Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2019, 08:37   #1261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagnajit View Post
Did you try this? Care posting a few pics of the result?
Yes I did. I kind of got somewhere with it. But will still require a bit more effort to get rid of those minor surface scratches and match the finish to the exhaust pipes.

Here's a photo from when I went for the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride in Bangalore.

I'd highly recommend Meguier's Metal polish for motorcycles if you can get a hold of it.

It also helps remove those marks on the end of the exhaust tips.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20190929_092237.jpg  

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th October 2019 at 10:08. Reason: Back to back posts
TheParsiStig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 11:16   #1262
BANNED

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Surely it makes no sense to go for spoked wheels if your predominant travel involves roads and adventure means a rather flat gravel / fire road
Not exactly.

It all dwindles down to experience, the convenient option is suited for the amateur where as the reliable option is more suited for the experienced rider. Which coincidentally is the case with all things related to motorcycles be it the Carb v/s FI or the AC vs DC Ignition and what not.

Considering design and material used the Spoke setup is best suited for abuse, but when it comes to weight and convenience the Alloys do have their perks.

But then the convenience part is questionable, because an Alloy is completely useless the moment it suffers damage that would prevent the bead from sealing, where as even with a bent rim/spoke you could still keep riding but only at a slower pace.

Hence irrespective of whether you ride off-road or on-road(Indian context) it ultimately depends on the riders experience that determines which would be best suited for his/her use.

I run both Alloys and Spokes and weight quite a bit(literally weigh more than one of my motorcycles), plus I travel with quite a bit of luggage at interstate speeds, I've had my fare share of potholes and ruts and even in spite of owning a Bajaj(presumably low quality) motorcycle I've never managed to crack an Alloy or bend a Rim.

This could be attributed to luck or most probably to using basic commonsense to NOT use the front brake before impact as it drastically compromises suspension travel resulting in shock transferred to hard components.

Who knows.

Quote:
Here's a video from a ride I went to last week.
I have to say that it is quite refreshing to watch some desi content worth watching(Finally!). Keep up the good work!

Though a point to note is that the guy with gray hair who tries to fix the lady's bike is misinformed, banging the brake lever or rather any aluminum component for that matter back to shape is never the ideal measure.

Even if by chance he manages not to break anything, he still has put undue load on the MC piston which coincidentally on most motorcycles with Bybre MC's come with ones made out of plastic.

Hence it would be best to use leverage next time or better carry spare levers.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 5th October 2019 at 11:18.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 14:23   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheParsiStig View Post

I'd highly recommend Meguier's Metal polish for motorcycles if you can get a hold of it.

Any pointers in Bangalore to get the product?
Me too looking for buying meguiar metal polish....
Old 6th October 2019, 00:53   #1264
BHPian

Do the front suspension of the GT/interceptor bottom out on potholes or speed bumps? Because my Gt clearly makes thud sounds on them and i remember reading about this issue here but wasn't able to find that thread again. Anyone else faced this issue or if found any solution?
Old 6th October 2019, 09:21   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirumalkumaran View Post
Any pointers in Bangalore to get the product?
Me too looking for buying meguiar metal polish....
As far as I'm aware, no one in Bangalore is selling this. You could find it on Amazon.in but its nearly 3 times what it costs in the US.

I had a friend flying in and so he got me 2 jars.
Old 6th October 2019, 22:50   #1266
BHPian

Hello everyone, I had been eyeing the Interceptor 650 ever since its launch. Had a brief test ride a few days back, and except for a few ergonomic flaws, I am quite tempted by what RE is offering. Now I'm in no hurry to get a motorcycle, so a few questions linger in my mind.

First and foremost, the heart vs head battle. The dealer nearby is quoting a 4 month waiting period. In that case, would it make sense to wait for a while and get the 2020 model rather than jumping the gun now? When are Bharat VI regulations going to come into effect? Also, the news about RE planning to introduce a few more variants/accessories as per earlier posts is another reason why I am holding back on the purchase. One morning I get up thinking about all these, the next day I tell myself to just go and bite the bullet! Any pointers?
Old 7th October 2019, 10:54   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheParsiStig View Post
As far as I'm aware, no one in Bangalore is selling this. You could find it on Amazon.in but its nearly 3 times what it costs in the US.

I had a friend flying in and so he got me 2 jars.
Can he make it 3?
will come to your place and pick it up.. please!!!
Old 7th October 2019, 13:56   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
One morning I get up thinking about all these, the next day I tell myself to just go and bite the bullet! Any pointers?
I was in the same spot, but I decided to go for it. For me the bike is just perfect, I love the minimal features and proper classic machine looks. So far there are no news or spy shots of the twins testing out new models. So doubt how long will it take for the new twins to come out. The only new feature I noticed after the price hike was the clear lens headlight cluster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Do the front suspension of the GT/interceptor bottom out on potholes or speed bumps? Because my Gt clearly makes thud sounds on them and i remember reading about this issue here but wasn't able to find that thread again. Anyone else faced this issue or if found any solution?
Have been riding my INT for more than two weeks and have been thru terrible potholes. My INT suspension did not making any sound like you are mentioning rather the center stand makes noise as it is a bit loose. Will be be fixing the spring action soon. Isn't the GT's suspension a bit stiff compared to the INT? Other GT owners might shed some light on this.

Last edited by amrutmhatre90 : 7th October 2019 at 14:09.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 14:45   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirumalkumaran View Post
Can he make it 3?
will come to your place and pick it up.. please!!!
No sorry. He already got it for me a few weeks back.
Old 7th October 2019, 15:09   #1270
BHPian

Hey folks - have been following this thread closely. Got my INT650 Orange Crush 3 weeks back. Completed 500 kms and the first service. Some observations -
1. Riding position - Needs to be changed. Have pulled the stock handlebar back but still it is low. Will be going for an after market one to enable me an upright position
2. Seats - That flat seat was a pain in the butt after 200 kms of riding. Also I suffer from lower back problem. So need a good seat like that of the FZ25 which happens to be my other ride. Feel that the FZ25 hard seat offers way better support compared to hthe INT650 seat. Will also try and fix that.
Anyone has any experience with the touring seat from RE on the INT650 on long rides? Does it offer adequate lumbar support?
3. Suspension - High speed travel over undulations on highways is sometimes scary due to the softer setting. Will be changing it to the harder setting and check.
Apart from that, the bike pulls cleanly upto 120 kmph. Wind blast is directed towards the helmet with the taller fly screen. Will see if the Avenger or Himalayan wind screen fits.

Regards,
Kaustubh Vaze
kaustubh_vaze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 15:11   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Isn't the GT's suspension a bit stiff compared to the INT? Other GT owners might shed some light on this.
Both the Int and GT have the same suspension, only the factory setting on the Int's rear suspension is on the softest, while on the GT is two notches stiffer.
I always felt my Int was no so planted on the highway speeds and the overall bike used to feel a bit vague, specially on rough patches and ghats on the highway.
Just bumped up the suspension to two notches on the stiffer side, it made a world of difference in terms of how the bike handles on the highways and twisties now.

I would suggest other Int owners to try this and see how well the bike handles.
ishan12 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 15:14   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
I dont have experience with the RE650, but many of the front forks for such 'standard bikes' are built to a price point unlike the superior front forks on sports and premium bikes. I too had the thud sounds over potholes on my Triumph Bonneville SE and I used these RICOR Intiminators, and post installation, the thud is almost fully gone, unless I hit a really horrendous pothole.

Our fellow member gthang has done a nice write-up on this product and its relatively simple installation, which can be done by any good mechanic with experience on front fork work. Not sure if its available in India, but you can order online internationally as its a small item.
These are not bike-specific, but based on fork diameter size.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...iminators.html (Harley Sportster Front suspension upgrade - RICOR Intiminators)

Last edited by Haroon : 7th October 2019 at 15:19.
Haroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 15:18   #1273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustubh_vaze View Post
Got my INT650 Orange Crush 3 weeks back.
Congratulations. I thought you were buying Vstrom 650.

Quote:
Wind blast is directed towards the helmet with the taller fly screen. Will see if the Avenger or Himalayan wind screen fits.
Himalayan wind screen fits, you can also try Puig. Avenger wind screen would be too big in my opinion.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 15:32   #1274
BHPian

Yesterday 4 -5 riders from our royal enfield 650 owners group went for a highway ride and unfortunately one of them met with an accident, the culprit was a pickup truck coming from the wrong side on the highway
From what I have heard the rider wasn't wearing the belt of his helmet and was riding on the speeds upwards of 100 kmph. His skull got fractured and he's in a critical condition. With the lauch of 650 at an affordable price we Indians have got our hands on too much power but we mustn't forget that our highways aren't safe at all, there's no traffic sense and no rules are followed whatsoever, being on a motorcycle we are always vulnerable. Wear proper riding gear always, ride at sensible speeds and be extra aware of our surroundings while riding.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20191006wa0001.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20191006wa0003.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20191006wa0004.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 15:35   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
Royal Enfield is really wasting an opportunity here. The engine and chassis is now proven.
They should launch a "Deluxe" variant for both Interceptor/GT with:
  1. Upside down forks
  2. Fully adjustable rear shocks
  3. Alloy Wheels
  4. LED lights
  5. Better paint/chrome
  6. Maybe higher tuned engine
They can easily sell this for 1lakh more. I will be first in line to buy it.
I'll probably be second in line

I'd totally buy this upgraded package for a lakh extra. My only current conflict with buying the interceptor is the lack of alloy wheels, better suspension. I totally love that engine, and even the design. But a retro cruiser can still do with some modern features.
The console for me is a letdown, especially considering how wildly inaccurate the fuel gauge is (yes, i have seen this happen first hand. Not saying based on just reading other messages).
Even without the add on package, i would never buy a bike with spoked wheels and tubed tyres in 2019.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks