Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2024, 08:53   #4336
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
This is the GT650 rearset conversion kit that Hitchcocks sells for the Interceptor. You can use it as reference.
Obviously, you can buy them for a reasonable price from a dealer if you are in India. I am sorry, but I don't have the pricing details.
Thank you Viju, the image itself is quite helpful. Now I can show this and have the parts ordered and will update here when I get them.
Moose is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 14:52   #4337
BHPian

I finally got my Inty Black Ray home last saturday and the experience till now has been nothing short of awesome. I’ve completed 200 kms in the last 2 days with late night runs to airport, accessories stores and food joints.

Buying experience:

I initially made a booking in November and was waiting till mid-march with no sign of delivery. The tentative date kept moving away. Decided to cancel and make a custom booking at the same Company Store, Hyderabad who mentioned that the bike’s chassis number would be allotted to my booking in 48 hrs and will be delivered in 11-15 days. But it took 35 days and I didn’t make a fuss about it. At the time of delivery, few accessories were unavailable like the Deluxe touring dual seat and tall fly screen. The same were ordered on Amazon and had the store guy fix the tall flyscreen while the seat arrived later.

They royally messed up the clutch freeplay when the handle is tilted to the left by routing the cable below the large engine guard’s middle ‘rod’ that I figured out once I was home and rectified myself by rerouting the cable. They’ve also given Form 22 of Classic 350 Stealth Black of some other guy which I noticed once I was home and when called, they sent it via Rapido and guess what, I had to pay for it. Didn’t make a fuss about it and let it end there. So, to speak, the booking to delivery experience was a mixed bag with no updates or mess ups. The extended warranty I opted for 5 years is yet to be updated. They’re very humble though, and don’t try to include any additional charges, or credit card fees or charge high on insurance premiums and that’s the upside. In Hyderabad at least, unless you are ok to wait longer, for a normal booking of any of the 650’s, from my personal experience wouldn’t recommend them.

Initial impressions:

Torque: The bike is a peach. Torque is everywhere and riding it slow or fast, you’ll always grin ear to ear.

Weight: It definitely is heavy and the slippery feel due to polish while getting used to, I had to be mindful of the weight while taking tight u-turns or reversing down a steep incline.

Engine heat: It definitely gets hot and reminds you of a hot parallel twin between your legs in traffic but doesn’t throw any hot air if you get the point unlike the liquid cooled engines directing hot air in traffic at the shin. You’ll feel the heat but not the hot air blowing.

Fit and finish: I haven’t seen any imperfections on the contact points and RE did improvise on the fit and finish levels of Inty. Paint on the Black Ray is just perfect but demands maintenance. No screws or nuts were loose.

Comfort: I don’t have any experience riding with stock seat nor have I ridden long enough till date to comment on the touring seat which comes with custom booking but it was comfortable for in city runs. My father as a pillion was fine with the seat as well but complained of grab points due to the torquey nature even when I was gentle on the throttle. The knee bend was an issue for pillion though and I addressed the same by relocating the pillion footpeg using HDT customs pillion footpeg relocater. I didn’t have any problem with rider footpegs coming from Cbr 250 and never hit the shins even in city runs or while moving the bike in parking but the footpegs being close to the engine meant I had to be very mindful of the boots touching engine very often and addressed the same by installing the pro-spec eazy brake.

These were my initial impressions and will add further experience once I ride more. Just to add, the exhaust note is sweet, a faint whistle with mild burps and rumbles, as sweet as a parallel twin can sound and perfect for my requirement of touring or short rides. Won’t ever be going for the aftermarket exhausts or air filter as the aftermarket exhausts are bassy only to the people nearby but not to anyone at least 5 metres away and I don’t want to create any noise. No offence to anyone who has them on but just my perspective!

List of accessories currently on:

1. Deluxe touring dual seat
2. Pillion footpeg relocater
3. Large engine guard - black
4. Sump guard- black
5. Tall flyscreen
6. Pro-spec eazy brake
7. Raida rainpro XXL cover.

Accessories to be installed, ordered or upgrades planned.

1. Pillion footrest to be installed behind stock pillion footpegs on the hdt customs frame.
2. Clean the relays off of RE’s stock grease and apply Permatex dielectric grease.
3. Ordered spare relays just in case and will carry them along.
4. Aux lights from Maddog in the upcoming months as the stock LED headlight is all show, no go. Halogens were much better.
5. ADV style foldable mirrors.
6. Will install the tank bag for grocery shopping which I already have from earlier.

Will add my further experience after first service as and when I get to open a bit more, albeit gradually.

Sharing pics of the bike at depot, delivery day, accessories on it.

At the depot for inspection:
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_1159.jpeg

D-day
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_1270.jpeg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_1319.jpeg

Tall flyscreen:
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_1353.jpeg

Deluxe touring dual seat:
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_1408.jpeg

Footpeg Shifter - pillion:
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_1391.jpeg

Last edited by raiuday : 23rd April 2024 at 14:54.
raiuday is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 28th April 2024, 02:24   #4338

Congratulations on your Inty. I am also from Hyderabad and booked my Barcelona Blue last week and the delivery date shown is mid September :(

I see your ordered the bike with touring seat but changed it to the Deluxe double touring seat. Wondering why and was the touring seat not good enough?
Crank270 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2024, 14:38   #4339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank270 View Post
Congratulations on your Inty. I am also from Hyderabad and booked my Barcelona Blue last week and the delivery date shown is mid September :(

I see your ordered the bike with touring seat but changed it to the Deluxe double touring seat. Wondering why and was the touring seat not good enough?
Thanks alot! Hope you get yours sooner and we can catch up for a ride.

I actually had a booking without the touring seat and waited for 4 plus months with no sign of delivery and the app kept pushing tentative dates further. That’s why I decided to make a non-refundable custom booking with the touring seat so as to get a quicker delivery. Somehow RE has separate model codes for custom and non custom of the same colour (VUCN60BY and VDDJ60BY respectively for Black Ray) and comparatively lesser queue for custom one. That’s the only reason I got the touring seat but my pillion (Father & sister) weren’t comfortable with the tapered finishing of the touring seat.

The deluxe touring dual seat is flat, wider slightly, has more contact area length wise for pillion with no tapered edges throughout the length of the seat and is comfier. From the rider’s perspective, I did a 300 km ride yesterday and it didn’t hurt my back or compress like the stock seat. I could move back a little and have more seat area under me

Last edited by raiuday : 28th April 2024 at 14:44.
raiuday is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 17:46   #4340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiuday View Post
I actually had a booking without the touring seat and waited for 4 plus months with no sign of delivery and the app kept pushing tentative dates further. That’s why I decided to make a non-refundable custom booking with the touring seat so as to get a quicker delivery. Somehow RE has separate model codes for custom and non custom of the same colour (VUCN60BY and VDDJ60BY respectively for Black Ray) and comparatively lesser queue for custom one.
Like seats, Can alloy wheels be booked as a custom order for a bike of a different shade?
livyodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 18:00   #4341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Like seats, Can alloy wheels be booked as a custom order for a bike of a different shade?
At this moment, RE only treats the inclusion of touring seat as a custom/ non refundable booking. One can add other accessories without the seat as well but the booking would be considered a refundable one and currently alloys cannot be accessorised upfront.

You might have to check with your sales advisor to get the alloys ordered separately from the service center along with tubeless tires and see if they can get them installed at the time of delivery.
raiuday is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 11:11   #4342
BHPian

Quote:
With Interceptor 650, process has always been to order alloys/tubeless tyres separately from Service center in case one wants alloys/tubeless convenience with any of the non-blacked out variants.

But, there is a twist in the tale now. I took delivery of my Sunset Strip 3 days ago from company store at BTM layout, Bengaluru. My plan was to take the vehicle directly to service center (which is at the ground floor of the same building) and get the alloys fitted. But, I came to know at the time of invoicing that, RE had recently hiked the Vredestein tyres price from 9.5k (for the pair) to 20k (for the pair) while the same tyres are available at 12-12.5k (for the pair) in the market.

So I eventually got the alloys/tubeless tyres fitted at Top Gear Thumpers (owned by a bhpian) yesterday.

Transformed the bike from ...

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20240428_093302.jpg

to ...

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20240429130402.jpg

Last edited by pachchu77 : 30th April 2024 at 11:15.
pachchu77 is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 11:33   #4343
BHPian

Hi Riders,

I see all new bikes with the pre-load setting of the rear shocks at the lowest (softest). Dial in a couple of notches and see the difference!

The C-spanner is provided in the tool box, try it.

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 11:56   #4344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiuday View Post

Footpeg Shifter - pillion:
Attachment 2597990
Is this a RE accessory? Can you share more details about this as i was not able to find it with the dealer here? Thanks
Abeer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 12:16   #4345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Hi Riders,

I see all new bikes with the pre-load setting of the rear shocks at the lowest (softest). Dial in a couple of notches and see the difference!

The C-spanner is provided in the tool box, try it.

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz
Thanks for the info! I’ve noticed a certain nervousness at highway speeds at the rear. Was planning to figure out over the weekend on what could be wrong.
Will give it a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
Is this a RE accessory? Can you share more details about this as i was not able to find it with the dealer here? Thanks
I’ve ordered it from HDT customs and it has 3 positions for relocating the pillion footrest on both sides. If your pillion has smaller foot size, you can try relocating the footrests to middle position. Else you’re better off shifting the footrests to the first position closest to the stock mounting point.

If you’re interested, you can order from their website

https://www.hdtcustoms.com/product/p...terceptor-650/

There are several other products as well and you can search on YouTube for Interceptor pillion footrest relocator and go for the one that suits you.

Last edited by raiuday : 30th April 2024 at 12:17.
raiuday is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 15:13   #4346
BHPian

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Inty/ GT’s relays tend to give up and the bike just stalls abruptly. Several forums online did mention the issues with earlier 5 pin relays but the same persisted with the newer 4 pin relays as well. RE gunks up the relay sockets with Lithium grease, like a lot, and that eventually heats up the relays and spreads over the entire sockets, blocking free conductivity between the relays and connectors.

Solution? Get the factory grease off with a electronic contact cleaner (WD-40 electronic contact cleaner is what I used). You may choose to replace the relays altogether with 4-pin 12V 20A or 30A SPST relays from good brands like Bosch, Panasonic, Denali etc., but I’ve not done it although I had spare relays, as my bike is just a week old. Might do it if I face any issues in the future.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_1547.jpeg

Read the full process in the new dedicated thread:

DIY : Cleaning the relays of a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Last edited by Aditya : 7th May 2024 at 11:02. Reason: Split to a dedicated thread
raiuday is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 17:27   #4347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu77 View Post
I took delivery of my Sunset Strip 3 days ago from company store at BTM layout, Bengaluru. My plan was to take the vehicle directly to service center (which is at the ground floor of the same building) and get the alloys fitted.
Attachment 2600704

Looks neat . Assuming you did this as you did not like blacked out version.

Could you post the cost breakup of the alloys/tyres please.
livyodream is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2024, 11:50   #4348
BHPian

Quote:
Looks neat . Assuming you did this as you did not like blacked out version.
Yes.. somehow on RE bikes I like chrome exhausts better. On the other hand I don't want to compromise on 'tubeless' convenience either. Because I'm an out and out D-I-Y guy but in my case this (Do-It-Yourself) is my statement to the mechanic

So, I waited for a year for RE to offer alloys/tubeless as a standard accessory on Make-It-Yours app, but that didn't happen. In the meantime, I bought a Classic 350 (of course with factory fitted alloys/tubeless) and had a great time with it clocking close to 9k in 11 months. I still miss my Classic 350 for I had so much fun with it so much so that I always used to take a round-about route whenever I rode it to the park for morning walks.

Quote:
Could you post the cost breakup of the alloys/tyres please.
Below are all the key data points. Pls help yourself

============================

Timeline :

Sold off the Classic 350 - 7th April.

Booked Inty 650 Canyon Red at Company store, BTM Layout, Bengaluru - 8th April.

Changed the colour to Sunset Strip - 11th April.

Bike reached the Depot - 17th April.

Invoicing done - 20th April.

Insurance done - 22nd April.

RC number generated - 23rd April.

Delivery taken - 27th April.

Accessories Fitted :

OEM Alloys (Front and rear) - ₹ 16,500

Vredestein Centauro ST Tyres (Front and rear) - ₹ 12,000

Black Deluxe Touring Dual Seat - ₹ 5,950

Tinted Tall FlyScreen - ₹ 2,150

Silver Oil Filler Cap - ₹ 1,050

Silver Large Engine Guard - ₹ 3,350

Silver Sump Guard - ₹ 2,500

ModernTechPitStop Back rest - ₹ 2,170 (includes shipping charges)

Items 3-7 in the list above are purchased at RE store, hence there was a standard 10% discount on the MRP.

OTR Price Breakdown :

Ex Showroom Price - ₹ 3,06,000

Road Tax - ₹ 62,201

Insurance - ₹ 23,906 (Zero Dep, RTI)

Ext Warranty plus 5 Years RSA - ₹ 8,999

Accessories - ₹ 44,170

Total - ₹ 4,45,276

pachchu77 is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2024, 17:47   #4349
BHPian

Quote:
Items 3-7 in the list above are purchased at RE store, hence there was a standard 10% discount on the MRP.

Where did you pickup 1 & 2 from in Bangalore? Debating between Barcelona Blue vs Canyon Red + Alloys.
sprocket is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2024, 17:57   #4350
BHPian

Quote:

Timeline :

Booked Inty 650 Canyon Red at Company store, BTM Layout, Bengaluru - 8th April.

Changed the colour to Sunset Strip - 11th April.

Bike reached the Depot - 17th April.

So there is hardly any waiting period for Interceptor. That's really good to know.
livyodream is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks