Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2019, 09:17   #376
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Got a call from my showroom contact that my CGT650 (Ice Queen) might be arriving in a week's time! I had booked mine on Nov 19th and i hadn't had any update on the delivery until now.

I did ask the guy on the reason for delays and the number of bikes delivered until now.. He said that there are no issues and that the bookings are quite huge. RE has to deliver to all locations across India/Outside and hence the delay. But, the number of bikes delivered (from that showroom) until now are in single digits!

Irrespective of the color of the bike that have been booked, very few have been delivered. There's a definite delay and reasons could be what this thread have been hearing/speculating in the last 2-3 weeks. What are some of the numbers you guys have heard been delivered until now?

Meanwhile, I need to get some riding gear and accessories finalized before the bike arrives.

Last edited by r0ckstar.1 : 1st February 2019 at 09:18. Reason: Spelling correction
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 00:53   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Got a call from my showroom contact that my CGT650 (Ice Queen)

Meanwhile, I need to get some riding gear and accessories finalized before the bike arrives.
Which showroom sir?
Old 2nd February 2019, 08:36   #378
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the custom colours are trickling in one bike at a time. Spotted this yesterday at one of the stock yard

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190201wa0039.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190201wa0038.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190201wa0037.jpg.
ku69rd is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 15:57   #379
BHPian

Accident: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

It was just a matter of time. Too much power. Too little knowledge.
People riding test bikes like track bikes.
Kerala accident.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190203wa0096.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190203wa0097.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190203wa0098.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190203wa0099.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190203wa0100.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190203wa0101.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190203wa0102.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190203wa0103.jpg
Old 3rd February 2019, 18:54   #380
BHPian

Got my Joyride. Have Christened it- ‘Hakuna Matata’. Fun begins :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-52cc25dcdb8345ce9b935139795a5e77.jpeg  

isldhn is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 19:10   #381
BHPian

I had booked my interceptor soon after the launch in Nov 2018. I have been instinctively convinced of the fineness of the twins and was happy to see the conviction confirmed by all the sundry reviews coming-in from all over the world (India, US, UK, New Zealand).

Today I took a relaxed test ride of the Continental GT (although I have booked the Interceptor) and was pleasantly surprised of how well the bike rides. It feels very stable, composed and grunty. I had my 8-year old son riding pillion and he was also excited (it was his first ever motorcycle ride).

One thing that none of the reviewers seem to have noted or, perhaps missed in their excitement, is the absolutely brilliant engine braking characteristic of the 650 twin-cylinder engine. This aspect, combined with the amply celebrated low-end torque, makes the motorcycle a pure, no-fuss, pleasure to ride. On a busy road, I could ride it without much use of the brakes and just the input from the throttle was enough to putter around in the city traffic and just a little twist of the throttle fired it into composed and sure-footed acceleration. The effect was exhilarating.

The brilliant engine, the stable nature of the frame, the tyres and the brakes inspired immense confidence even in a person like me who has not ridden bikes for last 15 years (I was riding bikes when the average audience on this forum were experiencing mobility through their strollers).

Sure enough, I am excited to be riding an Enfield again and that too, in a new avatar with a brilliant new engine. Kudos to the team who created this bike. Looking forward to it.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th February 2019 at 08:43. Reason: edited for better readability & typo
Hoopoe is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 23:10   #382
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: My Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Wow the bike is totalled, not sure why they have to treat them with so much disdain!!
Hopefully nobody was seriously hurt? Any further details on what actually happened. The front fork has given way completely, a life nipped at its bud. My thoughts for the machine.
Old 4th February 2019, 08:57   #383
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: My Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

There has been a mishap in dehradun too. Supposedly the rider was at low speed and wearing a half face helmet. Major facial injuries.

Probably a case of sudden acceleration or tires slipping in the wet.

I found those tires squirming around during my TD. What are your inputs.

This is one pirelli tire I've come to have a dislike about!
Old 4th February 2019, 09:59   #384
BHPian

Initial impressions and booking:

I have owned a Ninja 300 and a Duke 390 in the past. Coming from those bikes I never thought I'll book an RE ever.

After a couple of my friends told me about the 650 twins, I went and test drove the same. Here are some observations:

1. Refinement. Absolutely amazing. No vibrations. Could only push it to 120 during test drive, as I ran out of open stretch.
2. Clutch: Very light and forgiving.
3. Brakes: Good bite. The rear brakes bites very nicely. The front needs a little extra tug
4. Seat height: It's comfortable for people who are 5.4" also. No issues there.
5. Big bike feel and a great sounding exhaust.

Loved it so much that I booked it immediately. Booking amount is 5000.00 and refundable. On road price (Bangalore) for custom colours is 317000.00 as of today. Delivery is expected in June since there is a massive back-log.

Intercepter is selling way more than the Continental GT. 2000+ bookings for the Interceptor vs 25 for the Continental. (Source: CVS motors, Bangalore)

The wait begins...
dextertuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 10:45   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Accident: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
It was just a matter of time. Too much power. Too little knowledge.
People riding test bikes like track bikes.
Kerala accident.
The same pictures were shared on the Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 owners group over the weekend with the same details - dealer test ride bike, rider was admitted to the hospital with serious injuries.

Since the Cochin metro was clearly visible in the background in one of the photos, I forwarded the pictures to a RE contact here in Cochin to find out more details. The temporary registration on the crashed bike made me suspect that it was a customer bike and not a showroom test ride bike. My contact in RE did not have any details of this so called test ride bike accident. Later it was confirmed by a GT 535 owner that the bike was delivered to a customer who had the crash in Cochin. Anyways, hope the rider is safe and makes a speedy recovery.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 11:11   #386
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accident: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Later it was confirmed by a GT 535 owner that the bike was delivered to a customer who had the crash in Cochin. Anyways, hope the rider is safe and makes a speedy recovery.
Oh in another words, an owner crashed his new Motorcycle?
Hope the rider gets well soon
Old 4th February 2019, 11:21   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

I received some interesting details on the 650 twins, courtesy a Royal Enfield Brand Champion.
- The company received way more bookings at launch than expected. The number quoted is 10,000 bookings across India against a target for the quarter which was less than half of that.
- Earlier production capacity was 20 bikes a day.
- RE has improved its production line to now manufacture 80 bikes a day.
- In metros, they are running a campaign to take test ride motorcycles to potential customer homes or offices to make TRs easier.
- They are requesting owners to check service costs and ensure that rogue dealerships don't pad up the services with unnecessary add-ons to increase the bill costs. They are requesting owners to reach out to the company directly in such cases so that they can take action against these dealerships and terminate them.
neil.jericho is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 11:34   #388
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Upon popular demand, here is the Interceptor 650 fitted with the touring seat, which comes standard with the Continental GT 650 and optional on the Interceptor. Looks good and much better on the Interceptor than the GT IMO.

Did the GT 650 seat on the Interceptor actually help reduce the overall seat height? Were you able to experience it? The reason I ask this is that I was taking a slightly hasty u turn on the Interceptor this one time when I felt I could've lost my footing by just a whisker. I felt if I were sat even a few mm lower, I could've handled it with more confidence. For the record I am 5"6".

Also, can anyone else who has swapped the seats on the Twins confirm if the seat height comes down, even if slightly? This feedback will really help. Thanks.
Old 4th February 2019, 12:18   #389
BHPian

Jawa needs to take a leaf out of RE's (Marketing) Book

Quote:
I received some interesting details on the 650 twins, courtesy a Royal Enfield Brand Champion.
- The company received way more bookings at launch than expected. The number quoted is 10,000 bookings across India against a target for the quarter which was less than half of that.
- Earlier production capacity was 20 bikes a day.
- RE has improved its production line to now manufacture 80 bikes a day.
- In metros, they are running a campaign to take test ride motorcycles to potential customer homes or offices to make TRs easier.
- They are requesting owners to check service costs and ensure that rogue dealerships don't pad up the services with unnecessary add-ons to increase the bill costs. They are requesting owners to reach out to the company directly in such cases so that they can take action against these dealerships and terminate them.
This type of proactive and aggressive marketing (coupled with a planned bump in production) will only see these bikes flying off the showrooms & RE laughing all the way to the bank . They have indeed pulled off a veritable coup here. The first mover advantage in the homegrown (& hence cheap) 650cc space along with mouthwateringly low price, the reach pan India and spot on marketing will swiftly take business away from the competition. By the time the competition recovers, the twins will have made their own fan base - something RE is good at nurturing. IMO, Jawa, which again has more than decent offerings in its stable needs to pull up its socks ad learn a thing or two from RE .

Mr Mahindra, time to crank up the RPM in Classic Legends, eh?

Cheers !
Ironhide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 12:30   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here in Bangalore, they have been running test rides on Airport road every Sundays(?), from Embassy Boulevard. They call from the RE call center and inform you about it and fix a slot and provide you with a RE riding jacket, gloves and helmet for those without one.
Also on offer is a breakfast buffet and and a picture in a paper frame of you sitting on the bike taken before leaving for the test ride. By the time you return from the ride which is around 10-12 kms , the picture is ready.

This has been happening since over a month and prospective customers are contacted by the test ride forms that were filled by them in various showrooms.

I had gone yesterday for this since I wanted to ride the GT for a longer duration, sadly the ride was shorter than the GT ride I had on airport road the day the test rides started.
Anyway, got a picture of me on the bike which I can proudly display till I can get my hands on the real one.

Last edited by tharian : 4th February 2019 at 12:32.
tharian is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks