Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2019, 17:26   #1156
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirumalkumaran View Post
Does this look normal to you guys?
The insulation of clutch cable melted due to the heat of silencer...
Currently a zip tie and insulation tape is doing the job of keeping them distant.
But, does it warrant a replacement?

p.s. sorry for the potato quality photo...
Well it looks like only the top plastic coat melted due to the exhaust pipe, the inner metal casing is intact so no need to replace the whole cable just because of that. I know it's a new bike so it hurts seeing things like this but it's a motorcycle, many more things will happen as you ride more

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsenroy View Post
what is the estimated waiting period for the INT 650 in Delhi?
Well you can call all the royal Enfield showrooms in Delhi and enquire for the availability of the bike, sometimes people cancel the bookings and maybe it's your lucky day
Old 9th September 2019, 17:39   #1157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
can you please share photos of the AOM Handlebar?
There you go -

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_5200.jpg
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_5206.jpg

Its pretty upright and comfortable.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 17:51   #1158
BHPian

Hello all,

Went to CVS Motors (Kalyan Nagar, BLR) to test ride the Interceptor 650 with my wife to check if she's happy with the comfort. The salesperson whom I had known from my previous purchases helped me with the test ride. Wife was happy with the comfort and she couldn't believe it was indeed an RE bike. She sometimes rides my Classic too and she gave a big thumbs up.

Back to the showroom, happily gave back the key and sat down to discuss pricing and delivery. The salesperson said - "Sir, Can you please book your bike elsewhere? We can't deliver Interceptor this year. It may take well over 4 months, I suggest you to book from Jayanagar RE showroom, since it is owned by RE itself".

Apparently they have some logisitic issues with RE is what he said. But, I didn't want to go to Jayanagar to book my bike and he helped me the contact number of a salesperson who works in Yelahanka RE showroom (Acclaim Motors, I think). Acclaim salesperson said it can be delivered within a month of booking.

Is this normal? At least I'm happy that they aren't giving any false promises and has potentially saved me some headache.

First CVS' servicing was hopeless and looks like sales aren't that keen either. Anyways, guys looking to book Interceptor at CVS Motors, please look elsewhere!
Resfeber is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 18:13   #1159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post

Its pretty upright and comfortable.
Never knew you had it on your bike Avinash, will ping you offline as i needed a few more details on this.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 18:14   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resfeber View Post
Hello all,
First CVS' servicing was hopeless and looks like sales aren't that keen either. Anyways, guys looking to book Interceptor at CVS Motors, please look elsewhere!
I think the availability scene is getting better. Some dealers are even giving immediate deliveries. I got mine in less than two weeks.
I can PM the sales guy's number if you want.
Ohh!Oxygen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 18:28   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh!Oxygen View Post
I think the availability scene is getting better. Some dealers are even giving immediate deliveries. I got mine in less than two weeks.
I can PM the sales guy's number if you want.
Please do PM me the number

May I know which dealer is this as well?

Thank you.
Old 9th September 2019, 18:47   #1162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Never knew you had it on your bike Avinash, will ping you offline as i needed a few more details on this.
I found the AOM handlebars better then stock for comfort. Its loosely based on the RD350 hadlebar with a cross brace. Handlebar is noticeably wider, and they claim it offers better control especially offroad. Its tall and raises the grip position by around 1.5 inches. Stock cables are just about ok. The handlebars come with their own weight, and are powder coated black. The quality is so-so as the welding of the nut interested into the bar end cracked due to barkbuster fitment. In general, its a decent alternative to handlebar riser. Anyone wanting to try it for a few days can borrow the one i have. some pics when i had it on the bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20190615_061349.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20190615_061426.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20190615_061430.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 19:38   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirumalkumaran View Post
Does this look normal to you guys?
Absolutely. Get it replaced under warranty. The sleeve has a purpose else why have it. Change it before the rust develops further inside and the cable breaks mid way.

Last edited by ampere : 9th September 2019 at 19:50.
Old 9th September 2019, 23:14   #1164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
I found the AOM handlebars better then stock for comfort. Its loosely based on the RD350 hadlebar with a cross brace.
I would like to take you up on the offer if thats still on the table. Maybe not even try it but just have an in person feel of the same.

Quote:
Hello all,

Is this normal? At least I'm happy that they aren't giving any false promises and has potentially saved me some headache.
Are you looking for a specific colour? When I booked my baker express in July at Techni Motors, Indiranagar, the Orange interceptor and one of the GTs was available within 4 days.
Old 10th September 2019, 08:43   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Thanks. Any first hand recommendations for the same?
Ceramic Pro are the best in the business and also the most expensive.
You could also go to Shivaji Nagar and find a guy who'll probably do as good a job at a much lesser price.

I bought this and did it myself https://www.superceramiccoating.com/

There is a noticeable difference between coated and uncoated parts of the bike.
The coated bits stay dry and have lesser dust on it after having ridden it in the rain the last few weeks.

Leave the bike untouched for a day or 2 after its done and avoid contact with water for another 3 days. The longer the drying period, the better the effect of the coating. I even coated the visors on my helmets.
TheParsiStig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 11:24   #1166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would like to take you up on the offer if thats still on the table. Maybe not even try it but just have an in person feel of the same.
A taller handlebar is always a better option then using a RISER as the riser introduces more joints/pivot points which have more chances of failure incase of additional load. I have a handlebar from AOM lying at home. Please feel free to take it and install it on the bike and ride it for few days to check it it works for you or you want to go back to stock and try it with risers.
nasirkaka is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 16:42   #1167
BHPian

Stumbled upon this.
Old news, still posting. Also recently have been seeing lot of people from around the world posting of their twins on FB pages.
Looks like the twins are doing good in international markets too.

Royal Enfield 650 exports higher than sales in India – June 2019

https://www.rushlane.com/royal-enfie...-12318182.html
Old 10th September 2019, 18:48   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
A taller handlebar is always a better option then using a RISER as the riser introduces more joints/pivot points which have more chances of failure incase of additional load. I have a handlebar from AOM lying at home. Please feel free to take it and install it on the bike and ride it for few days to check it it works for you or you want to go back to stock and try it with risers.
Thank You! Still waiting for my bike to be delivered. Will PM you as soon as I get her home.
Old 12th September 2019, 19:13   #1169
BHPian

Quote:

!
Depending on the color your wait time can be pretty short with some of the mentioned outlets. I got my Chrome GT in 3 weeks.
666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 20:41   #1170
BHPian

Booked Orange Crush at Teknik Motors, Indira Nagar. Wait time- 1 month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks