Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2024, 10:35   #4486
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen.ba View Post
Finally, after thinking a lot about switching to alloys or tubeless, I have chosen to go with the tubeless conversion from way 2 speed. I also switched to vredestein tyres and my initial thoughts are that they are way more grippier than Ceat and also the handle feels very light. I got the conversion done at Topgear Thumpers and they seem to be very professional in their process. Will post a review once I do more miles.
Do they mount the tyres onto to the rim as well? I am planning to go sometime this month and I have the tyres and rim with me. Did you have to take an appointment and how long did it take for everything to be done. Thanks.
Old 22nd July 2024, 12:53   #4487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Do they mount the tyres onto to the rim as well? I am planning to go sometime this month and I have the tyres and rim with me. Did you have to take an appointment and how long did it take for everything to be done. Thanks.
I am not sure if they do just the tyre mounting. You need to take an appointment. you can google and reachout to them easily.
Old 22nd July 2024, 13:24   #4488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen.ba View Post
I am not sure if they do just the tyre mounting. You need to take an appointment. you can google and reachout to them easily.
I'll be fitting the wheels there too. I wanted to know if they mount the tyres on the alloys or it is done at a tyre shop and then taken to Top Gear thumpers to fit on the bike.
Old 22nd July 2024, 19:47   #4489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
[h3]

Chain slack was adjusted at FNG. I started using the Plutoline Drytec chain lube.

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz
After reading this,I ordered the chain lube from Bikester Global. It was not available locally or on Amazon.

I must say it makes a very big difference to the way the bike runs.

Cheers
rajeevsulu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 13:22   #4490
BHPian

All,

Is there a consensus on the best alloy wheel combination for the Interceptor? I know, this topic has been discussed multiple times, but I don't think there is one solution/combination which a majority feels is the near perfect fit.

I'm looking to switch from the default spoked wheels to alloy wheels. As usual, most of the options available are in 17" range and I would like to head to that direction. Primary reasons for the switch are (more or less in the order of priority):-
  1. Tubeless tyres
  2. More flickable/nimbler handling
  3. Better tyre options in 17"
  4. Better looks with a fatter rear tyre

I hardly ever go above 110, so even if the switch costs a bit on the top end, that shouldn't be a problem.

From what I have read, the Hunter wheels can be fitted to Interceptor with very little modifications. Not really fond of the styling of Hunter wheels, but I don't think there are other options in plug-and-play.

The only concern I have with 17" fronts is the possible issues with ABS; can that be remediated with any modifications like a different ABS ring?

Looking forward to your advice and inputs.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Old 24th July 2024, 13:42   #4491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
[list=1]
From what I have read, the Hunter wheels can be fitted to Interceptor with very little modifications. Not really fond of the styling of Hunter wheels, but I don't think there are other options in plug-and-play.

The only concern I have with 17" fronts is the possible issues with ABS; can that be remediated with any modifications like a different ABS ring?

Looking forward to your advice and inputs.
Interceptors already come with 18 inch alloy wheels from factory. Why not switch to that if you want a plug and play setup? the 17s are going to be a jugaad anyway despite having the advantage of more tyre options.
b16h22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 14:08   #4492
BHPian

Quote:
Yes they take care of all the work completely right from wheel truing, application, mounting tyre and checking
praveen.ba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 09:20   #4493
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
I'm looking to switch from the default spoked wheels to alloy wheels. As usual, most of the options available are in 17" range and I would like to head to that direction.

Are Hunter/ Meteor's alloys rated to handle Interceptor's weight/speeds?
Interceptor's alloys are designed and tested to handle its top speed and weight.
Not that we end up doing 180s on it, IMO it is always better to have the hardware that is specifically designed for the particular vehicle.
livyodream is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 11:43   #4494
BHPian

Putoline Drytec Chain lube

Surajonwheelz had posted about this chain lube.

I ordered it from Bikester Global and got it delivered a couple of days ago.

The ride is very smooth. A little pricey at Rs.999 but totally worth it.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20240726_112403_copy_553x745.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20240726_113444_copy_765x1020.jpg  

rajeevsulu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 21:46   #4495

Quote:
Got a set of MRF Zapper Hyke tubeless tyres .....
Whats the size of both of them?
Old 28th July 2024, 09:25   #4496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_miles View Post
Whats the size of both of them?
Stock size. 130/70 and 100/90
Initial impressions are good. Mainly no tramlining which was getting worse on the CEAT.
With the tubeless set up, it feels much easier and smoother to handle the bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_6542.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_6541.jpeg  

Last edited by tharian : 28th July 2024 at 09:27.
tharian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2024, 18:51   #4497
BHPian

Finally managed to clear the fuel tank water drain issue. For the last few months water was not draining from around the fuel lid and I had to manually take it out with cloth.
I used a thin cable like the accelerator cable and was able to clear the block. I took a bit of effort and perseverance to get the cable through the drainpipe. I removed the tank bolts and disconnected the drainpipe from the tank to the bottom of the bike. ensured the cable is able to pass through and then put it back again.
I would recommend that this drain be cleared at regular intervals so that water does not accumulate in the drainpipe and cause issues in the long run and also stop water ingress into the fuel tank. I have seen a few videos where people have had complete blockage and they had cut the tank and fix a new pipe. Saves all these hassles.
praveen.ba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 22:03   #4498
BHPian

Quote:
Stock size. 130/70 and 100/90
Initial impressions are good. Mainly no tramlining which was getting worse on the CEAT.
The tread design/pattern looks strikingly similar to the Pirelli sportcomps that the bike originally came with. No copyright issues here, MRF? Though the Pirelli's had excellent dry grip but tramlined horribly especially once worn off slightly. Hope that behaviour isn't related to this tread pattern/design and these MRF's fare better.
Old 29th July 2024, 23:51   #4499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtach View Post
The tread design/pattern looks strikingly similar to the Pirelli sportcomps that the bike originally came with. No copyright issues here, MRF? Though the Pirelli's had excellent dry grip but tramlined horribly especially once worn off slightly. Hope that behaviour isn't related to this tread pattern/design and these MRF's fare better.
The tread design theft is quite rampant in the Indian motorcycle tyre sector in recent times. Especially after the tyre import restrictions. Interestingly, MRF is not the only one guilty of it. The Ceat Zoom Rad X1s for example looked exactly like the old Metz M5s.
b16h22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 10:30   #4500
BHPian

PoweRage Exhaust Headers

While I got the Powerage exhausts installed on my Interceptor 7 months ago,I was shying away from getting the headers. I ordered them last week and got them delivered last night.

They came beautifully packed and the pipes are a beauty to look at. Brushed steel finish and at probably half the weight of the stock pipes.

I am heading out to get these pipes fixed. I shall update this thread about the performance.

Cost of the headers Rs.14990-/ with free shipping.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20240729_190833.jpg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 30th July 2024 at 20:48.
rajeevsulu is online now   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks