Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2024, 08:21   #4501
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Installation of PoweRage Headers

The package has two headers, a package of bolts and washers and nuts, a manual, a DIY instruction diagram, a keychain and a sticker. Very well packed, I must add.

It is an easy job if one wants to DIY, but, I got my mechanic to come home and do the job. It took him 45 minutes. I guess he would have done it faster but for me talking to him all the while. He used to work at Royal Enfield, Erode.

After removing the stock headers, the oxygen sensor was inserted into the right side header, new gasket placed and the pipe was positioned and bolted.The end can was bolted on and all bolts were secured and tightened.

The other side was installed in the same manner. After a thorough wipe down of the pipes to ensure there was no residue on them, we started the bike.No leakage or unwanted sounds.

I took the bike out for a 80 km spin this morning at 4 am. I loved it. I should have bought the headers along with the exhausts. I would have enjoyed the last 17,000 kms better.

The bike seems to breathe better and the savings in weight are significant.The engine does not heat up as with the stock system.The exhaust note is a bonus, a very big bonus.

A very very good buy!!!

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20240731_151447_copy_1024x684.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20240731_151408_copy_953x724.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20240731_213930_copy_768x1024.jpg  

rajeevsulu is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 09:39   #4502
Senior - BHPian

Headers look good. Do these headers go with any of the after market slip on mufflers? I am guessing they would.
Does the bike rev easier now and what about the low end torque? I guess now a good addition to these mods would be the FuelX.

A sound clip or video would be good to hear.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 11:24   #4503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Headers look good. Do these headers go with any of the after market slip on mufflers? I am guessing they would.
Does the bike rev easier now and what about the low end torque? I guess now a good addition to these mods would be the FuelX.

A sound clip or video would be good to hear.
They are a straight fit with all of the aftermarket cans in the market. It does rev easily compared to before. I cannot comprehend any drop in low end torque,and,if it is there, I cannot feel the drop.

I will post a clip shortly (in a couple of days).

Fuel x is next on the list.

Cheers
rajeevsulu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 16:49   #4504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
They are a straight fit with all of the aftermarket cans in the market. It does rev easily compared to before. I cannot comprehend any drop in low end torque,and,if it is there, I cannot feel the drop.

I will post a clip shortly (in a couple of days).

Fuel x is next on the list.

Cheers
If you don’t mind sharing, what did you pay for them? A quick Google search shows that it’s 15k…

I plan on buying a used Interceptor/Continental GT and getting the PoweRage short brushed aluminium finish end cans.

But if I get the headers as well, I’m worried about the free flow system not passing emissions.

Edit: Saw your post above later. But do enlighten me about the emissions. Thanks!

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 1st August 2024 at 16:53.
Old 1st August 2024, 17:07   #4505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
If you don’t mind sharing, what did you pay for them? A quick Google search shows that it’s 15k…

I plan on buying a used Interceptor/Continental GT and getting the PoweRage short brushed aluminium finish end cans.

But if I get the headers as well, I’m worried about the free flow system not passing emissions.

Edit: Saw your post above later. But do enlighten me about the emissions. Thanks!
When I did the PUC with the end cans alone, the test went through. I spoke to the owner of PoweRage and he assured me that the bike would clear emission test with the headers as well. My next emission test is only in February 2025.

Price is 14,990.

Cheers
rajeevsulu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 17:19   #4506
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
Tried searching but wasn't able to figure out recent posts if that answer my query.

Believe the recent updates over the last few pages on this thread are for Vredestein and MRF Zapper tubeless tires. Has anyone changed their tires to tubed tires? If so, could you share which tire options did you go for?

I'm getting my tires changed; my first preference is to stick to tubed options. The spoked wheels look is what still goes for me for this kind of a bike.

Quote:
Stock size. 130/70 and 100/90
Initial impressions are good. Mainly no tramlining which was getting worse on the CEAT.
With the tubeless set up, it feels much easier and smoother to handle the bike.
Tread looks good. Could you share a side-way view of the bike? Also where did you get this done in Bangalore (and cost)? If you already have shared this, it'll be helpful if you could point me to the relevant post.

Edit: Ah, found your post.

Additional Qs - did you source the alloy wheels & tires yourself or Top Gear Thumpers sourced it for you? And what did you do with your old wheels? (hoping they manage to take care of it).

Last edited by ninjatalli : 1st August 2024 at 17:23.
Old 1st August 2024, 17:58   #4507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Additional Qs - did you source the alloy wheels & tires yourself or Top Gear Thumpers sourced it for you? And what did you do with your old wheels? (hoping they manage to take care of it).
I think they can source it for you as well.

I picked up the alloys from Fixwell Motors, JC road and the ordered the tyres online from Throttle and Thump. I think the MRF's are slow movers or because I purchased them online, the set I got were Feb/March made. I received them a month ago.
Old wheels and tyres are with me. I didn't bother asking Top Gear thumpers if they will buy it since I know I'll hardly get anything for it. May as well keep it as back up.

Last edited by tharian : 1st August 2024 at 18:00.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 14:10   #4508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post

Installation of PoweRage Headers

A very very good buy!!!

Cheers

Just a Thought !

Since Bangalore cops have warmed up regarding anything aftermarket (LED bulbs, Exhausts, aux lights etc), what happens if the stock headers are replaced with PoweRage but the exhaust remains stock? Stock exhaust does not attract cops
Does it make sense? Does it sound nice?
Old 2nd August 2024, 14:40   #4509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Just a Thought !

Since Bangalore cops have warmed up regarding anything aftermarket (LED bulbs, Exhausts, aux lights etc), what happens if the stock headers are replaced with PoweRage but the exhaust remains stock? Stock exhaust does not attract cops
It sure sounds nice. I am unable to say whether it makes sense. A free flow pipe and a stock exhaust beats the purpose,I think.

Cheers
Old 2nd August 2024, 19:59   #4510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Just a Thought !

The exhaust note should be similar to stock headers, maybe a slightly louder note, but nothing big. But on the performance side, it will hardly make a difference since the stock mufflers are quite constricted with bafffles and a big catalytic convertor.
The pre cat-con inside the header pipes are small, so getting rid of that and getting a slip -on after market muffler should go hand in hand. You can always get a silent baffle to reduce the sound further.
The sad part about after market exhausts and cops is that they don't use a decibel meter to check the noise levels. Even if they do, they keep it right at the tip of the muffler and redline the engine which is not the right way. or they just look and figure out that the pipes looks different and then fine or confisicate the mufflers.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 22:36   #4511
BHPian

Quote:
The sad part about after market exhausts and cops is that they don't use a decibel meter to check the noise levels. Even if they do, they keep it right at the tip of the muffler and redline the engine which is not the right way. or they just look and figure out that the pipes looks different and then fine or confisicate the mufflers.
Thinking out loud here - is there no way to get an RTO approval for after market exhausts à la color changes? What would it take? A decibel meter to certify the noise levels and a PUC?
a_chelat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 07:42   #4512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
Thinking out loud here - is there no way to get an RTO approval for after market exhausts à la color changes? What would it take? A decibel meter to certify the noise levels and a PUC?
I don't think there is a provision for that. RTO rules are set in stone.

I remember when RE used to sell their slip on mufflers for UCE models that had a nice exhaust note compared to the stock ones, it was clearly inscribed on the metal 'for off road use only'.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 19:27   #4513
BHPian

Does anyone have any experience/ opinion on the offtrails hyperstroke s1 race exhaust?
Old 7th August 2024, 22:02   #4514
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Guys,

I'm getting my tires changed; my first preference is to stick to tubed options. The spoked wheels look is what still goes for me for this kind of a bike.
Loved the alloy wheel look. Totally changes the vibe of the bike. No brainer from a reliability and peace of mind perspective as well. If you plan to keep the bike, the cost of the wheels should be worth it.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2024, 17:50   #4515
BHPian

Modified my initial batch Interceptor after a long time. The bike has covered slightly over 7000 km in 5 years. Not many long drives, as the tubed tyres always kept bothering in the back of mind and had other options with 310GS and Z800. Interceptor has its own uniqueness with a good combination of power and comfort suitable for long rides. Thanks to team bhp contributors on this thread, which helped immensely in my decision.

1. Interceptor 18" alloy on front with Vredestein 100/90 stock size tyre

2. Meteor 17" alloy for rear with Apollo 150/60 tyre

3. FuelX Pro+

Very happy with the upgrades as the road grip, handling, engine smoothness/throttle response has much improved. Alloys and front tyres were bought from Fixwell motors, JC Road and rear tyre from Amazon. Though the alloy designs are different, it is not very evident.

Have Powerage exhausts past 2 years with K&N filters. Tempted to go for the headers as well, but holding back for another day. Am aware of benefits as my z800 has a Termignoni full system with Bazzaz TC, which completely transformed the bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20240811_171103.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20240806_070749.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20240806_071127.jpg  

Mogs is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed