Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2024, 15:46   #4411
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
It was a 30 minute job and I was ready to head back home with the new set of wheels.
Congrats on your beautiful new bike! Lovely to have a readymade plug and play option like this. What did you do with the OE spoked wheels? How much did this swap additionally cost you?

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 18:22   #4412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Congrats on your beautiful new bike! Lovely to have a readymade plug and play option like this. What did you do with the OE spoked wheels? How much did this swap additionally cost you?

Cheers, Doc

Thank You
I had to porter the old wheels back to my home and is lying there since then. Not sure what to do with them.

OE Allys and Vredestein tyres costed me 25K all inclusive.
livyodream is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 15:10   #4413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
Here is my Aug 2019 Interceptor, bought pre owned in Dec 2020.
The mods you see here are........................................
Hello gharika,

Where in Chandigarh tricity area are you getting these mods done from?
Asking since I too belong to Chandigarh and would like to start with some similar mods on my Interceptor (acquired a couple of months ago).

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Old 5th June 2024, 00:13   #4414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
Hello gharika,

Where in Chandigarh tricity area are you getting these mods done from?
Asking since I too belong to Chandigarh and would like to start with some similar mods on my Interceptor (acquired a couple of months ago).

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
I have used multiple sources for the various mods but all done on my own, so let me know or DM me if I can assist with anything.
gharika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 00:23   #4415
BHPian

Re: Interceptor 650: Rotary switches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirthy View Post
On my 2019 Interceptor, I'd like to swap older BS3- type toggle switches for rotary switches (on 2023 models onwards). But I don't want to cut/modify the wiring in any permanent way.

I'd also like to swap both the front levers, clutch lever holder and the front brake master cylinder. I like the old grips, prefer retaining those. But if they don't integrate well, might swap them as well.

In short - swap all items on the handlebar except for the handlebar and mirrors.

Anyone who's done this before? Would welcome any tips or advice before I venture out to look into this - especially with switch connectors - are they plug and play or need some custom work?

I've attached the pics of new switches and levers for reference.
I have done these mods using Meteor handlebar, meteor Controls, meteor grips and meteor levers (including master cylinder). The main issues you will face will be with the throttle cables. Clutch cable is easy and compatible. Connectors are not plug and play, you need to understand the layout and color codes of the wires and follow these steps:
1. Note layout of each connector and it's purpose of the original controls
2. Note wires for new controls
3. Take out cable pins from old connectors
4. Take out cable pins from new connectors
5. Plug in the pins of the new controls to old connectors, now they will plug right in to original harness

It's not as complicated once you are able to write them down, the purpose of each wire pin of old and new controls and map them one to one
Old 5th June 2024, 00:58   #4416

Quote:
I have done these mods using Meteor handlebar, meteor Controls, meteor grips and meteor levers (including master cylinder).
Are the Meteor and Interceptor handlebars same dia? - wondering if that's the reason you chose for the handlebar switch, apart from switch cube locating holes.

Quote:
The main issues you will face will be with the throttle cables.
You mean changing from screwed+fixed to both cables screwed?

Quote:
5. Plug in the pins of the new controls to old connectors, now they will plug right in to original harness
Was expecting this. Three questions:

1. On the RH side, does the front brake switch connection remain the same?
2. To use the hazard indicator function, does the flasher need to be swapped?
3. On the LH side, did you leave the "info" button unplugged? - I'm planning to use it as pass switch, since it's ergonomically better situated.

Evaluating the rotary switch cube options between Meteor, Super Meteor, Shotgun, and 2023+ Interceptor models - any materials differences (plastic vs aluminium) and compatible handlebar diameters.

Thank you for your comments.
Old 5th June 2024, 14:35   #4417

My FNG and I have managed to fit the Hunter's 17 inch front rim to my Continental GT650. Needed to get 2 parts fabricated.
1. An adapter plate to fit the GT650's brake disc (with 6 bolts) to the rim (5 bolts).
2. A custom spacer for the speedometer cable.

Has the same benefits and drawbacks as any other 17 inch conversion with the added bonus of close-to-OEM finish and aesthetics.

I saw someone above wanting to swap their old switchgear with the new one. Apart from obviously needing custom connectors since the wiring harness is different, you would also lose out on fitting the BS3 headlight switch from the 500s in case you have an aux light or an aftermarket headlight installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20240327_120332.jpg  

sab3r2th is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 16:10   #4418
BHPian

Is this the resting RPM of interceptor? Feels too high.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-unnamed.jpg
Old 5th June 2024, 16:10   #4419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirthy View Post
Are the Meteor and Interceptor handlebars same dia? - wondering if that's the reason you chose for the handlebar switch, apart from switch cube locating holes.

You mean changing from screwed+fixed to both cables screwed?

Was expecting this. Three questions:

1. On the RH side, does the front brake switch connection remain the same?
2. To use the hazard indicator function, does the flasher need to be swapped?
3. On the LH side, did you leave the "info" button unplugged? - I'm planning to use it as pass switch, since it's ergonomically better situated.

Evaluating the rotary switch cube options between Meteor, Super Meteor, Shotgun, and 2023+ Interceptor models - any materials differences (plastic vs aluminium) and compatible handlebar diameters.

Thank you for your comments.
The dia is the same, though the location of pins differs.

Meteor uses a single throttle cable. Lengths also differ.
Front brake switch is same, but since I got the handle bar as a kit, the grips, brake switch, brake lever and controls were already mounted. Only needed to add Meteor master cylinder and lever. Total cost around 8k.

If you go for the adjustable levers or metal controls, the cost is significantly higher.
Hazard indicator function is not retro fit, I am utilizing it to switch on my own hazard kit.
Info button I am using to change the pattern of hazard, I won't recommend using it for pass as it may not be designed for the higher load needed by headlight high beam.
All controls utilize the same handlebar dia though the holes for control pins will differ. And the cost varies a lot.
Old 5th June 2024, 16:12   #4420
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2612854
Mine settles at 1200 after warming up, this looks slightly high at 1400 if it's not cold start but nothing to bother, check after running it for a while.
Old 5th June 2024, 17:51   #4421
BHPian

Quote:
My Interceptor idles at 1100 rpm.

Cheers
Old 5th June 2024, 18:08   #4422
BHPian

Quote:
Mine settles at 1200 after warming up, this looks slightly high at 1400 if it's not cold start but nothing to bother, check after running it for a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
My Interceptor idles at 1100 rpm.

Cheers

Which means 1500 is indeed high. Is there a way to reduce it like in Carburetor days?
Old 5th June 2024, 18:36   #4423
BHPian

Quote:
Which means 1500 is indeed high. Is there a way to reduce it like in Carburetor days?
Use good fuel and a good injector cleaner. Throttle body cleaning would help.
Besides that don't try or fiddle with it. You will invite more problems if given in inexperienced hands.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 18:56   #4424

Quote:
Originally Posted by sab3r2th View Post
... you would also lose out on fitting the BS3 headlight switch from the 500s in case you have an aux light or an aftermarket headlight installed.
Yes, my plan was just to install BS3 headlight switch to convert AHO to switchable. TBH, I like the BS3-switchgear for their simple design, good ergonomics (pass switch especially).

Just giving the new rotary switches a thought. Maybe I can use the hazard light switch for headlight on/off. Will think through.
Old 5th June 2024, 19:22   #4425
BHPian

Friends,

I have been facing a very peculiar problem with my Interceptor 650 (bought pre-owned with around 33k kms on it).

The problem is, that if I leave the bike parked for a few days (ranging from 5-10 days), the battery goes kaput and the bike refuses to start. The starter motor fives a tick-tick sound (like it used to be in the case of older cars when battery was down). Sometime, I'm able to push start it, sometimes even that fails. I got the battery replaced under warranty a few weeks back, but the problem remains.

Last night, I tried to start it after 9 days (was out of country) and it didn't start again.

Could it be that the alternator is not working correctly? Or should I get something else checked?

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
jsrakkar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks