be a no brainer. Royal Enfield had the ingredients with the 535 platform but missed the boat at that time.
neil.jericho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 07:04   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
This happened to me as well after a bike wash (Used a bit more water than usual). Did you happen to get this sorted out? I tried battery disconnect and reset and the light promptly came back. So, must be something persistent.
Will check for a week before going to the service center. Any suggestions?
The MIL went off this week just the day before I was going to head to the SC, guessing the moisture evaporated.
Old 3rd November 2019, 08:15   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adises View Post
The MIL went off this week just the day before I was going to head to the SC, guessing the moisture evaporated.
Thanks for the update, you are right same thing happened here.
I just left the bike in the open and voila no more MIL. I think water can stay in the exhaust pipes affecting the oxygen sensor readings as well looks like.

Usually I give a air blast at all the connectors after a wash which I missed this time. Will make sure I don't over react next time. But RE needs to definitely seal up things somewhere.
Old 3rd November 2019, 17:47   #1354
BHPian

Anyone checked how much it would cost to upgrade to the new clear lens headlamp? I believe illumination is significantly improved.
Old 4th November 2019, 14:33   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adises View Post
Anyone checked how much it would cost to upgrade to the new clear lens headlamp? I believe illumination is significantly improved.
You can check for the RE Himalayan HL assembly. Seems to be the same unit. Even the Thunderbird projector unit would be a direct fit. You can find a ton of aftermarket options for a 7 inch HL, especially those LED ones.
Old 4th November 2019, 15:06   #1356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na_sh View Post
You can check for the RE Himalayan HL assembly. Seems to be the same unit. Even the Thunderbird projector unit would be a direct fit. You can find a ton of aftermarket options for a 7 inch HL, especially those LED ones.
Thunderbird's projector setup is not a direct fit. The Thunderbird Twin spark's clear lens headlamp is a direct fit, but that was without the projectors. Speaking out of experience after wasting some valuable time and some money while changing to the clear lens setup from the old Thunderbird.
aravind.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 16:09   #1357
BHPian

RE Twins take the 4th spot in UKs most sold 2 wheelers in 2019.
Above the RE twins in the chart are two 125s and a Scooter.

It has become the UK’s best-selling bike in the 125-650cc motorcycle category.

Source :
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...-uk-bikes-2019

Last edited by ishan12 : 4th November 2019 at 16:10.
ishan12 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 22:23   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I stopped by the Royal Enfield company store near Edapally in Cochin today to test ride the GT 650.
Overall rating - Two thumbs up.
I booked my interceptor a year back at this very showroom and took delivery in Jan 2019. Very nice experience overall. I was given a chance to take the bike for a long TD but I had to visit them on a Sunday for that. Took the TD bike to the Container road and had a really enjoyable ride. Haven't had as much fun on my own bike yet.
sureshkishore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 22:28   #1359

Booked a baker express here in Chandigarh on 3 Nov. They committed they can provide the model in the next 15-20 days.Fingers crossed.The quote for 5 year insurance is 3k more than what my insurance guy has to offer. I still haven't finalized on the insurance yet.
On the other hand, couldn't resist buying that bash plate off RE accessories. Can anyone suggest a good radiator guard please. Also a good fitting bar end mirrors for interceptor would be great help. Would help me personalise the bike the way I want it. Upgrading my bike after 8 whole years. The excitement is just too overwhelming. Yayy
Jayant1988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 23:33   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayant1988 View Post
On the other hand, couldn't resist buying that bash plate off RE accessories. Can anyone suggest a good radiator guard please. Also a good fitting bar end mirrors for interceptor would be great help.
You can get the RE bar end mirrors but i think they are way overpriced, you can search online there are some good ones available. The radiator already has a guard in front, you don't need a separate one to protect it, zana makes one but it looks really ugly. I got the insurance for 5 years nill depp + 1st party+ 3rd party for 28k, i have the continental gt black magic btw
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 10:36   #1361
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
RE Twins take the 4th spot in UKs most sold 2 wheelers in 2019.
Above the RE twins in the chart are two 125s and a Scooter.

It has become the UK’s best-selling bike in the 125-650cc motorcycle category.

Source :
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...-uk-bikes-2019
From a business management perspective, it is fascinating to see how Royal Enfield laid out their ambitious global plans and to then co-relate it to the results that they are seeing today. It is easy fodder for a business school case study.

Almost exactly a year ago, this is what Sid Lal said.

Quote:
There is a huge vacant spot in the mid- size modern classic type of motorcycles, and most of the European and American motorcycle manufacturers have moved to bigger motorcycles since they prefer to make low volume and earn high margins. On the contrary, we are going after scale.

So the market there usually starts at 850cc, and we are coming at a notch below at 650cc but it has similar attributes. So we have a home market, which is giant in terms of scale, and it gives us the right cost structure and we also price our products to get the scale. And with lower cost structures then we can get some cracking (read, extremely competitive) prices for the international markets.

Customers are delighted about our prices in US, UK and Europe. To establish the brand, we have expanded our distribution network a lot and are giving a lot of support and service even beyond the distribution network. It’s a long-term strategy. It took us almost 15-20 years in India to get to this point and may be in the next couple of decades, we can get the same success in other markets.
Source.

If we look at export numbers, Royal Enfield has exported almost exactly the same number of bikes as they sold in India for a total of 24,555 motorcycles on the 650 platform for this financial year up to September 2019. Source.

So India isnt just acting as a base for affordable cost manufacturing, it is also a good home market for Royal Enfield's 650 platform. If they can launch more motorcycles on the same capable 650 base, things can only get better for Royal Enfield. Talk about a turnaround.
neil.jericho is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 16:23   #1362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
A scrambler based on the 650 platform should be a no brainer. Royal Enfield had the ingredients with the 535 platform but missed the boat at that time.
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-capture.png

Guess what was showcased by Royal Enfield at EICMA? Im surprised none of the media outlets have picked up on this.

neil.jericho is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 18:38   #1363
BHPian

Happy to announce I'm taking the leap!

Getting my Baker Express tomorrow.

Gonna get leg guard, bash plate, and fork gaiters(though i don't think this is really needed), the large windshield, and the touring seat.

Gonna do a PDI early on, and hopefully drive off into the afternoon like a boss...
ashishk29 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 18:44   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Happy to announce I'm taking the leap!

Getting my Baker Express tomorrow.
Congratulations!!

Better not get the touring seat, and get the stock seat customized.
Since the touring seat has the same slim dimensions, many are unhappy with the touring seat as well.

In case you are from Pune, DM me your number, will get you added to Pune owners group, lot of fun people and rides.
We have the one year anniversary ride planned for 17th Nov in Pune, organized by RE.
ishan12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 19:40   #1365
BHPian

A slight showroom issue there :(

May get delayed a day or two. Let's see.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks