Are you referring to this?

ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 14:49   #917
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Are you referring to this?
Yes, Exactly. Only difference is that I don't have to tap the handlebar to trigger it.
It starts on its own within a second of letting the handlebar loose.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th July 2019 at 14:54. Reason: broken quote tag fixed
Old 10th July 2019, 15:56   #918
BHPian

I took delivery of my Interceptor on 6th April 2019. Ridden for just 1500 kms, mostly within the city, with a few long rides within the 100 km range. My observations are as follows

1. Suspension is very hard
2. Initially had an issue with false neutral which was solved by adjusting the gear lever position. I lowered the gear lever a bit. Now the problem seems to have vasnished.
3. At a stop light, or when ever I stop the bike, I bring the gear to neutral. The N light glows, indicating that the bike is in neutral, but quite a few times when I have released the clutch (with the confidence that the bike is in neutral), it gives a jerk and stalls. The N light comes ON even though the bike is in some gear.
4. Enough has been mentioned about the lousy headlamp
5. The clutch lever has to be adjusted for excess play every 15 days
6. At stop and go traffic, specially crawling traffic, the bike seems very sluggish. as it does not have any power at all. As the rpm builds up it accelerates strongly.
Old 10th July 2019, 16:28   #919
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
Yes, Exactly.
Better to ignore it if the wobble doesn't interfere with handling when you have your hands on the bar.

This is quite a common occurrence, and can be attributed from several factors, some as petty as even tire pressure or tyre thread pattern or even rear overhang, and it is not worth the effort to have every bit of the motorcycle taken apart and interfered with to rectify the same.

Plus, this is not triggered by a tight T Stem but rather a loose one. So I guess the SVC simply made up a reason to put you at ease or genuinely made a honest mistake when trying to convey the same to you.

Quote:
Only difference is that I don't have to tap the handlebar to trigger it.
It starts on its own within a second of letting the handlebar loose.
Used to be the same for me until I changed my tires, guess our Indian road surfaces need no provocation to set a wobble in motion.

BTW, these aren't tank slappers, this is just the motorcycle trying to correct itself by design due to forks being aligned at a rake angle.

Cheers,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 16:53   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Better to ignore it if the wobble doesn't interfere with handling when you have your hands on the bar.
Honestly speaking, I just cant ignore this, as this is a brand new bike and after spending 3 big ones you would expect a level of quality. Although, I knew I was taking this risk when opting to buy from the initial batches.
As far as I know, a motorcycle/ bicycle or any 2 wheeler for that matter is designed to be stable when moving in a straight line with or without holding the handlebar.

This issue can not be related to type pressure as I ensured recommended tyre pressure whenever I checked.
Also, the service guys replaced the tyre with another bike and the issue still occurred, so problems with rim/ spokes etc can also be ruled out.
As for the T stem, after they changed the nut, the issue did reduce quite a lot but still not fixed.
As of now I am still going to chase them till it is fixed, as this is not a normal behavior (even for a 97cc splendor )and could be dangerous if it increases specially on a bike capable of 150+ speeds.
ishan12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 17:21   #921
BHPian

I think i am under the influence of "black magic"
Meet gollum, an obedient servant who can kill you as well
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190710wa0012.jpg  

yesyeswe is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 19:53   #922
BHPian

Urgent help required
After taking the delivery of my bike at around 3 pm i received a call from the showroom regarding the extra tax which i'll have to pay. My bike was billed on 8th of July in full cash payment and insurance was done today from an outside agent at around 9 am. Today the budget of Rajasthan state was announced under which road tax has been raised from 8% to 13%, this 5% increment would result in ₹ 14k. I received a call from the dealer that maybe i'll have to pay the difference of 14k. They were not sure themselves and they said they would call me with the correct information. But my bike was billed 2 days ago so why should i be paying the difference in tax? Does anyone have any knowledge regarding this, it would be really helpful
Old 10th July 2019, 20:14   #923
BANNED

Quote:
Honestly speaking, I just cant ignore this, as this is a brand new bike and after spending 3 big ones you would expect a level of quality. Although, I knew I was taking this risk when opting to buy from the initial batches.
As far as I know, a motorcycle/ bicycle or any 2 wheeler for that matter is designed to be stable when moving in a straight line with or without holding the handlebar.

This issue can not be related to type pressure as I ensured recommended tyre pressure whenever I checked.
Also, the service guys replaced the tyre with another bike and the issue still occurred, so problems with rim/ spokes etc can also be ruled out.
As for the T stem, after they changed the nut, the issue did reduce quite a lot but still not fixed.
As of now I am still going to chase them till it is fixed, as this is not a normal behavior (even for a 97cc splendor )and could be dangerous if it increases specially on a bike capable of 150+ speeds.
You have left me speechless sir.

I pray you find what you seek.
Old 11th July 2019, 06:25   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Urgent help required
After taking the delivery of my bike at around 3 pm i received a call from the showroom regarding the extra tax which i'll have to pay. My bike was billed on 8th of July in full cash payment and insurance was done today from an outside agent at around 9 am. Today the budget of Rajasthan state was announced under which road tax has been raised from 8% to 13%, this 5% increment would result in ₹ 14k. I received a call from the dealer that maybe i'll have to pay the difference of 14k. They were not sure themselves and they said they would call me with the correct information. But my bike was billed 2 days ago so why should i be paying the difference in tax? Does anyone have any knowledge regarding this, it would be really helpful

It doesn't matter if you paid the dealer, solely depends upon if the RTO registration is done. The tax is paid at the time of registering the vehicle (which can't happen without the insurance in place). So if the law has been passed and your bike is yet to be registered at the RTO then you'll have to pay the new tax rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Is your issue resolved? Plz share what the RE SVC guys did.

Apart from one spark plug cap not functioning I had a malfunctioning o2 sensor (they were removed while installing the sump guard). The SC removed and refitted it properly with sealant to ensure moisture doesn't get in. Since then the bike has been performing fine.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th July 2019 at 08:36. Reason: Back to back posts merged
adises is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 11:59   #925
BHPian

Update on the issue-
After getting the bike back from SVC, rode it for around 50-60 Kms in the last 2 days.
Initially the issue seemed to be reduced, but now it is back to how it was before.
The extent of wobble is such that you can feel the handlebar trying to shake when riding between 80-90 Kph. This is exactly the speed one would ride most on the highways, so you can not ignore the issue even if you wanted to.
Service guys have taken the bike back to the SVC.
Lets see what happens this time.
Old 11th July 2019, 13:10   #926
BHPian

I wrote my comments while at office. While riding home, the speedometer stopped functioning. The speedo needle was not moving above zero. Today went to the service station. They replaced the speed sensor under warranty. Just hoping that it does not happen again.
Old 11th July 2019, 13:39   #927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After getting the bike back from SVC, rode it for around 50-60 Kms in the last 2 days.
Initially the issue seemed to be reduced, but now it is back to how it was before.
The extent of wobble is such that you can feel the handlebar trying to shake when riding between 80-90 Kph. This is exactly the speed one would ride most on the highways, so you can not ignore the issue even if you wanted to.
I am really sorry to hear that the parts are getting into malfunctioning mode one after the other in series in most of the bikes

Royal Enfield : Are you seeing this thread? Your definition of Quality(?) is showing up in your Premium segment.

Last edited by gkveda : 11th July 2019 at 13:41.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 16:40   #928
Senior - BHPian

Seems like a many small and big issues are slowly surfacing with 650 twins. Its reported less on forums like Team-bhp and discussed much more on whatsapp groups associated with twins. A lot of it seems like result of negligence at service center but there are some quality concerns as well. Plug Leads getting loose on multiple bikes, meter console fogging up, isolates issues with RR units, Battery not charging, blown fuses, etc. But overall, the bike is been holding pretty well so far. For a totally new product from scratch up, and selling huge numbers, the issues reported are far less. And Good on RE where any major issue is directly taken up and handles by the manufacturer. Most riders are very happy and enjoying their rides. I have not had any major issue with my interceptor so far, touch wood. Man-Machine ergonomic issues are there but cant be clubbed with technical/quality faults. Good show RE.
nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 21:24   #929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update on the issue-
It is one of the first things the mechanics should have checked but, did they check both wheels to see if they need balancing?
A out of balance wheel will create exactly the problem you describe.
Sometimes the most obvious things are overlooked.

Last edited by ArizonaJim : 12th July 2019 at 21:26.
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 21:30   #930
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
A out of balance wheel will create exactly the problem you describe.
I think you meant that the wheel needs to be trued, cause when it comes to being off balance the forces at play are vertical whereas in this case it's horizontal.

Though I doubt that is the case anyhow.

P.S. I can bet you guys a beer that this only happens at a specific speed range.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 12th July 2019 at 21:46.
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks