Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2019, 01:33   #1186
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priyan View Post
Saw this new clear headlamp unit in the latest batch of Interceptors in the showroom in Chennai. Looks nice, same unit of the current Himalayan.

Asked for a replacement cost for my Int., no information yet.
Wow. Looks neat. Anybody here have more info on this? My bike is ready for delivery, should I ask for this?
Old 23rd September 2019, 05:37   #1187
BHPian

I’ve booked the GT650 over a week ago. Went for the black magic colour and it’s available in stock. I also opted for finance and the loan got approved 2 days ago. The concern is, when I asked the dealer to share the VIN number, they’re refusing to do so. The rep even said there’s a charge of 2,500/-

I’m surprised here. I’ve always gotten to know the vin number before I signed any loan document. That’s my way of making sure that the vehicle is of course not an old one rotting in the yard.

Any thoughts here? How have you guys been getting the vin numbers?
gigatech2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 05:55   #1188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
I got the Vin after the lot landed at the dealer and I made the payment. Unfortunately they weren't budging on sharing the number before that, but I got the agreement that I can switch to a different bike/Vin if any issue (like older bike or a problem or damage).

The chances of a "older" vehicle being handed over to you isn't probable; these bikes are in demand. The only issue I see if you are handed a bike with some damage and not being able to do a pdi prior to payment/registration. So work it out with your dealer and take an informed call.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 11:40   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resfeber View Post
Hello all.

Got a call from Teknik Motors to take delivery of my bike. I asked them to fit fork gaiters and sump guard but the sales person said it can be done during first service only. I told him I want them installed when I take delivery but he insisted that can be done only in the first service!

Should I insist on getting them fixed during delivery or should I follow the sales person's advice?

Thank you.
These are having an installation requirement, as the forks have to be removed for installing the gaiters, and silencers have to be removed during installtion of sump guard. There are 2 ways to look at it.
Installing at the delivery phase might mask any manufacturing defects in those parts, as it might create a confusion why the defect has occured.
Or,
Since these are chargeable, they can club the installtion charge during servicing to pocket some money.
thirumalkumaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 12:16   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priyan View Post
Saw this new clear headlamp unit in the latest batch of Interceptors in the showroom in Chennai. Looks nice, same unit of the current Himalayan.

Asked for a replacement cost for my Int., no information yet.
Hmm, In terms of functionality, this may be better.
But, strangely, I would prefer the older unit for it's old world charm.
Old 23rd September 2019, 12:25   #1191
BHPian

Touching 1000 kms on the interceptor 650 and had the first fall.....or rather a gentle lay down for the bike if you may.
Was washing the thing on sunday and on moving the beast, it just happened to tilt on a 50 degree angle. Needless to say, i couldnt handle it and had to gently put it down to prevent damage. Boy is it heavy to pick up, now i am 6'ft 1 and hit the gym 4 days a week. To top it off the 12 year old running around the parking comes and tells me, Kya bhaiya, choti bullet bhi nai utha paate ho :(
the badi bullet is apparently the standard 350 his father drives.
Old 23rd September 2019, 14:33   #1192
BHPian

Bike touched 2500 this week, a couple of interesting things happened in between though.

I composed a long mail to RE customer care and the CEO defining all the issue I am facing with the bike - front shock thudness and the rear tire wobble.
Next day morning about 6.30AM I get a call from a guy informing that he is on his way from Chennai and would meet me at the SC by 10.30AM.
I meet him at the SC - a nice chap with really good technical knowledge and his presence in the SC made a lot of people follow the process which they otherwise don't take serious.

He takes the bike and drops at my home by 8.00PM, all is well and good with my bike. It drives better than day I took delivery of it.

Front fork tubes changes under warranty, tires realigned. He accepts that the front portion was really bad and it deserves a replacement, regarding tire issue - he said that the tires are in good shape and the alignment was wrong and it's fixed now.

Totally happy with the bike now, need to take the seats home next time to get it reshaped. No other mods planned.

Bike is great, rides well.
psmenon is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 20:29   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmenon View Post

I composed a long mail to RE customer care and the CEO defining all the issue I am facing with the bike - front shock thudness and the rear tire wobble.

Bike is great, rides well.
Please share the email ID(PM will also do) .. I would like few things to be addressed as well
Old 24th September 2019, 06:15   #1194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairanupg View Post
To top it off the 12 year old running around the parking comes and tells me, Kya bhaiya, choti bullet bhi nai utha paate ho :(

Talk about product/brand awareness! During a city drive, a roadside vendor quips to me - Is that the new Jawa?
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 09:53   #1195
BHPian

Any word on the OEM alloy wheels arriving yet?
Old 24th September 2019, 10:33   #1196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairanupg View Post
Touching 1000 kms on the interceptor 650 and had the first fall.....or rather a gentle lay down for the bike if you may.
Was washing the thing on sunday and on moving the beast, it just happened to tilt on a 50 degree angle. Needless to say, i couldnt handle it and had to gently put it down to prevent damage. Boy is it heavy to pick up, now i am 6'ft 1 and hit the gym 4 days a week. To top it off the 12 year old running around the parking comes and tells me, Kya bhaiya, choti bullet bhi nai utha paate ho :(
I am 5ft'7, have never been to gym, have a lean body and after reading your post i think it's time to install some supporters on my GT like the ones kids have on their cycles
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 11:14   #1197
BHPian

I aint kidding mate. It holds its weight pretty well when its upright. But its a pain in the wrong part at an angle. Never felt any issues when the thing is moving though
nairanupg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 11:36   #1198
BHPian

Hi folks. I am doing a marketing and consumer study for a project and thus need some input pertaining to bikes and biker communities. If you could spare a min of your valuable time to answer 6 short Multiple choice questions, it'd help me greatly.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link

thank you in advance.

Note to Mods: if this is an inappropriate post, please move it to wherever its appropriate, or remove it. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Old 24th September 2019, 12:42   #1199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Any word on the OEM alloy wheels arriving yet?
Royal Enfield is rumoured to be launching a couple of new variants of the 650 platform at one of the upcoming international motorcycle shows. I assume we we will get a variant with alloy wheels after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
The concern is, when I asked the dealer to share the VIN number, they’re refusing to do so. The rep even said there’s a charge of 2,500/-

I’m surprised here. I’ve always gotten to know the vin number before I signed any loan document. That’s my way of making sure that the vehicle is of course not an old one rotting in the yard.

This is the first time that I have ever heard of a dealership saying that there will be a fee for getting the VIN. Which dealer is this?

I dont see why RE should withhold the VIN. Why dont you ask for a PDI and get the VIN yourself? Since the bikes are selling quickly, it is unlikely that you will get a bike more than a couple of weeks old.
Old 24th September 2019, 15:01   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resfeber View Post
Hello all.

Got a call from Teknik Motors to take delivery of my bike. I asked them to fit fork gaiters and sump guard but the sales person said it can be done during first service only. I told him I want them installed when I take delivery but he insisted that can be done only in the first service!

Should I insist on getting them fixed during delivery or should I follow the sales person's advice?

Thank you.
If he seems adamant on not giving it at the time of delivery take it to another showroom/ service centre and get it done.

Remember, Sump Guard fitment will take at least an hour or so as it requires removal of the exhaust header pipes.
TheParsiStig is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks