Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2024, 16:12   #4441
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
These devices will just reduce the clutch action, check the movement of the clutch with and without this device. It might end up damaging the clutch. I have an interceptor and the clutch is pretty easy to operate. How old is you bike ? Trying changing the clutch cable.
I know, was apprehensive about the same and that is why I dropped to their corporate office to discuss about the online reviews and got an explanation on how to check for issues. As long as the installation is done right, one doesn't have to bother about clutch wear as per them. It is just comfort > cost.

Quote:
How old is you bike ? Trying changing the clutch cable.
10 days old and run 500kms . I know its too soon, but I dont think I can live with hard Clutch action.
Old 17th June 2024, 20:38   #4442

Hi there folks! long time lurker here

I have a 7 month old interceptor, just got its 2nd service done. I am facing a weird issue with it. When I ride the bike for 15-20 mins or 4kms due to heavy traffic, the engine when its really heated up(not abnormal heat), it starts to rev down slowly. For example, whether i pull the clutch or not, if i rev the bike, it revs up fine, but when revs are coming down they are slower than normal. Even if I am in gear or in neutral. This doesn't happen when colder or even moderately hot, just starts in the aforementioned time. And the idle rpm rises to about 1300ish.

My daily commute is of about 8kms in total usually in bumper to bumper traffic, rarely getting to use the 3 and 4th gear, most of the commute is done in 2nd gear at about 2100 rpm. I hope the engine isnt overheating, no CEL though.

About a month or so ago, i got the CEL 2 times and the service centre guys just cleared the code, which were regarding the o2 sensors. It hasnt appeared since. And i can feel the bike backfiring when revving down from higher revs, so its running rich, could the sensors be an issue?

I have cleaned the relays and put di-electric grease on them but havent changed the stock 4 pin relays. Also i seem to be missing the 4th relay for the accessories but people on yt seem to have them pre installed.

Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks!
Lasagna59 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 22:54   #4443
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

I am planning to buy a used Interceptor and found the bike listed below on OLX. I am going to inspect it this coming weekend. I am also actively searching through online classifieds for a few other low-mileage bikes. Is the asking price reasonable? How much can I negotiate? The owner mentioned that the price is fixed. Please advise on what I should specifically check for the Interceptor.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-screenshot-20240617-9.56.468239pm.png

Details:
  • Make: September 2022
  • Mileage: 4,800 kms
  • Insurance: Valid until September 2024
  • Last serviced: December 2023
  • Battery replaced: 4 months ago
  • Asking price: 2.95 lakhs

The brand new Interceptor 650 Mark2 costs 4.2 lakhs on-road, including mandatory accessories.
Old 18th June 2024, 10:15   #4444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTorque View Post
Hello BHPians,

I am planning to buy a used Interceptor and found the bike listed below on OLX. I am going to inspect it this coming weekend. I am also actively searching through online classifieds for a few other low-mileage bikes. Is the asking price reasonable? How much can I negotiate? The owner mentioned that the price is fixed. Please advise on what I should specifically check for the Interceptor.

Attachment 2617923

Details:

The brand new Interceptor 650 Mark2 costs 4.2 lakhs on-road, including mandatory accessories.
The bike looks really well kept and in new condition. The price is also reasonably fair. I think you should go for it. Even if you consider price of a new one you still end up saving money. 4800 kms is nothing as good as a brand new engine.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 12:09   #4445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTorque View Post
Hello BHPians,

Attachment 2617923

Details:

Check the service history to see whether the extended warranty has been availed. The price seems decent in my opinion, although I would advise you to bargain a bit and bring it down. Try to have a cold start and see how the bike is. Check whether it starts without any issues and note the idling rpm, which should be about ~1.5k rpm when cold and later drop to around ~1.2k. Ride the bike throughout the rev range and listen for any abnormal noises. Check the user manual that Royal Enfield has posted to see the rpm range for each speed in each gear, and ride the bike within that range to ensure everything is functioning properly. Throughout the ride, listen for abnormal noises and check for stalling at low speeds in first gear.

The most important thing you should do is take the bike to an authorized Royal Enfield showroom. Have them check its service history and ask the service center folks to thoroughly inspect the bike. If you tell them that you plan to service your bike with them immediately after purchase( whichever bike you plan to buy) , I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to check it thoroughly. Also, check for wobbling issues and see whether the gear shifts are smooth, especially from 1 -> 2 -> 3 and vice versa.

Last edited by V0rtex : 18th June 2024 at 12:22. Reason: added a few more points
V0rtex is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 18:44   #4446
BHPian

20,000 km service update

My Interceptor completed 20,000 kms and went for its service today. Oil,oil filter was changed and brake fluids were topped up. Air filter and spark plugs were changed as per schedule. Both brake pads were inspected and deemed worthy of another 6 to 7000 kms,the rear ones worth for even more.

I got the rear suspension setting hardened by two points for a firmer ride.

I got the front Ceat changed to a new one even though the old one had some life left. I had already begun to feel the front grip coming down and did not want to take a chance with the rainy season about to begin.

The final invoice came to 4650 including taxes.

Attaching invoice and tyre change pictures

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20240618_151716_copy_1024x768.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20240618_183217_copy_1024x768.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20240618_183452.jpg  

Last edited by rajeevsulu : 18th June 2024 at 18:46.
rajeevsulu is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 20:33   #4447
BHPian

Hi all
I need to get one of those shifters which allow you to shift with the heel as well. I am using a pair of motocross boots that don’t let me put the toe under the shifter to push it up.

Any suggestions? Is it called a heel shifter? Can anyone with experience point me to some good options?
viXit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 09:52   #4448
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Is this an Interceptor? Someone in the comments saying its (brake failure) common at altitude? Scary would be an understatement!

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 10:24   #4449
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
https://Youtube.com/watch?v=UEGqNS4f...GhGZ7JvuDDkqyj

Is this an Interceptor? Someone in the comments saying its (brake failure) common at altitude? Scary would be an understatement!

Cheers, Doc
This has happened to me once while decending from Yelagiri hill, i was riding little enthusiastically. The rear brake stopped working, the pedal will go down completely till the stopper but no effect, even pumping the brake did nothing. Rear brake disk/caliper was not that hot, and i was using engine braking as well. Have done similar riding on other bikes but never ever has happened. I slowly made my way down and after few mins it started working back again, like it never happened. I showed it to the service center and they said master cylinder needs to be changed, it was not available that time and i havent got around changing it. Its been more than a year now and never had that issue again. I have done hill riding couple of times more but never experienced it again.
Rahulkool is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 11:04   #4450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
I have done hill riding couple of times more but never experienced it again.
Woah. Once would have been more than enough for me. Granted I've never paid much (any) attention to any RE save the Himalayan these past 15 years, but this is the first time I'm hearing about this issue. About the 650s it was always the seat, the suspension and the handling till now.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 14:57   #4451
BHPian

I have done two uphill/downhill rides to Yercaud and one to Ooty and back. One has to really brake hard and I never ever had any brake fade or loss of brakes. To say brake failure is common at high altitude (in the comments) is a little too far fetched,in my opinion.

Cheers
rajeevsulu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 15:14   #4452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
I have done two uphill/downhill rides to Yercaud and one to Ooty and back. One has to really brake hard and I never ever had any brake fade or loss of brakes. To say brake failure is common at high altitude (in the comments) is a little too far fetched,in my opinion.

Cheers
Maybe Yeracud is not the high altitude they are referring to.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 07:25   #4453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post

Any suggestions? Is it called a heel shifter? Can anyone with experience point me to some good options?
Yes, it’s called a heel shifter.
Old 24th June 2024, 13:06   #4454
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I was flipping through the instagram feeds where in one of the person has fixed the front brake lever with the one belonging to Meteor costing just INR 240 in place of the adjustable brakelever which is costing INR 7000.

He has claimed that, the entire process took just under 2-3 minutes for getting this job done.

Has anyone in the forum tried this ?? I feel this would be a better viable alternative instead of spending INR7000 for the same.

Cheers !!
mjkaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 13:40   #4455
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
Hi Guys,

I was flipping through the instagram feeds where in one of the person has fixed the front brake lever with the one belonging to Meteor costing just INR 240 in place of the adjustable brakelever which is costing INR 7000.

He has claimed that, the entire process took just under 2-3 minutes for getting this job done.

Has anyone in the forum tried this ?? I feel this would be a better viable alternative instead of spending INR7000 for the same.

Cheers !!
As far as i remember the adjustable lever doesn't cost 7000rs, there was some printing mistake in the initial lot MRP.
Rahulkool is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed