Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2023, 07:45   #4036
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosailor View Post
I think RE has just done some cosmetic updates to these stock seats. I started to feel uncomfortable after 80+ km ride. So went ahead and booked new Black Deluxe Touring Dual Seat. Being a new product its no where in stock, so still waiting for getting delivered from Official Company Store.
Hi,

Have you got the seats now? if so, your feedback is highly appreciated. I'm planning to order one and would love to hear how the experience was for others before I commit.

TIA
Old 19th September 2023, 10:32   #4037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Hi,

Have you got the seats now? if so, your feedback is highly appreciated. I'm planning to order one and would love to hear how the experience was for others before I commit.

TIA
If you have the option to get an aftermarket one custom made or ready made, I would suggest that. I have the new touring seat which is wider and has a slightly scooped front and wide base for the pillion too.
I have been using it over a month now and did a long ride as well. I wouldn't say it is something which does wonders compared to the stock or the older touring seat I have. The cushion is less, but the positive is since the seat plate is wide, I can add cushion if I need it. The pillion is who is more comfortable with this seat compared to the other seats. For me, I felt it needs more padding. Maybe I need to replace my backside next.

The problem with the stock seat was it was narrow and has less padding. The other touring seat had padding, but was narrow and the pillion area was less because of the design of the seat. This one is better since it has more useable area especially for the pillion, but again less padding and mainly, no sliding forward and backwards when accelerating and braking.
Looks, I felt this new touring seat looks the best on the bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_3866.jpeg  

Last edited by tharian : 19th September 2023 at 10:36.
tharian is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 11:58   #4038
BHPian

Anybody having the crrrrrr sound before the relay clicks and starts the bike??

I have had this issue where in if I hold my hand to the relay it makes a crrrrrr sound and then clicks.

I went ahead and got myself interface make relays which seem so much better in quality.
Stil the new relay also makes the same sound.
Infact all three I placed in the socket next to the fuel pump relay and all make the same sound.

I cleaned the sockets of white goop and a tooth brush and inserted new relays.

Any suggestions??
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 23:20   #4039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_k_p View Post
After reaching home, I got a call from service center that they have to replace the battery with a cost of around 3k. Bike is sti at the service centre and I will get more update by tomorrow.
On your new battery, keep an eye on the battery light on the console. If the battery light comes on while the bike is idling at say a traffic stop, time to check the RR unit.

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by Aditya : 24th September 2023 at 06:23. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
JayPrashanth is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 09:43   #4040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Anybody having the crrrrrr sound before the relay clicks and starts the bike??

I have had this issue where in if I hold my hand to the relay it makes a crrrrrr sound and then clicks.
I had this issue around a year back. Initially I ignored it. Later it led to starting trouble where the starter relay stopped working sometimes. Then after a few retries the starter relay worked. Then slowly the frequency of occurrence increased. I suspected the infamous relay failure. So I took the bike to svc center and they confirmed it was the starter relay failure and replaced it under warranty.

I am not sure if you changed only the starter relay or even the fuel pump relay. Better get it checked from svc center once.
samcan123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 10:42   #4041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
I had this issue around a year back. Initially I ignored it. Later it led to starting trouble where the starter relay stopped working sometimes. Then after a few retries the starter relay worked. Then slowly the frequency of occurrence increased. I suspected the infamous relay failure. So I took the bike to svc center and they confirmed it was the starter relay failure and replaced it under warranty.

I am not sure if you changed only the starter relay or even the fuel pump relay. Better get it checked from svc center once.
Thank you so much. I have replaced all four pin relays with good aftermarket ones. Yet am having the same issue.
Old 24th September 2023, 18:32   #4042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
On your new battery, keep an eye on the battery light on the console. If the battery light comes on while the bike is idling at say a traffic stop, time to check the RR unit.

Cheers,

Jay
Sure buddy, I'll remember this.
Thank you!
Old 25th September 2023, 15:18   #4043
BHPian

So last night I took out the baffle in my SS motocorp 2x1 exhaust system and took a video to check how the exhaust note is without the baffle. I've only ever ridden without the baffle once on a short highway spin but put it back upon realizing how loud it is.

Last night upon decel, I noticed the bike shoots out flames. The only other mechanical mod/upgrade is a Way2Speed performance air filter with a stage 2 plate. The video has made me realise that I can't keep postponing the FuelX upgrade to play around with the Air Fuel mixture
2legit2quit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 18:31   #4044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
If you have the option to get an aftermarket one custom made or ready made, I would suggest that. I have the new touring seat which is wider and has a slightly scooped front and wide base for the pillion too.

Looks, I felt this new touring seat looks the best on the bike.
The new touring seat definitely scores in the looks department.
I tried to cheap out and get a custom one made - did this without the bike (took the seat with me while one a trip to my in laws place) and now I regret it.
I wanted to get something like the new touring seat made, but instead I am left with something that has increased the seat height considerable and has now transferred pressure onto my elbows.
Here's a wip version of the seat, i'll upload finished pics later.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_4971.jpeg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_4970.jpeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Hi,

TIA
If you are going down the custom made route, make sure that you take the bike along, measure seat height properly and get it made right in front of you.

Last edited by jomson13 : 25th September 2023 at 18:34.
jomson13 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 09:25   #4045
BHPian

Hi everyone, just joined the forum. I have a Mark III Interceptor that I bought in Feb 2020. I've only done 9k km on the odo (we all know what happened Mar 2020 onwards!), but looking to put some miles on it this and next year.

I've done some mods on it, AEW exhausts, preload adjusters on the fork, about to put in a Vaishnu headlight, and some other basic accessories. I've previously run it with a 42L topbox and a Himalayan windshield.

I am primarily a mountain biker so always love to take it on the dirt, but also terrified of dropping it as I ride solo usually.
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-original_68f952fc9aff43eb8771d2a4a483cd32_pxl_20230924_024925594.jpg

I've built a few bicycles, right from lacing wheels to everything else. But this is my first time working on a motorbike. And it was one of the reasons I bought the Interceptor as well, as it looked easier to work on. And DIY is also one of my main motivations to join this forum.

I live in North Bangalore and enjoy riding on the b-roads around the hills of Chikkaballapura and Doddaballapura. Some pics to wrap up the introduction.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-pxl_20230924_031409003-1.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-pxl_20230924_0238297012-1.jpg
ostrish is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 21:45   #4046
BHPian

Hi does any one know how to stop the thud noise from the front??
Any solutions that anybody has found? Would using a 5w oil up front solve this issue.

I find this sound to be quite a irritating thing.
Old 27th September 2023, 04:59   #4047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Hi does any one know how to stop the thud noise from the front??
Hi
The shocks need to be tightened once in a while. I get them tightened every 5000 kms. Hope this solves your issue
Cheers
Rajeevsulu
rajeevsulu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 10:54   #4048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrish View Post
Hi everyone, just joined the forum. I have a Mark III Interceptor that I bought in Feb 2020. I've only done 9k km on the odo (we all know what happened Mar 2020 onwards!), but looking to put some miles on it this and next year.
Welcome! My Interceptor is the same colour and registered in the same month as well. Did you take off the reflectors on the fork legs? Mine came with them and the price was hiked by 10k over the previous BS4/5.
2StrokeJunkie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 11:45   #4049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
Welcome! My Interceptor is the same colour and registered in the same month as well. Did you take off the reflectors on the fork legs? Mine came with them and the price was hiked by 10k over the previous BS4/5.
Thanks! Yes, it's the same model. I feel black is the most classic colour and I was happy when they phased it out.

Apropos the reflector, on some off-road excursion I clipped a rock and that bumped most of the left reflector off. So instead of sticking it back, I removed the other one as well. Generally prejudiced against reflectors, not really a wise/objective decision

I've read your Xpulse threads and honestly been tempted to get one for a while now. The lack of mileage on INT is keeping me honest, but some day cookie will crumble. Know so many great trails that are too far to ride on my MTBs.
ostrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 12:14   #4050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrish View Post
I've read your Xpulse threads and honestly been tempted to get one for a while now. The lack of mileage on INT is keeping me honest, but some day cookie will crumble. Know so many great trails that are too far to ride on my MTBs.
Haha pick one up already and let's go riding
2StrokeJunkie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks