Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2019, 10:03   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Came across this little survey on social media,
Looks like the majority of the bookings is for the interceptor 650.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...UTq3Q/viewform
(No personal information is asked)
Old 29th January 2019, 11:11   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

If you book your 650 now, the bike is expected to be delivered in / after June. This is what was told to me by a sales person in a RE showroom in Cochin yesterday.
Old 29th January 2019, 12:09   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
If you book your 650 now, the bike is expected to be delivered in / after June. This is what was told to me by a sales person in a RE showroom in Cochin yesterday.
Bangalore RE dealers are quoting end April or first week of May. Ok not all dealers but the dealer where I regularly go for my bikes and its servicing.
Old 29th January 2019, 15:25   #364

After following this thread for a long time, I thought of calling the showroom (Soniya Motors, Bhandup) and seek their views on delivery date. I have booked a ravishing red I650 on 30th Dec. During the time of booking they had mentioned 2nd week of Feb as delivery date and yesterday they maintained their stance on the same. I doubt if that will ever happen as people with Nov booking are still waiting but fingers crossed!
Old 29th January 2019, 16:34   #365

I booked Interceptor 650 a month before launch date. I sent then 5000rs for booking but was not given the booking receipt till 15th Nov.

They promised me Mid January and now it is delayed and they keep adding a week. Today they said 1st week of Feb. No idea when they are going to actually deliver.

I booked Ravishing Red from Manmohan Auto, Sector 27, Chandigarh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Came across this little survey on social media,
Looks like the majority of the bookings is for the interceptor 650.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...UTq3Q/viewform
(No personal information is asked)
I filled this, how can we see the result?
Old 29th January 2019, 21:46   #366
BHPian

Checked with the dealer today. He said my Interceptor should be arriving in the middle of March. Orange Crush is what I chose.
Old 30th January 2019, 11:45   #367
Senior - BHPian

In today's date and time, where everything is on a digital platform, why cant they plan and give more realistic delivery dates. I am sure they know their production capabilities and numbers, and they do have booking counts and follow FCFS, so why are there so much discrepancies and confusions. There is no news of any recent labour strikes as well. Unless of-course they have identifies issues and trying to fix them which again should be communicated in a fair manner. When i had booked a C5 in 2010, i was promised delivery in 5 weeks, which eventually went to 13 weeks that too after making lots of noise. Seems they have not improved much when it comes to precise delivery plans.
Old 30th January 2019, 15:31   #368
BHPian

This is unbelievable guys. I booked my GT650 today in Ludhiana, and am getting delivery today itself :-). I mean, I cant believe my luck. Frankly speaking, I was not prepared for such an early delivery as I had to prepare myself mentally because of the fact that I will be riding a motorcycle after 25 years ;-). Anyways, the question is, how do I decode the vin number. I need to check whether the unit being delivered is a 2019 manufactured one and not the one from the 2018 lot( although highly unlikely ).
isldhn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 17:12   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Anyways, the question is, how do I decode the vin number. I need to check whether the unit being delivered is a 2019 manufactured one and not the one from the 2018 lot( although highly unlikely ).
Yes I can understand how many people might be having a heartburn or backside burning looking at your post

Congratulations on your vehicle, have put up the schematic representation on how you can decode your manufacturing dates.

Good luck with the bike and stay safe, buy quality gear to be even better.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-capture.png
ku69rd is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 17:23   #370
BHPian

Gracias Senor!! The chassis number includes a ‘K’, so I guess I am good to go. Will definitely take care of the gear part. Have to start shopping Asap :-). Any suggestions where to buy the gear from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Yes I can understand how many people might be having a heartburn or backside burning looking at your post

Congratulations on your vehicle, have put up the schematic representation on how you can decode your manufacturing dates.

Good luck with the bike and stay safe, buy quality gear to be even better.

Attachment 1843237
isldhn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 17:29   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions where to buy the gear from?
Welcome, am not too sure on the establishments in Ludhiana.

Depends on the rider you are, but since you have mentioned that you are getting back after 25 years my suggestion is to start in a slow but sure manner.
Check out the Rynox Stealth Jacket or DSG Triton X jackets. Both of them are basic touring jackets and under 10K.

Possibly once you get a good feel you can then start to invest on stuff that you perceive will serve you for the long run.

You have online purchases but I would suggest you to physically check them out, see the fitment of the armors embedded in these jackets are covering those much needed areas.
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 20:56   #372
BHPian

Quote:
This is unbelievable guys. I booked my GT650 today in Ludhiana, and am getting delivery today itself :-). I mean, I cant believe my luck. Frankly speaking, I was not prepared for such an early delivery as I had to prepare myself mentally because of the fact that I will be riding a motorcycle after 25 years ;-). Anyways, the question is, how do I decode the vin number. I need to check whether the unit being delivered is a 2019 manufactured one and not the one from the 2018 lot( although highly unlikely ).
Got a call yesterday from a dealer in Delhi promising immediate delivery of continental GT in white colour. On being asked, he clarified that all the available inventory is 2019 model in white colour only. He further added that interceptor delivery will not happen before May/Jun 2019, if booked now.
Old 31st January 2019, 18:08   #373
BHPian

I have booked my i650 Orange Crush on 23rd Nov 2018 from Kings Baner, Pune. Whenever i call the dealer they said delivery of bike is not in our hands, you will get a call from company directly . I am waiting for the call from god knows which company.
Old 31st January 2019, 19:21   #374
BHPian

Hang in there brother. I have an uncanny feeling that this may be because RE wants to create an air of ‘demand’ around the Twins. Maybe I am wrong, but it’s not a bad strategy as far as marketing in our country is concerned. We all love to wait for the product which has long queue of buyers right;-)
It is off topic, but I never understand why Iphone XR is not selling in India despite it being an excellent option for the ones not looking to spend the 100k on the 10X. Its got the best battery of all the iphones Ive used till now( all generations) and its fast. But as you know, us Indians have a habit to follow the herd and are queued behind the 10x as if there was no tomorrow :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack View Post
I have booked my i650 Orange Crush on 23rd Nov 2018 from Kings Baner, Pune. Whenever i call the dealer they said delivery of bike is not in our hands, you will get a call from company directly . I am waiting for the call from god knows which company.
Old 31st January 2019, 19:55   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe I am wrong, but it’s not a bad strategy as far as marketing in our country is concerned. We all love to wait for the product which has long queue of buyers right;-)
Not sure if that's true - know many who are reconsidering. I wasn't looking to change the bike (I ride a CBR 250R right now), but once I test rode the Interceptor, started thinking about it and the little shoulder pain I have recently started feeling on long rides - esp coming back into town - suddenly started feeling unbearable

Now I'm thinking if a used Dominar - or even a new one - with all the mods they did for the Polar Odyssey doesn't actually make more sense since I want to keep the bike for long, and actually tour long distance on it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks